Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If Schofield wasn't already internal I've no doubt this board would have him as their favourite of the current list. We'd be seeing posts about how he wouldn't take any shit, is a tough man, loves to throw Gatorade bottles at half time.

Not to say that's a reason to pick him, just an observation

How the hell did Harry T get in on the selection committee? FFS, he’s a Geelong person through and through. Suppose he thinks it’s easy money.

He never really presented in media / interviews as particulalry switched on either.

Harry Taylor is very highly regarded football person. Was Head of Performance at Geelong in their premiership year before going home to Geraldton last year

Currently working at the club part time as a leadership consultant so makes a very good addition to the selection panel

Also has a degree in Applied Management/Strategic Management

Harry Taylor is very highly regarded football person. Was Head of Performance at Geelong in their premiership year before going home to Geraldton last year

Currently working at the club part time as a leadership consultant so makes a very good addition to the selection panel

I understand he has a highly developed understanding of the game.

He’s also the ham guy

And a reigning premiership player*

* For Northampton.

Genuinely nice bloke too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone feel like this is our darkest moments in our history ? never seen so many potential candidates pass up the opportunity to coach us, Barrass shopping himself around, players not giving 100% effort and successive poor years.

Does anyone feel like this is our darkest moments in our history ? never seen so many potential candidates pass up the opportunity to coach us, Barrass shopping himself around, players not giving 100% effort and successive poor years.
I feel like the last month or so is a turning point of sorts.

Guess we'll see

At least we're giving games to youngsters

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

never seen so many potential candidates pass up the opportunity to coach us

Cox is the only one, and he has a pretty good reason. Carr I reckon was never going to be in the running and Buckley's ego was never going to go through the process. If we wanted him we'd have had to offer him the job outright. I'm glad we didnt

To have the career he had from where he started as a slow knock kneed kid verges on miraculous. If he can impart any of his strength of character and footy iq into our kids it will be invaluable. I think he will also be an asset in our search for a coach.

The only downside to Schofield is that he was Adam Simpson assistant. Otherwise he is as qualified as every single assistant we may be looking at.
It’s all about setting new standards. Can Schofield set them? I think he can as well as as any of the others.
If we can’t get a Chris Scott or Buckley as it appears we can’t, then I would be all in on Schofield. Hanson, graham,Montgomery etc etc have nothing more to offer than Schofield does except they were not part of Simmos team
Exactly, Schofield has been a senior assistant during the worst 3 years in the clubs history.
One of our worst performing groups is the midfield, that's where most games are won and lost.
What has Schofield done to improve our midfield, isn't that his area of expertise?

Exactly, Schofield has been a senior assistant during the worst 3 years in the clubs history.
One of our worst performing groups is the midfield, that's where most games are won and lost.
What has Schofield done to improve our midfield, isn't that his area of expertise?

If he has done his job then he implemented the Adam Simpson game plan and structure. Assistant coaches get to suggest only, they don't get to change things without approval of the senior coach.
This is why senior coaches get 1m per year and assistants get a 300k per year.

The person who didn't improve our midfield has gone now.

If he has done his job then he implemented the Adam Simpson game plan and structure. Assistant coaches get to suggest only, they don't get to change things without approval of the senior coach.
This is why senior coaches get 1m per year and assistants get a 300k per year.

The person who didn't improve our midfield has gone now.
How do we know Simpson didn't take on board his suggestions and implement them? Assistance coaches are hired to assist, the suggestion they don't have any influence on the coach would not be correct in most instances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back