• Lade

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 36.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t think he was that impressive looking from the outside replacing dimma however I guess Schofield could be viewed similar for us

Yes, I think any coach taking over a dumpster fire is going to look average when they only have 5 weeks. They are not miracle workers - its not like you have a chance to properly implement changes and they are dealing with a dispirited playing group. Its a hiding to nothing. I personally dont know why these prospective coaches do it.

Ted Lasso, the fictional character from the TV series, is known for his optimistic, positive attitude and ability to motivate players.

While Ted Lasso would excel at building a positive team culture and connecting with players, his lack of tactical AFL knowledge and experience would likely be a major obstacle. However, with a strong support team of experienced assistant coaches, Ted’s motivational and leadership qualities could be valuable in creating a harmonious and resilient team.

We already had Caitlin Bassett do this ffs

Homer Simpson as coach of the West Coast Eagles would bring a unique mix of unorthodox motivation, calm under pressure, and outside-the-box tactics. His ability to unite diverse personalities and his global icon status would boost team spirit and fan engagement. With Homer at the helm, the Eagles would be unpredictable, entertaining, and a major hit on and off the field.

Homer Simpson as coach of the West Coast Eagles would bring a unique mix of unorthodox motivation, calm under pressure, and outside-the-box tactics. His ability to unite diverse personalities and his global icon status would boost team spirit and fan engagement. With Homer at the helm, the Eagles would be unpredictable, entertaining, and a major hit on and off the field.
Homer’s brother Adam has AFL experience, maybe we could sign them both?

And we wouldn't have to wait for the cuts under Homer.

1726045937566.png

Could Goodwin be available?
Would we want him?

New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather appoint Jacob Brennan than pick from the triumvirate of frauds, degenerates, and lunatics that is Hinkley, Goodwin and Beveridge.

I would rather appoint Jacob Brennan than pick from the triumvirate of frauds, degenerates, and lunatics that is Hinkley, Goodwin and Beveridge.

Seeing how magnificent he's been in player development over the last few years I'm sure he'd last less than a season.

Not sure on McQualter but to be fair to him, he did a fairly decent job with Richmond as caretaker. He won 7 of 13 which might seem a bit meh, but considering Dimma and Yze between them had 5 wins out of 33 in the last 2 years it looks pretty decent

He did have a pretty good list on paper still.

Odd to hear a sacked coach so continually praise the club that sacked him… must have been a good payout

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Having listed to the Back Chat interview, I got the impression that Simpson is pretty philosophical about life and that he probably recognised his time was up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back