Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Not like you to be so negative about an individual at the club.

You’re just another one who hates reality, you much prefer everything glossed over and smelling like roses.
It’s an opinion, not negative.
Unfortunately the truth which people like you hate.

Massively over rating Simmo. Any coach who for 4 years can’t get the players to do their jobs is not that good a coach.

Cue the excuses…….

4 years now?

I swear it gets longer every time.

Massively over rating Simmo. Any coach who for 4 years can’t get the players to do their jobs is not that good a coach.

Cue the excuses…….
So when Schofield was the midfield coach why was the midfield terrible under him for two seasons? By the same logic what’s his excuse?m

Suggesting any random coach is better than Simpson is just ridiculous.

Daniel Garb

@DanielGarb

With several contenders opting out of the process, Brett Montgomery and Jarrad Schofield are the two leading contenders, as it stands (others will likely emerge) for the Eagles vacancy.As reported two weeks ago, Montgomery has been contacted by Don Pyke to go through the interview process, which he will.We asked
@GWSGIANTS
development coach Alicia Eva about Montgomery's credentials on
@abcsport
on Friday night:"He's brilliant. He's such an amazing teacher of the game. He can be very down the line and matter of fact but also builds really strong relationships with the players.""In all of the meetings I sit in, I walk out thinking, 'wow he's taught that concept of the game so well'. He's high on the list of coaches I'd want coaching my footy club."

So when Schofield was the midfield coach why was the midfield terrible under him for two seasons? By the same logic what’s his excuse?m

Suggesting any random coach is better than Simpson is just ridiculous.

No one suggested any random coach is better than Simpson, I simply Said Simpson was not a gun coach. Not sure where you get employ anyone from?

As for Schofield as midfield coach, well he implemented Simpsons plan and I agree with you that it was a failed area. Who is at fault? You would have to ask the club and Simmo that.

Two Grand Final appearances for 1 flag with a group of the most custard headed footballers you'll ever see.

It's a pretty fair effort really.

He just never recovered the group from the one-two punch of Willie, from his grassy knoll, and the following Covid hub. The club made poor decisions (or indecisions) off the field which compounded over time and we found ourselves neck-deep in the proverbial. A perfect (shit)storm

It was definitely time for a reset at our club and Simmo to move on but I think it's a pretty limited view to claim Simpson can't coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two Grand Final appearances for 1 flag with a group of the most custard headed footballers you'll ever see.

It's a pretty fair effort really.

He just never recovered the group from the one-two punch of Willie, from his grassy knoll, and the following Covid hub. The club made poor decisions (or indecisions) off the field which compounded over time and we found ourselves neck-deep in the proverbial. A perfect (shit)storm

It was definitely time for a reset at our club and Simmo to move on but I think it's a pretty limited view to claim Simpson can't coach.

Again no one said that either.

Pyke to coach, Simpson to CEO, it just makes sense.

Pyke to coach, Reid to CEO.

Would be the first Player-CEO since St Kilda FC pioneer Lord Huxington-Barkley, The Earl of Royston Vacey - who was originally sent to the Colonies for killing his footman during an ill-fated game of croquet.

Huge if true.

Pyke to coach, Reid to CEO.

Would be the first Player-CEO since St Kilda FC pioneer Lord Huxington-Barkley, The Earl of Royston Vacey - who was originally sent to the Colonies for killing his footman during an ill-fated game of croquet.

Huge if true.
Sick to death of Van Diemen’s Land bias in this league.

Sanderson on our search for a coach

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This was a good listen

Sanderson talking more generally about the pressures of being a senior coach and the impact on family due to the 24/7 nature of the job. Suggests that some assistant coaches see the demands of the job and decide that maybe it isn’t for them

Made some interesting points

This was a good listen

Sanderson talking more generally about the pressures of being a senior coach and the impact on family due to the 24/7 nature of the job. Suggests that some assistant coaches see the demands of the job and decide that maybe it isn’t for them

Made some interesting points

Maybe he can rule himself out too?

Just to add another name to the list for the impending hatchet job article that someone has half typed on their laptop.

No one suggested any random coach is better than Simpson, I simply Said Simpson was not a gun coach. Not sure where you get employ anyone from?

As for Schofield as midfield coach, well he implemented Simpsons plan and I agree with you that it was a failed area. Who is at fault? You would have to ask the club and Simmo that.
Did you read what I was replying to initially? It implied that any coach would be better than Simmo. Simmo is also clearly a great coach and it would be braindead to argue otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back