Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

You literally just pulled a Caro and named three former players.

Anyway, a few outsider names I'd like to see considered:
Daniel Giansiracusa (Essendon midfield coach, my favorite choice)
James Rahilly (Geelong assistant; former Adelaide fwds coach)
Corey Enright (St Kilda backline coach)

Rahilly moved back to Geelong as the misso wanted him to go back Home after he left Geelong as an assistant in the first place.
Doubt he's moving again when he has spent most of his coaching career at Geelong, went for a stint at Crows then moved back to Geelong to keep the fam happy.

Crows Head of Football Adam Kelly said while disappointed to lose Rahilly, the Club understood his desire to return to Victoria for family reasons.

“So while it’s unfortunate that James won’t be continuing with us in 2024, we also understand the nature of the industry and that he has an opportunity to continue his career in his home state, so we wish him, his wife Georgia and their children Van, Hyde, Wren and West all the best for the future.”

Would like us to at least consider or put a phone call into Mark Stone.

Background

• 2024 – Current – Head of Football, Christ Church Grammar School (also doing media on 6PR offering expert opinion and commentating)
  • 2020 – 2024 – Strategy Coach (Senior Assistant, Fagen’s 2IC) – Brisbane Lions
  • 2017 – 2020 – Head Coach – Glenelg Football Club – 2019 Premiership
  • 2011 – 2017 – Midfield Coach, Forwards Coach, Stoppages & Structures Coach, Training Program coordinator
  • 2007 – 2001 – Stoppage Coach – Swans
  • 2002 – 2007 – Opposition and Stoppage, Analyst and Midfield Coach – West Coast Eagles

Cox then daylight second for me. He’s been away for 8 years at a club with a fantastic culture, talent identification and development as well as on field success in terms of W/L. Has a strong relationship with Pyke (which I hope is disregarded in the selection process but benefits us if appointed) and probably players at Sydney who might be looking to return home/better opportunity. Good with people, knows a player’s perspective to win a flag and what it takes to win one.

Background

• 2024 – Current – Head of Football, Christ Church Grammar School (also doing media on 6PR offering expert opinion and commentating)
  • 2011 – 2017 – Midfield Coach, Forwards Coach, Stoppages & Structures Coach, Training Program coordinator
  • 2002 – 2007 – Opposition and Stoppage, Analyst and Midfield Coach – West Coast Eagles

Should definitely offer him a senior assistant gig.

Background

Think someone mentioned a week or so ago that he was quite happy being out of the AFL system, getting better money for less stress.

Background

Anyone has time to do this against Fox’s proposed 15 replacements?

I do think whoever ends up taking Simpson post will like have a fresh new assistants as well.

Schoey/Knights will be out the door.

Cox then daylight second for me. He’s been away for 8 years at a club with a fantastic culture, talent identification and development as well as on field success in terms of W/L. Has a strong relationship with Pyke (which I hope is disregarded in the selection process but benefits us if appointed) and probably players at Sydney who might be looking to return home/better opportunity. Good with people, knows a player’s perspective to win a flag and what it takes to win one.
Yeah but his got a fat double chin now and I don't know. As a player I can't respect a coach with a fat double chin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Cox and Hansen coaching opportunity should be decided based on the results of their respective team this year.

The fact is:

For Cox if Sydney don't win the grand final then his record is being apart of a losing grand final.

For Hansen if Carlton don't make it anywhere then his record is being part of a loser club (Carlton)

But Hansen has the better CV. But the thing is being an assistant for the fluke Bullie flag is less then convincing. But his VFL flag is actually legit. However, Cox is embedded in a non loser club (Sydney).

All in all TBD based on their respective team result this year.

Be very interested in what the mandate is for Schofield. I would hope it’s development and get some games into some young players.
Other than that I hope its careers are on the line type of thing.
I don’t think Schofield is the type of coach who Woukd think winning games is the priority these last 7 weeks. Being competitive and effort are huge though.

Be interesting to see if Scooter Selwood creeps into contention. By all reports a really great footy brain and brilliant team guy. Apprenticeship at Collingwood also bodes well, and unlikely to rise further up the ranks there in the medium term so likely would be looking for opportunity too.

Development coach his main area of expertise, which would be a great fit for a young rebuilding list

He'd be near the front of the queue for me.

Be very interested in what the mandate is for Schofield. I would hope it’s development and get some games into some young players.
Other than that I hope its careers are on the line type of thing.
I don’t think Schofield is the type of coach who Woukd think winning games is the priority these last 7 weeks. Being competitive and effort are huge though.

Ex eagles player.

this is a bit of a smokey but dean cox seems to have an impressive cv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back