Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Duffield on SEN this morning with a fairly glowing appraisal of Skipworth

Saying that whilst Montgomery and Schofield are still involved in the process, they’re behind McQualter, King and Skipworth with nothing separating that trio
I call crap. I know Lloyd Smith who is head of Gerald Daniel’s and no way in hell he is giving a running commentary to Duffield or anyone other than Pyke.

FFS - these media donkeys make up sheet to sell viewers and papers and it is taken as “in the know”

I call crap. I know Lloyd Smith who is head of Gerald Daniel’s and no way in hell he is giving a running commentary to Duffield or anyone other than Pyke.

FFS - these media donkeys make up sheet to sell viewers and papers and it is taken as “in the know”
I reckon it’s a deliberate red herring, hence no consistent narrative

Sen sports podcast with Healy and Cornes and some reporter Sam someone saying it is down to 4 and Schofield is not in the 4.
Skipworth, King, Mcqualter and Montgomery

Montgomery and Mcqualter being declared above the other two.
everyone in the media has someone different as the front runner. nobody knows anything i bet it's driving them nuts lmao.

King - McQualter - Skipworth

Skipworth and McQualter interviews this week. King interview after finals.

I wonder whether Schofield withdrew or was told you will not get it.

His resume still kills all the others. Anyway clearly we are going elsewhere with a fresh look. Thats a good thing to.

I wonder whether Schofield withdrew or was told you will not get it.

His resume still kills all the others. Anyway clearly we are going elsewhere with a fresh look. Thats a good thing to.
All I can think is that they want fresh ideas. Schofield's resume beats these guys otherwise.

If it's fresh ideas then I think it's down the to Skipworth or King, as they come from teams with recent success. I'd take Skipworth given his strong background in development.

All I can think is that they want fresh ideas. Schofield's resume beats these guys otherwise.

If it's fresh ideas then I think it's down the to Skipworth or King, as they come from teams with recent success. I'd take Skipworth given his strong background in development.

I don't know enough about any of them to choose. I would say King simply because he has been at Geelong.

I don't know enough about any of them to choose. I would say King simply because he has been at Geelong.

Yeah I'd like King since he's coming from Geelong. But I'm not really fussed with any of the remaining 'candidates'. None will be a high profile hiring, none will be coming in with a messiah complex that Coxy probably would've been coming in with. Unless they completely shit the bed in the first year I'm sure they'll be given time to rejuvenate this list that's starting from close to ground zero.

Get them fit, get them competitive again then build from there.

based purely on vibe my preference is:
1. king - big **** off bloke with cats ip and a solid name
2. mcqualter - cool name (sounds like a detective) and comes with tiges dynasty energy
3. skipworth - funny sounding name with a double chin and looks goofy in photos

Agree with this, and with the strong vibes-based preference method.

My vote was Montgomery for intense steely-eyed but articulate weird unit from the 2004 Port coaching farm, but I've heard he's a bit of a nightmare of a personality who gets shoved out of every club he's at after a few years, so I suspect maybe his standing dropped on the back of that.

based purely on vibe my preference is:
1. king - big **** off bloke with cats ip and a solid name
2. mcqualter - cool name (sounds like a detective) and comes with tiges dynasty energy
3. skipworth - funny sounding name with a double chin and looks goofy in photos
McQualter looks like the guy a girl who is saving herself for marriage would take home to meet the parents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about the accuracy of the media saying that only three candidates remain.

Apparently Schofield has been interviewed. So they only need to interview the other three. I don't think that means that Schofield is out of it yet. Just my opinion.

When Alastair Clarkson was appointed head coach of Hawthorn in 2005, he was not well known to most footy fans. His profiles were:
1. Small midfielder 134 AFL games
2. Won premiership for Port Adelaide as assist coach in 2004
3. MBA degree holder
4. Others... ?

He turned out to be the most successful coach in the last 20 years.

Not sure if any of the WCE potential head coach candidates has similar profile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back