Coaching Interviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Zapp

Senior List
Aug 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was watching Footy Classified last night...

Garry Lyon is obviously a part of the interviews going on at the moment (4 today I believe). He said he hasn't interviewed anyone ever before when asked a question about how he would approach it with CC. This is odd, because apparently Sheedy has already been interviewed last week, suggesting this happened without Lyon's involvement. Surely the 5 interviews need to be conducted consistently with the same people/panel?

Worse, weeks back on the Footy Show, Garry Lyon said he "would not" interview CC, due to the 'conflict of interest' situation. And now he is interviewing him.

With a non-consistent interview panel, surely this complicates the decision making process?

How about the fact that Craig Cameron was part of the initial process but now Schwab is part of it. There was always going to be some inconsistency, you can't ask the same set of questions to everybody, and some panel members will be more influenced by some candidates, hopefully they have put in place a good enough process to get the best man for the job.

The only way I could possibly tolerate Connolly is if he gets the footy operations manager role. That way he is virtually behind the scenes, can promote the club all he likes and not have to subject our players to his brilliant football mind.

gary lyon should have interviewed conolly...even though they are friends, he goes about his work in a very proffesional manner and i believe without a doubt that he would take on the pannel role very successfully and now look, dean bailer is coach after all, the best man won

gary lyon should have interviewed conolly...even though they are friends, he goes about his work in a very proffesional manner and i believe without a doubt that he would take on the pannel role very successfully and now look, dean bailer is coach after all, the best man won

Well it's a wait and see kind of thing, they picked the best man THEY think will do the best job and I agree with it.

I tend to agree with it too, hope he can inspire our supporters to get on board and show some passion though. Or that a Sheedy/Connoly can be involved somehow and do that ?

Just watching Danny Frawley interview Mark Riley and I have to say the Bomber handles himself very well in the media. I also think the club needs to do everything they can to keep Bomber on next year as an Assistant Coach as I think having been a Head Coach for a number of weeks will do nothing but help him further his coaching ability. Also would be handy to have someone like Bomber who has been there a long time knows about the players and the way the play would benefit Dean Bailey greatly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Interviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Back