Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't for the life of me think what might have been different about our setup for our reserves...

If you genuinely think that the sole reason why our player development has been stunted, then you either are not looking close enough to the root of the problem, or, you don't understand the concept.

Just listened to Mark Stone on 6PR go through his 5 things that West Coast need to do to improve

One of his five points was the need for a coach to develop better team defence which I think we can all agree on

Asked by Paps if he’d done any team defence coaching he said he’d learned from Ross Lyon and enjoyed doing it

Sign him up West Coast

Now

If you genuinely think that the sole reason why our player development has been stunted, then you either are not looking close enough to the root of the problem, or, you don't understand the concept.

No but it'd be a hell of a good move in the meantime instead of wasting more years with the joke of a Wafl team

I understand it better than you think too chief

Just listened to Mark Stone on 6PR go through his 5 things that West Coast need to do to improve

One of his five points was the need for a coach to develop better team defence which I think we can all agree on

Asked by Paps if he’d done any team defence coaching he said he’d learned from Ross Lyon and enjoyed doing it

Sign him up West Coast

Now

West coast have a good defence, it's midfield and pressure in the forward line that is sadly lacking.

Look how many times ball come easily out of the backline and since Scofield went into head coaching and Boots took over the midfield we got pantsed.

It doesn't matter if Bailey looses the tap plenty of teams found a way against Mic Nat especially Geelong.

West coast have a good defence, it's midfield and pressure in the forward line that is sadly lacking.

Look how many times ball come easily out of the backline and since Scofield went into head coaching and Boots took over the midfield we got pantsed.

It doesn't matter if Bailey looses the tap plenty of teams found a way against Mic Nat especially Geelong.

Like he said, TEAM defence.

What's the latest we can expect to hear an announcement?

Fitzpatrick said last week by the end of September or just after. How soon will depend on whether any candidates are still involved in finals - GF is on 28/9 so it could be as late as about a week after that

Simpson was appointed within a week of Hawthorn winning the GF in 2013

What's the latest we can expect to hear an announcement?
Probably depends on whether the candidates are currently at teams competing in finals.

I'd say they would want the new coach on board before trade period though so at a guess I think the latest would be the period between the GF and Trade/Free Agency period.

Sign him up West Coast

Now
He would be a huge, huge improvement on Webster that's for sure.

development is well and truely different to head coach. I think McKenna has the right attributes to be a development coach.

My comment related to our CEO identifying one of our problems and looking broadly to identify solutions.
Sure, that's what you said.

It Is not a lie if you believe it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is our major weakness
We are the worst with run from our defensive 50
Our medium backs are terrible
Cole, Witherden Rotham and Jones those 4 are all poor defenders
McGovern covers so many holes

Bluey is still responsible for Gold Coast’s best ever season (12th, 10-12). They had an 11-12 year this year, thanks to the added game, but finished 13th.

Would be absolutely thrilled to have him on board in a development capacity.

I'm not actually convinced we have a good defence. In Gov and TB we have had great interceptors but we have severely lacked accountable lock down KPD stoppers. How many times have we struggled against teams with 2 decent KPF?

And with a lack of pace we've struggled to lock down dangerous smalls and lacked run on the rebound when we've had possession. Guys like Hunt and Hough have helped but we are still a cheesecake short of a dessert trolley in that regard.

The true view of our defence will only be revealed in a couple of years when we hopefully can put some defensive pressure through the midfield and we won't have the disadvantage of our defenders starting out under the pump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back