Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I live for the day where we constantly lay tackles week in week out. What infuriates me the most is that one week we bring the heat and nail tackles and then the following week revert to witches hats
With the constant changing of rules meaning every tackle is potentially a ticket to the MRP chook lotto, perhaps Simmo was simply a coach ahead of his time with the corralling.

Are West Coast really any different to what Port were when he took over?

They were an absolute basket case.
A quick look at their 2013 list suggests our current key position stocks are better whereas their small-medium fleet looks better. Hinkley's early Port squads had a lot of physical 'hard nut' types, something our list sorely lacks.

On radio this morning Luke Webster made a pretty big statement I thought. In discussion of Jake Waterman and Jeremy McGoverns AA squad selection, he mentioned that both committed fully in pre-season and set themelves up for a big pre-season during their downtime. He then mentioned that others need to follow suit

I think he was basically saying that players keep coming back from the break underprepared compared to others. It made me think that we need a coach in whose willing to whoop some ass sooner rather then later that way and a early pre-season start is on the cards. Maybe something Simmo the best friend wasnt willing to do

On radio this morning Luke Webster made a pretty big statement I thought. In discussion of Jake Waterman and Jeremy McGoverns AA squad selection, he mentioned that both committed fully in pre-season and set themelves up for a big pre-season during their downtime. He then mentioned that others need to follow suit

I think he was basically saying that players keep coming back from the break underprepared compared to others. It made me think that we need a coach in whose willing to whoop some ass sooner rather then later that way and a early pre-season start is on the cards. Maybe something Simmo the best friend wasnt willing to do

What station?

Which is exactly why i wouldn't want to trade out Waterman.

Unfortunately we can’t mandate an earlier pre season start… but we can set some expectations for all players around how they come back.

Question is are we willing to penalise (not sure if that means missing games, or just pre Xmas banishment to running groups) guys who are clear b22 but may not be returning year in year in peak condition?

I think there is a large cohort of players who could have gone 5% more prior to preseason, but didn’t. More running, or more weights, etc etc. (note the mass injuries we have had, so not 100% on the players but now is time for it to be put on them).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our sides mentality is so ****ing soft, bar a few players. Players come back unfit, the commitment and heart is just not there, we are generally unbearable to watch over the last 3 years. We are the most unprofessional side in a professional football competition where players earn huge money to perform.
The new coach must demand a professional effort from all the players, don’t sugar coat anything, I really want a very direct communicator.
Pyke seems very direct and to the point, I’m pretty confident he’ll be looking for a similar person for the coaching role.
Can’t wait to see a change, in the season coming.

Our sides mentality is so ****ing soft, bar a few players. Players come back unfit, the commitment and heart is just not there, we are generally unbearable to watch over the last 3 years. We are the most unprofessional side in a professional football competition where players earn huge money to perform.
The new coach must demand a professional effort from all the players, don’t sugar coat anything, I really want a very direct communicator.
Pyke seems very direct and to the point, I’m pretty confident he’ll be looking for a similar person for the coaching role.
Can’t wait to see a change, in the season coming.
Very, very harsh. Sadly I have to agree with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he really develop GCS well? Or was gcs youth talent just too good so they didn't need to develop them that much
Looked on track to get them into finals(from memory), then the AFL got impatient and put Eade in there, which was a total disaster.

There were reported issues amongst the playing group at the time though. The very religious side(Ablett, Swallow, et ak) vs the party boys(Hunt, Bennell, etc.)

Bluey would be a fantastic choice for head of development. What's even more positive is the club actually acknowledging that the development program needs boosting.

Absolutely. :thumbsu:

Our player development ( or lack thereof ) has worried me and been a concern, just as much as our Senior Coaches effectiveness.

Player development, in our glory years was something that we did exceptionally well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back