Clarko the Cruel: Invoking rape, infant mortality and murder to smokescreen Hawthorn's failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
[redacted]
AFL Club
Geelong
Far be it for me to carry on like a staff writer at a Murdoch tabloid and sensationalise current events with key emotional terms to stir feelings of anger and yeah, even horror, with my headlines while bending a quote to tie in with my own mis-representation of what was actually said. But gee, reading this from coaching also-ran Alistair Clarkson;

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...ays-more-to-life-than-afl-20120929-26slo.html

"It is not anywhere near the loss of something like what happened to Jill Meagher last week... a brain tumour, or what happened to Jarrad McVeigh's (infant) daughter (who died) last year.

you could almost get the feeling that the walking advertisement for small man/small dog syndrome (SM/SD) was trying to duck his team's underperformance behind very real, very sensitive and very public tragedies.

The horror... the horror...

What a disgraceful thing to say.

He's definitely in damage control if he's trying to claim that "we're just starting to come into a really good era for our club".

Is he serious or is he just lying to try to desperately appease angry Hawthorn supporters ? The Hawk era has one year, at most. left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't reckon he would have brought these things up if they'd won.

i didn't like it at all.
For sure.

They weren't the best comments either but I can only assume he wasn't in his best frame of mind when he went down that road. IMO he had best intentions but he just didn't need to go there in the first place.

yeah i was appalled when i heard him say that. before that he said the game was like the geelong vs fremantle game. didn't give sydney respect at all. sydney were/are better and deserved the win. point, blank, period. never said that once. instead he went so low.

total knob end

I love this bit "It's like Nadal versus Federer - heavyweights having a crack at one another - you are going to win some you are going to lose some." Clarko you're nothing but a piece of shit and your team of superstars is no heavyweight.

In fairness, I can see what he was trying to say, but his lack of eloquence could be interpreted in a very negative way.

Give him a break - I'm sure he'd choose his words differently if he had his time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back