Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair dinkum i can't believe you PLEBS don't know who Stevie Wright is, apart from his AFL days hes coached at TAC cup level and Applied for a recent VFL job he would be in his late 40's so a non playing coach he's a blood nut from way back.That Is All
I certainly disagree with the Patrician Enemy that there is an Ancient Roman class system inherent in BigFooty. If there is though, I shotgun being Emporer. Haha, Plebs. :p

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur. :D

The SFL webiste have just posted a link that shows the appointed coaches for 2008. The interesting one is Clayton where it shows that George 'Ian Turpie' Jones has been appointed for 2008. I though darren hulme was sign,sealed and delivered for the job. Can anyone shed some light on this?

The SFL webiste have just posted a link that shows the appointed coaches for 2008. The interesting one is Clayton where it shows that George 'Ian Turpie' Jones has been appointed for 2008. I though darren hulme was sign,sealed and delivered for the job. Can anyone shed some light on this?
You must have a different web page to mine as mine says D Hulme.That Is All

The committee of Black Rock is proud to announce the new appointment of Chris Moore as senior coach; Chris brings a very successful record over many seasons as senior coach. As well as developing an under 19's side from scratch. Chris has had successful stints at VAFA level with Oakleigh AFC and also with Moorabbin winning a premiership in the late 90’s.

We also welcome Doug McKenzie as his playing assistant, Doug brings a wealth of playing ability along with a desire to lead the club to a successful future. Both are very keen to get into the pre season as the Rockers head into Div 2...
Good luck to both new recruits for their future down at The Rock.
We be holding a "Meet the coach" day sunday 11th Nov @ Doyles Hotel from 1pm, all players are to attend to meet the new boys on the rock..
Stay tuned for pre-season training details...

2008, 100th Season of Black Rock FC

The committee of Black Rock is proud to announce the new appointment of Chris Moore as senior coach; Chris brings a very successful record over many seasons as senior coach. As well as developing an under 19's side from scratch. Chris has had successful stints at VAFA level with Oakleigh AFC and also with Moorabbin winning a premiership in the late 90’s.

We also welcome Doug McKenzie as his playing assistant, Doug brings a wealth of playing ability along with a desire to lead the club to a successful future. Both are very keen to get into the pre season as the Rockers head into Div 2...
Good luck to both new recruits for their future down at The Rock.
We be holding a "Meet the coach" day sunday 11th Nov @ Doyles Hotel from 1pm, all players are to attend to meet the new boys on the rock..
Stay tuned for pre-season training details...

2008, 100th Season of Black Rock FC

Great pick up for the Rockers.. I played against McKenzie the year Oakleigh won the flag in the Ammos. Quality player that will dominate in the SFL. If he can bring a few blokes with him I don't see why the Rockers can't stay up this time. Any chance of getting players like Bromley or Ritter with him?

Fair dinkum i can't believe you PLEBS don't know who Stevie Wright is, apart from his AFL days hes coached at TAC cup level and Applied for a recent VFL job he would be in his late 40's so a non playing coach he's a blood nut from way back.That Is All

stevie wright coached at my old club caulfield grammarians ast couple of years by all reports he wasnt much chop. Rumour has it phil bayliss is coaching some crap club in the old diamond valley league. First post for a few months so let me know.

stevie wright coached at my old club caulfield grammarians ast couple of years by all reports he wasnt much chop. Rumour has it phil bayliss is coaching some crap club in the old diamond valley league. First post for a few months so let me know.
Now Mr GKW if you came to meetings....hehehehe the little bald man is coaching West Heildelberg. :D

Great pick up for the Rockers.. I played against McKenzie the year Oakleigh won the flag in the Ammos. Quality player that will dominate in the SFL. If he can bring a few blokes with him I don't see why the Rockers can't stay up this time. Any chance of getting players like Bromley or Ritter with him?

Yeah good player and will kick plenty of goals, some good appointments from the rockers.

Yes they are very good pick up's I feel. They really want to put in a good structure around the place to develop some young long term talent. As to Doug, I believe he won the league goal kicking playing mostly off a forward flank so he will be very handy.

As to other players, that is up to the coaches.

Yes they are very good pick up's I feel. They really want to put in a good structure around the place to develop some young long term talent. As to Doug, I believe he won the league goal kicking playing mostly off a forward flank so he will be very handy.

As to other players, that is up to the coaches.
Where does this leave Challo ?Just a player or will you have 2 Assistants?
Heard also that Douggie is a gun i guess you have made the right move as you needed to get some real quality to be a contender for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the cup with Highetts "money men" and they tell me that Stevie is one of the best pick ups in the SFL this year, he will be bring his son along and a number of players.
Also Brett Voss has told Highett that he didn't want a coaching job but wants to play, he'll let the club know on Nov 15th after seeing the clubs plan.

Moore, good luck with him. McKenzie was a good player in D2 ammos in 2001 when he was about 15 kgs lighter, oh and yes i could see heaps of blokes going from Oakleigh CRUSHERS after winning 2 flags in a row. Moore, good luck with him. Forgot to mention that he stopped playing because his knees are gone. Moore, good luck with him.

Moore, good luck with him. McKenzie was a good player in D2 ammos in 2001 when he was about 15 kgs lighter, oh and yes i could see heaps of blokes going from Oakleigh CRUSHERS after winning 2 flags in a row. Moore, good luck with him. Forgot to mention that he stopped playing because his knees are gone. Moore, good luck with him.

It is an interesting selection, but good luck to them i spose, Black Rock need to prove to themselves that they can stay up a div after doing all the hard work this year

I think you will find that moore is non-playing.

I'm pretty sure Moore is a 45 year old Senior coach. and has a fair few premierships under his belt. Good pick up for the rockers. MacKenzie will dominate 2nd division southern. I played against MacKenzie when he booted 11 goals in 2006, he's a gun. Great pick up, will be very competitive this year

do blackrock know what they are in for? Chris Moore back to the coaching fold hey. I never thought id see the day. I wonder if he has settled down in his older years because this guy makes crazy john seem sane. Using bricks for weights and barefooted lane work with wet footys are comin your way.

Pretty sure mckenzie was the sweetener. Top player and top bloke too. Will dominate sfl.

As for other krushers notice the k - no chance

when i say not much chop, the boys reckon he went way to soft on them. ill have to see for my self;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back