• Lade

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 28 29.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurn back the club as a development coach.

Jobs for the boys.

To be fair, development coaching roles wouldnt pay that well. It wouldnt be easy to encourage someone from over east to come across for them. Probably has to be an ex eagle or docker really. Unless there is a retired player from another club living back here.

Hope King is ok and as mentioned, it’s a one off circumstance.

I’m already preemptively annoyed at the media narrative either way - if he gets it then there are medical question marks for the future and if he doesn’t, then it’s because of medical question marks.

Sorry for intruding - Just my thoughts on Skipworth given I've watched him a lot during training the last few years.

He's really opened up, became more vocal when he was given more opportunity to lead. Under Bucks, it's either he was (like most) walking on eggshells, but under Fly.. I've heard him speaks more than I had before.
He is very vocal at trainings, in drills. Maybe it was the environment under Fly, but it's as if he was given freedom to speak his mind.

Even coached a few pre-season games over the last few years. Done interviews where he is very articulate in what he says. But has connected to the players really well. He isn't afraid to tell it how he sees it.
Feels like he sees the game really well, and understands what needs to be done.

Hurn back the club as a development coach.

Jobs for the boys.

I completely agree. 300 game player, a premiership captain and multiple all Australian has nothing to teach 18 year olds coming in.

Victorians aren’t going to move their family for a development role that doesn’t pay anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn's resume and standards are about as good as you could hope to see from any player. Got the best out of himself consistently over a very, very long career. Just about every club in the comp would be happy to give him a shot as a development coach.
Yep, of all the 'boys' to give a job to, Hurn's one you definitely want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back