Club 1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing there are a few of us I thought it may be an idea to make a thread for the Club 1870 Members on the board to discuss the events and membership itself.

Hopefully a few more sign up because of it aswell!

I think most of us are now receiving our "Since 1870" Book signed by our chosen player with an extra surprise of a Christmas Card signed by some key parties at the club (Keith Thomas, Matt Primus, Brett Duncanson and someone who I cannot recognize (?))

dsc0318dw.jpg

dsc0319be.jpg

dsc0320lw.jpg

dsc0321ou.jpg

dsc0323hq.jpg

Really looking forward to the couple of 1870 Events next year!

TSW

The signature on the card that you couldn't recognise looks to be "Tony Bamford" to me.

Haven't got my book yet. Hopefully within the next week.

My money's on 'Jenny Dartford'.

The signature on the card that you couldn't recognise looks to be "Tony Bamford" to me.

Haven't got my book yet. Hopefully within the next week.
are you talking about the signature in the book ??? if you are thats john butchers signature (just read the thread silly me) forget everything ive said :)

Thats John Butchers autograph.

Was more so talking about the Signature on the Right hand side of the card.

Read it has 'Jenny' someone, but who knows who.

My package was delivered this morning. The signature on the right is the Magpies component, Tony Bamford. I got Butch to sign my book as well. It was a toss up between him and Jacko.

TSW did you get any plastic cards or cards with your package? Or are they coming next year?

I thought they were coming before Christmas,

But didnt receive anything else apart from the Christmas Card and the Book.

It was Butch or Wingard for me.

I got the book and Christmas card also.

For me the book was a toss up between Boak, Jacko and Butch, I went with Boaky.

I will be interested to see what the two 'inner sanctum experiences' entail next year as the membership was a fair bit of $$

For a Glenelg supporter, you certainly are a passionate Port Adelaide man :D

Reckon the club needs more non-Port SANFL Supporters like a certain Small Warrior ;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was called and asked who I wanted to sign my book I explained I already had an autographed Since 1870 book and could I get it signed for my father in law "To Trevor...." by Travis Boak (his favourite player) for a Christmas gift and was told no worries. I then said I will be in Adelaide briefly on the 19th of December and could I pick it up instead of them posting it to Sydney and the club said yep no worries.

So I turn up at the club on Monday morning to collect from the Allan Scott Headquarters only to be told that it was signed to me, not old Trevor, and posted to Sydney last Friday....

That's when the greatest service from an employee that I have encountered anywhere in my life commenced. The receptionist calls the membership officer that I spoke to but she was in a meeting with KT so she goes and grabs her from the meeting!, they work out that the above had in fact happened and set about resolving it. The boys were downstairs training so they gave me a new book a silver pen, called Mathew Bishop and said I was heading down to get Boaky to sign it. I said to Bish, don't drag him out of training on account of me I'll hang around and watch for a while. So I see Russell Ebert and get him to sign it, Dom Cassisi wanders past and signs it, Hamish Hartlett and John Butcher do the same. Training hadn't finished yet and the bride was getting restless so I returned the pen to the receptionist and explained we were heading off. (No Boaky :-( )

Now I could go into more detail about what the staff did and how helpful they all were but suffice to say my Essendon supporting wife was incredibly impressed with how everything was handled and the professionalism showed by the staff but also how the atmosphere was incredibly "family" like. I couldn't think of much else to say but...

"We are Port Adelaide".

Trevor will be stoked on Christmas Day.

If you want Boaky to sign it mate let me know,

Got Flipper and a few of the lads coming over at some point over the next couple of days and can get it passed on then sent out to ya.

The boys were downstairs training so they gave me a new book a silver pen, called Mathew Bishop and said I was heading down to get Boaky to sign it.

surprised-little-boy1.jpg

I said to Bish, don't drag him out of training on account of me I'll hang around and watch for a while. So I see Russell Ebert and get him to sign it, Dom Cassisi wanders past and signs it, Hamish Hartlett and John Butcher do the same.

81496052.gif

That is brilliant!

If you want Boaky to sign it mate let me know,

Got Flipper and a few of the lads coming over at some point over the next couple of days and can get it passed on then sent out to ya.

Thanks mate but we left straight from Alberton for a 3 hour drive to the bush for Christmas.

As it stands I will have a spare Since 1870 book signed by Boaky but addressed to me (those of you who know me know my christian name) so if anyone has a Port Adelaide supporting relative with that name I'm happy to pass the book on.

PM me if you are interested. Starts with a J so that should narrow it down.

Great service to rectify it but terrible service for the initial problem.

If thats the only problem of a substantial mail out using a data base the PAFC have done extremely well.

I was initially disappointed but overjoyed at the response of the staff at the club. As I've said to any staff that have worked for me over the years - mistakes are inevitable, it's how we rectify them and put plans into place so the same mistake isn't made twice is how we are judged.

I give the PAFC an A+ for the outcome and I'll shop there again ;)

I've already got one but know a family who love the Magpies and can't afford to go who would use it every week. If u don't get any better offers let me know and I can put you in touch

Its theirs mate. Looks like I'm meant to use my AFL members card to get in at the SANFL games, so I will contact the club to get a second card just for the SANFL and its theirs bud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club 1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Back