Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

The selection panel would want to get moving quickly on a candidate that can galvanise the group and emit an air of excitement and present a positive vision club-wide for the future.

Failure to do that, and I fear there will be a mass exodus of (some very good) players.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone that has doubts about applying for the role needs to be shown the last ten minutes and just the crowd engagement… 35000 plus fans on the back of three garbage years yet sounded much more on the tv… who wouldn’t want to coach a club with a supporter base like we have .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield seemed quite circumspect about the possibility of taking on the role full time when he was first appointed. Almost as if he either wasn’t sure if he wanted it and/or he’d be seen as a candidate

As each week has gone by he’s looked more settled and more open about how he’s enjoying the role to the point where he sounds like he genuinely wants the job

He’s making it interesting after I think most people had him a few places from the top of the pecking order. I know I did

Love it.

We've gone from corralling to a completely brutal brand of footy.

The change is stark and the players look to have bought in.

Give Schofield the job plz.

Looks clear that there has been some non negotiables set and it’s clear there has been a response.
Really great signs.

Next week will be a big spotlight on Schofield as a coach for mine.

Coming off the Hollywood lights of Optus stadium.

To our longest away game against North in Hobart on a cold n gloomy Winter's day.

We must show the same intensity and will to win as we did tonight

And if we do win or lose it will be a big tick for Schofield as our future head coach !

Schofield's been here for 3 years, not sure a win against Gold Coast at home is enough to suggest it's more than the dead cat bounce that David Teague and Rhys Shaw got.

Schofield's been here for 3 years, not sure a win against Gold Coast at home is enough to suggest it's more than the dead cat bounce that David Teague and Rhys Shaw got.
He has argueably the best CV compared to remaining coaches.

Alot of those on the prospective list are there because they were part of simmo 2018. No offence but I do not want a coach which highest coaching achievement is being part of our 2018 coaching group. Christ. Being part of simmo coaching group on 2018 should be scrubbed off their CV as an achievement. When scrub that off the prospective coaches lessen some more

May be a dead cat bounce. Let's be honest any coach taking this list for the next 2 years will expirence a dead cat bounce. That's how dire the list is. We can't win on talent we need to win on scrapy plays bringing opposition to our mud level

It's not really a dead cat bounce if it's taken 3 weeks of meetings about accountability and playing for 4 quarters to turn it around. Ontop of making significant structural changes which needed a bit of time to bear fruit. I think there are more wins coming in these last 3 games and like tonight they'll be earned not given.

It's not really a dead cat bounce if it's taken 3 weeks of meetings about accountability and playing for 4 quarters to turn it around. Ontop of making significant structural changes which needed a bit of time to bear fruit. I think there are more wins coming in these last 3 games and like tonight they'll be earned not given.
Agreed.

Hard fought win.

Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back