• Lade

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s funny how you attach yourself to certain applicants. I really wanted Schofield to get the job but I understand the club wants a fresh face. But I like King as well.
Don’t dislike the other two but they just don’t do much for me.
We are all different I guess and as long as we get the right one.

I was, and still am, keen to see Schofield get the job as I think he’d do well but maybe a set off fresh eyes is what we need

Not sure if he’s out of the race or just not being mentioned by media who are out of the loop. Hopefully he’s been/being given every opportunity to present his case

I don't like really like the vibe of Skipworth. Seems a bit unsure and not entirely confident in interviews. I can see him struggling through press conferences when we're not doing well.
He probably had no choice, but his defence of Maynard is a bit of an indictment perhaps.

I feel a bit more confident about the way McQualter and King speaks in comparison.

Last edited:
Pyke has announced that he won't be attending the interview person, preferring to stay in his office 15 metres away from the interview room and will be attending via Zoom.
And will be doing the power stance

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m loving that we can complete the coaching appointment process with clean air. Nothing worse than rushing because another club also needs a coach.

It sounds like we have 4 good candidates and the media are trying to speculate as if they know. I liked Robbo’s response on 360 - “every second day day I hear Mr X is the new favourite”

The good news is that we appear to have candidates that are fresh and new. In that way, I am hoping Schofield stays but keen to get in a fresh face

Blur background

Apparently what really happened with Josh Carr in the initial Zoom call is he accidentally changed his avatar to a kitten and didn't know how to change it back and was immediately removed from the candidates list.

Apparently what really happened with Josh Carr in the initial Zoom call is he accidentally changed his avatar to a kitten and didn't know how to change it back and was immediately removed from the candidates list.
Yep, found the footage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adrian Barich

@adrianbarich
·
4m

Hayden Skipworth just arrived in Perth… interview at West Coast today 7news

Agree with Spod above - think we get an announcement on our new coach next week

Was it Hinkley who was assistant at Geelong (I think) and got announced as Ports coach before the Grand Final so watched the game from the stands?

I was quietly confident when we appointed Simpson - he had a great pedigree. I am much less confident this time around with these options. I hope they prove me wrong.

Shame there isnt a reknown gun assistant like Mitchell sitting there.

What pedigree did Simmo have that these guys don't have? Anyone of these might be that gun assistant, Schofield could be that gun just waiting for his chance.

What pedigree did Simmo have that these guys don't have? Anyone of these might be that gun assistant, Schofield could be that gun just waiting for his chance.

He worked under Clarko and with Fagan, Leon Cameron, Beveridge and Bolton, and they built one of the best teams for the past few decades and won multiple premierships. And he was a previously club captain and duel premiership player who commanded respect.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back