• Lade

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 25 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

While I can't answer for TOA, Simmo was a premiership player, club champion, club captain and had just won a premiership as an assistant.

Steven King by far the closest to that (premiership player, club champion, club captain, premiership assistant), albeit with a much longer assistant coaching career. He's the stand-out candidate career achievement wise.
Schofield is a premiership player, coached his own team to multiple premierships (Subi) but hasn't been a premiership assistant. I think that's a pretty good resume as well.

Schofield is a premiership player, coached his own team to multiple premierships (Subi) but hasn't been a premiership assistant. I think that's a pretty good resume as well.
I like Schofield, I hope he gets a head coach job somewhere. But I don't think it's with us, we need a complete fresh start and a coach who hasn't been around the club before.

McQualter for no other reason that he seems to be capable of handling the media with a good sense of humour and cheekiness also .

Schofield has them covered though .

McQualter will be picked as Eagles coach though and will be a good fit capable being head coach .

I agree with what someone said earlier. A few of the candidates are chubby with no distinguishable chin. I don't think I can trust a person like this. We need to judge coaching credentials mainly on physical traits. Who wants to watch some soft, beta Ross-Lyon clone get Dorito crumbs all over the desk during press conferences? Let's be real.
scott.gif

I agree with what someone said earlier. A few of the candidates are chubby with no distinguishable chin. I don't think I can trust a person like this. We need to judge coaching credentials mainly on physical traits. Who wants to watch some soft, beta Ross-Lyon clone get Dorito crumbs all over the desk during press conferences? Let's be real.
I feel the same with flabby unfit coaches. It's a sort of contradiction when you're running a sports team, something about a lack of self control or discipline - but it doesn't hold water of course, there's plenty of flabby coaches out there who are great at their craft.

I thought King had that steely resolve thing going on (Woosha), he came highly recommended by Scott for what that's worth.
I read somewhere one of the other two was very adept at the new tactics/modern game.
Otherwise Schofield is steely, fit, has a good resume, dumped Darling, made some changes in a short time, and has tatts that really annoy Caroline Wilson (that's gotta be a good thang!)

Last edited:
I just do not get the love so many in this thread seem to have for Schofield.

Not the best resume, not the best interim coaching performance, not the hottest.
He appeals to the older generation that seem to think all our problems will be resolved if we have an angry coach that yells at the players.

The typical "back in my day" types.

He appeals to the older generation that seem to think all our problems will be resolved if we have an angry coach that yells at the players.

The typical "back in my day" types.
Yes but I assumed the tattoos would cancel that out for those types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I am way to Old School .... BUT ...... under my watch neither of those coming into town for a face to face meeting, of such importance, would EVER have been left to catch a Cab from the airport.

Thats something that I don't like, one little bit.

Sorry I will call that as I see it.

FFS.

Poor Form, West Coast.

I just do not get the love so many in this thread seem to have for Schofield.

Not the best resume, not the best interim coaching performance, not the hottest.
I think your being unfair about his interim coaching, he did a fantastic job. However I'm not convinced about the WAFL coaching Subiaco at the time were winning one gf roughly every three years because of the Subiaco oval cash.

I think your being unfair about his interim coaching, he did a fantastic job. However I'm not convinced about the WAFL coaching Subiaco at the time were winning one gf roughly every three years because of the Subiaco oval cash.
McQualter and King's interim stints are far better imo.

McQualter went 7-6 with a team Hardwick had 3-1-6, and King beat 2 finalists when he took over GC.

Lets be honest here, that is a shit list of potential coaches. I remember when we could get almost anyone we wanted, times have changed and I say just give Schoey 2 years.

It was a joke about Schofield and his tatts ffs.
He'd make a good primary assistant coach, but if there's to be a new coach, he'll no doubt choose his own men.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back