Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN Melbourne Tim Watson and Lyon rolling with Danny Daly and he would eat the job up (sounds like that was from Cotchin who he had coached).

Also the theory is everyone is pulling out because they think it’s a ‘boat race’ and they have their man already.

The Good Oil segment for anyone who wants to a listen on the podcast app.

Last edited:
'family reasons'...just an excuse... Has probably been told that we aren't interested in him... like Graham... But it does look a bunch of these assistants are pussies... Who's only inspiration is to be 'assistant coach '... And 'family men'/(give me a break)...

They might think that they look cool or something turning down a head coaching job...but in reality when another one pops up... Clubs would just think that these guys are soft

Id say give it to Schofield... Unless someone like Hird or something expresses an interest...
If blues miss finals this year and have a shit start to the year next, the typical blues board will try and sack Voss. He might well be waiting in the wings.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

To my point earlier, I don’t think we are viewing a coach as a stop gap. I think that potential coaches are viewing us in a “not now, but it will come around soon” mindset.

Coaches very rarely get a second shot at the top gig, so few are the opportunities. If there’s a chance it might be 2-3 years before you start to see any traction in results, that’s such a long time in footy, especially now with the almost 24 hour news cycle in footy. You run the risk of clubs getting impatient and moving you on having done all the hard work. It’s a cruel business, at times.

If you’re Ash Hansen, Dean Cox, sitting in cushy assistant roles with clubs in contention, there’s probably not much incentive to move across the country for us at the minute. Because if they do go now and it doesn’t work that’s more than likely it for their senior aspirations.

The club will have some work to do to sell us. But I think the right candidate will have done his homework anyway and will know we have some really good quality poking through. JWillo, Hough, Ginbey, Reid, Long, Maric all look like 150-200 gamers. Allen, Waterman are an excellent pairing up forward.

A new coach should unlock Chessers best footy, Hewett & Bazzo should get a clear run next year and become additional recruits as well. Yes our list will be more attractive in a couple of years. I hope whoever gets the role makes them regret not going for the role now.

Sorry yeah gotcha, good point/well made and totally agree.

If blues miss finals this year and have a shit start to the year next, the typical blues board will try and sack Voss. He might well be waiting in the wings.

There were supposedly rumblings from the board prior to last year after missing finals the year before. Cook basically put his foot down and said 'No' to the board.

I imagine it'll be the same thing this off-season, especially considering how badly it's been derailed due to injuries.

Right now my preference is for either Schofield or Hickmott

Montgomery sounds like he might be good also but his family situation in Adelaide doesn’t sound ideal. Coaching as an assistant with your family in another state is one thing but doing that as a head coach would be incredibly difficult. And if his family moves there’s no guarantee they settle. In addition, it does sound like he’s very authoritarian which might sound good to some (and may be what the playing group need) but it’s a style that can go pear shaped quickly

Selwood is a danger of being too inexperienced

Giansiracusa and Skipworth might be fine but I don’t know much of either or if they’re interested

Others like Chaplin or Chris Newman might yet emerge as serious candidates as it’s still early days

So for now, I’m leaning to either Schofield or Hickmott
Skipworth CV is impressive.

Was asked to interview for tigers and declined. Now he's won a flag as an assistant he might want a lead role.

Selwood also a pies assistant. He is young but so was Sam.mitchel.

There were supposedly rumblings from the board prior to last year after missing finals the year before. Cook basically put his foot down and said 'No' to the board.

I imagine it'll be the same thing this off-season, especially considering how badly it's been derailed due to injuries.

**** these old clubs with “power brokers”

As frustrating as it is to see change at ours, so glad we aren’t like those suburban clubs.

**** these old clubs with “power brokers”

As frustrating as it is to see change at ours, so glad we aren’t like those suburban clubs.
Yep, it's beyond ridiculous. Ours are a little too conservative at times but at least they generally let the Football department get on with it and only tend to step in when things get very dire.

Senior coach: Schofield
Senior assistant: Schofield’s lanyard

Thanks for the nod mate. Looking forward to taking the reigns from Knights and that troglodyte Webster - he's been a massive dribbling sook since Schofield tried to use me to strangle him for suggesting moving Witherden to the wing and he's never let it go.

There's a new sheriff in town, y'all are under notice.

You'd get more likes if people knew what Schofield’s lanyard was.

Not everyone is as ignorant as you mate, but I'll give you a pass this time.

I'm tough, uncompromising and I demand a contested brand of holding identification. My preference is being worn like a sash, but at the very least I'm here to make sure Schoey gets to the restricted areas without an issue.

Watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN Melbourne Tim Watson and Lyon rolling with Danny Daly and he would eat the job up (sounds like that was from Cotchin who he had coached).

Also the theory is everyone is pulling out because they think it’s a ‘boat race’ and they have their man already.

The Good Oil segment for anyone who wants to a listen on the podcast app.

The f*ck is a boat race in this context?

The f*ck is a boat race in this context?
Lets Go Water GIF by coloradoschoolofmines

Or

I'm presuming he meant 'One-horse race' and completed ****ed it.

Yeah likely. That's the kind of content I'd expect from a show that has Tim Watson front and centre.

boat raced

To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowingcompetition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter.

boat raced

To be beaten very badly at something, especially in such a fashion that you were behind from the start and never had a chance. Comes from the Boat Race, an annual rowingcompetition between Oxford and Cambridge, in which the first side to get ahead can move to the middle of the river (where the current is fastest) and is almost never overtaken thereafter.
Turns out Tim Watson is an academic genius to be admired then.

This is a strange attitude. All teams have a bounce with a new coach. Getting tricked by that is a rookie mistake. We had a very good coach with Simmo and we need to get in another very good coach. It is very important we get this right.

Massively over rating Simmo. Any coach who for 4 years can’t get the players to do their jobs is not that good a coach.

Cue the excuses…….

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back