Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

15 names?
If this is the case, then we have NFI what we are doing.

“Hoping” that 5-8 apply? Are we that low, that we rely on hope?

As for these assistants, dropping out seemingly because calling a removalist is causing mental illness, turn it up. Society these days. Don’t ask anything difficult of anyone.

If they don’t want to throw their hat in, we don’t want them anyway. If you need to think about it, don’t apply. We only want those where the simple thought of not applying is torture.
I really wish you'd been in charge of Collingwood 3 years ago.

I can't believe we're such a rabble that we haven't even started our search for a new coach, yet we've already exhausted our search for a new coach coz no one in Australia wants to coach West Coast, except for maybe Darcy Pierce, who isn't a real person.

I can't believe we're such a rabble that we haven't even started our search for a new coach, yet we've already exhausted our search for a new coach coz no one in Australia wants to coach West Coast, except for maybe Darcy Pierce, who isn't a real person.
Anybody want a City Chicken I mean HJ’s ?

kenny mccormick run GIF by South Park

Geez guys.There will be plenty of people wanting the coaches job.
The rebuild has started.
We are a rich club with the best facilities in the land.
Of course not everyone wants to leave somewhere that they are happy at.
Get a grip!
We will have a good list of candidates to select from.
Plus .. the incoming coach has Harley!

Geez guys.There will be plenty of people wanting the coaches job.
The rebuild has started.
We are a rich club with the best facilities in the land.
Of course not everyone wants to leave somewhere that they are happy at.
Get a grip!
We will have a good list of candidates to select from.
Plus .. the incoming coach has Harley!

Sorry to tell you the rebuild hasn’t started… at all..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Buckley hasn’t publicly turned down the job…yet.

At this point I’d say it’s his for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Based on what though?

There will be plenty of candidates that will be considered. Having a bigger profile doesn't make him the favourite.

15 names?
If this is the case, then we have NFI what we are doing.

“Hoping” that 5-8 apply? Are we that low, that we rely on hope?

As for these assistants, dropping out seemingly because calling a removalist is causing mental illness, turn it up. Society these days. Don’t ask anything difficult of anyone.

If they don’t want to throw their hat in, we don’t want them anyway. If you need to think about it, don’t apply. We only want those where the simple thought of not applying is torture.
Some of the people on the initial list will be people who are currently contracted senior coaches at other clubs, like Hinkley is. I bet even Chris Scott has been approached. Not surprising that a large percentage of them would rather stick with the devil they know and the contract they already have.

Some will be ex - coaches who might be earning as much in the media as they would as a senior coach, or who have already moved on from footy and started other businesses. Again, not surprising that many of them won't want to apply.

You would hope that 80% plus, or even 90% plus, of current day assistants who are invited to apply would take the opportunity. But i think that that percentage will be lower with us because of perceptions of where we are in the cycle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Hinkley is a great coach because Port have never finished lower than 11th during his tenure.
Your club could use a coach of his calibre to escape the bottom rungs of the ladder.

New rookie coach would be too risky in my opinion, look at Yze he is getting eaten alive at Richmond.
Nicks was a rookie coach at Adelaide and has yet to take them to finals after half a decade.

Could your club afford to take the risk of a rookie coach and spend another 5+ years out of the finals?
Eh it worked pretty well with Worsfold and Simmo

I think one thing that points to them wanting somebody experienced like a current or ex senior coach is that they will want somebody with experienced dealing with the media and media criticism. They will know that the next 3 years at least will still be a rough ride. After a honeymoon period the new coach will start being criticised in the media aswell when the win/loss results are not great. They will want somebody for whom that will be water off a ducks back rather than somebody who sooks about it and lets it keep them up at night.

Ken Hinkley is a great coach because Port have never finished lower than 11th during his tenure.
Your club could use a coach of his calibre to escape the bottom rungs of the ladder.

New rookie coach would be too risky in my opinion, look at Yze he is getting eaten alive at Richmond.
Nicks was a rookie coach at Adelaide and has yet to take them to finals after half a decade.

Could your club afford to take the risk of a rookie coach and spend another 5+ years out of the finals?
Hinkley is the safest bet in my opinion, but that's my 2 cents and ask Charlie Dixon how much that's worth.

See West Coast fans, this bloke knows what he's talking about, and he's not even a Port supporter. Sign him up before it’s too late. Think about you’ll never get another wooden spoon with Ken Hinkley Bald Head in charge but don’t take to long. Bids are closing. So get him now!

IMG_0583.JPG

Last edited:
Its always darkest before the Dawn, no coach could help this current list. Its going to take a massive list cull and I think Schoey is the one.

We have been linked with Kern for a few hours and everyone wants to riot.

Imagine having him for 11+ years.

But seriously he's been unlucky too, that 2020 prelim they prob should've beaten tigs

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why should we have won that prelim? It was a close game, but when it was up for grabs in the last, Richmond won every key moment. Lycett got absolutely belted by Nankervis. The scoreline flattered us a little due to the short covid quarters.
Geelong would have run amok against us in the gf anyway. We didn't have anyone that could turn the tide like Dusty.

Why should we have won that prelim? It was a close game, but when it was up for grabs in the last, Richmond won every key moment. Lycett got absolutely belted by Nankervis. The scoreline flattered us a little due to the short covid quarters.
Geelong would have run amok against us in the gf anyway. We didn't have anyone that could turn the tide like Dusty.
100% . We were never winning that game and if we had we would've pinched it.

Don't love that several highly rated assistant coaches have publicly come out to say they're not bothering to apply.

Talking about being entrenched at clubs in 2-team states, not wanting to relocate family doesn't strike as all that genuine in an industry as fickle/brutal as the AFL.

We must be in such an unappealing state that they don't want to risk their shot on us. Which is pretty tough to hear when every team that needs a new coach is a basket case essentially.

These are assistants that seemingly have senior coaching roles already lined up.

The public also gets hung up on famous names as their preferred options (most didn't have Craig McRae or Adam Kingsley on their radar when they got appointed, as examples), when in reality there's probably a dozen assistants across the 18 clubs with great credentials. Will just come down to what traits is the club specifically looking for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back