• Lade

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He worked under Clarko and with Fagan, Beveridge and Bolton, and they built one of the best teams for the past few decades and won multiple premierships. And he was a previously club captain and duel premiership player who commanded respect.
But apart than that what did he offer?
I hope the interview process with dig into the true value that each applicant brings and decide on the best fit. Personal qualities as well as CV.

But apart than that what did he offer?
I hope the interview process with dig into the true value that each applicant brings and decide on the best fit. Personal qualities as well as CV.

I agree and it will but none of us are there for the interview. I would hope good personal qualities are a given.

I think there was someone out there now that had Simpson's CV we'd be all over him compared to the current options. Anyway, I hope whoever it is proves me wrong.

What pedigree did Simmo have that these guys don't have? Anyone of these might be that gun assistant, Schofield could be that gun just waiting for his chance.
While I can't answer for TOA, Simmo was a premiership player, club champion, club captain and had just won a premiership as an assistant.

Steven King by far the closest to that (premiership player, club champion, club captain, premiership assistant), albeit with a much longer assistant coaching career. He's the stand-out candidate career achievement wise.

I think the fact Simpson worked with (could learn from and bounce ideas off) leading assistants in Bevo, Leon Cameron, Bolton and Fagan would have really helped him along too. That is a great class to be going through with. I think that is underestimated as people often only look at the senior coach someone works under but you learn from everyone around you, and the broader environment too.

It’s Steven King like it or not (I do)

Anna Hay

@AnnaHay1
·
2m

Andrew McQualter has just arrived in Perth to be interviewed by the
@WestCoastEagles
coaching selection panel. More tonight at six.
@7NewsAustralia
@7NewsPerth

Regardless of the CV, I'm sure it's the quality of the pitch that matters most. If someone comes with a lesser CV but a better vision for the team we're building, surely they'll be the one selected.

It's not something we'll be privy to before selection, but hopefully we get a clear picture right away from the successful candidate about what the team will be building towards.

I’ll be happy with any of the remaining options. Obviously the club have completed a comprehensive process so I’m happy to back that in. Much like what Waterman said in the Dyl podcast, I’m just glad and excited we can move forward with this piece of the rebuild puzzle in place and the players can get to work.

This offseason certainly feels like we are turning over a new leaf, can’t wait for the trade and draft period for whatever it brings.

While I can't answer for TOA, Simmo was a premiership player, club champion, club captain and had just won a premiership as an assistant.

Steven King by far the closest to that (premiership player, club champion, club captain, premiership assistant), albeit with a much longer assistant coaching career. He's the stand-out candidate career achievement wise.

I am not sure their playing careers matter a whole lot. Maybe they do?
How does Schofields resume sit next to them?

Anna Hay

@AnnaHay1
·
2m

Nathan Bock and Jack Gunston have just arrived in Perth to be interviewed by the
@WestCoastEagles
@7NewsAustralia
@7NewsPerth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure their playing careers matter a whole lot. Maybe they do?
How does Schofields resume sit next to them?
Premiership player with Port. Successful WAFL coaching career. AFL assistant coaching career a mixed bag.

I think the playing career can reflect leadership qualities and that's about it. Presentation will carry the most weight in the process you'd think. If we can get a good motivator with high level tactical and communication skills we've nailed the brief.

55hEKkAb_normal.jpg

Anna Hay

@AnnaHay1
·
2m

Ken Hinkley have just logged on to Zoom to be interviewed by the
westcoasteagles
@7NewsAustralia
@7NewsPerth

Literally of-****ing-course they do.

I agree with what someone said earlier. A few of the candidates are chubby with no distinguishable chin. I don't think I can trust a person like this. We need to judge coaching credentials mainly on physical traits. Who wants to watch some soft, beta Ross-Lyon clone get Dorito crumbs all over the desk during press conferences? Let's be real.

I agree with what someone said earlier. A few of the candidates are chubby with no distinguishable chin. I don't think I can trust a person like this. We need to judge coaching credentials mainly on physical traits. Who wants to watch some soft, beta Ross-Lyon clone get Dorito crumbs all over the desk during press conferences? Let's be real.
So we should poach Kingsley or Voss for ultimate shred?

So we should poach Kingsley or Voss for ultimate shred?
Rhys Mathieson for senior coach

48f55007cc0df1321942a3c4cc2c4233

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back