Coaching positions for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Grandstand Guru said:
Can anyone from OM's confirm Dean Rice has not been re-appointed (and has moved to Mulgrave) and that Russell Morris (ex Saint/Hawk) is the new senior coach?

Not sure if he has been appointed, but is certainly in the mix.
Rice is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JG Hornet said:
Russell Morris coaching A Section?

Bring it on. Didn't he run around in the Ammos many moons ago and give it away after a few weeks because "blokes kept belting me".

Interesting stuff

The Fly went and played for Old Camberwell.

The "Hart Foundation" from SKOB's thought they would show their true colours and try to fix the Fly up.

Ammos were none to please and suspensions followed.

Ammos then initiated the "intimitation rule", stating that a player must not stand face to face to his opponent, especially when the ball is at the other end of the ground.

Any news on what is going down at SKOB who is coaching there firsts and seconds do they have anyone ? or will it all be left to just before the season before they do anything

DAVID ALLDAY said:
Any news on what is going down at SKOB who is coaching there firsts and seconds do they have anyone ? or will it all be left to just before the season before they do anything

Mick Duggan is senior coach, ably assisted by ex Blue and Saint Ian Aitken.
Ressies will be John Le Grand again.
Paul Greenham has been appointed captain/coach of Prahran, me thinks the Two Blues haven't appointed him for his vast coaching experience, they will be happy to have recruited a gun player...at what cost?
icon10.gif

bob down said:
Mick Duggan is senior coach, ably assisted by ex Blue and Saint Ian Aitken.
Ressies will be John Le Grand again.
Paul Greenham has been appointed captain/coach of Prahran, me thinks the Two Blues haven't appointed him for his vast coaching experience, they will be happy to have recruited a gun player...at what cost?
icon10.gif

Bob they have had a playing coach their for the past 3 years anyway. They have never shied away from giving incentives to their players.

oldtimer said:
Bob they have had a playing coach their for the past 3 years anyway. They have never shied away from giving incentives to their players.

Yes, true. I remember the VAFA appointing Tom Brain two years ago to investigate alleged 'incentives' to players out of their Chapel St pokies venue, not much happened surpisingly.

bob down said:
Yes, true. I remember the VAFA appointing Tom Brain two years ago to investigate alleged 'incentives' to players out of their Chapel St pokies venue, not much happened surpisingly.

I was aware that Tommy Brain was the football manager at Prahran for many years. Surely this wasn't an independant investigation.

If you keep getting relegated and you pay your players, you'd probably want to sack your recruiting man...'eh Bob...?

Benny MOF said:
I was aware that Tommy Brain was the football manager at Prahran for many years. Surely this wasn't an independant investigation.

If you keep getting relegated and you pay your players, you'd probably want to sack your recruiting man...'eh Bob...?

Yeah Benny, where you been hiding?

oldtimer said:

Prahran did have a playing coach for the last 3 years and every cent that would have been paid to a non-playing coach was spent on facilities for the coaching and football departments.
Any players that have worked at the Tabaret have also only received payment for the hours they have worked at the venue.
If it is an incentive to find a job for a player, then I think you could safely say that 60+ clubs in the comp are guilty of that.
And as for the comment about keep getting relegated... once in the last ten years is hardly an issue.

and by the way Greenham hasn't been appointed yet so you might want to check your mail.

can't mark can't kick said:
Prahran did have a playing coach for the last 3 years and every cent that would have been paid to a non-playing coach was spent on facilities for the coaching and football departments.
Any players that have worked at the Tabaret have also only received payment for the hours they have worked at the venue.
If it is an incentive to find a job for a player, then I think you could safely say that 60+ clubs in the comp are guilty of that.
And as for the comment about keep getting relegated... once in the last ten years is hardly an issue.

and by the way Greenham hasn't been appointed yet so you might want to check your mail.

Bevan must work at Taberet then!!!!

oldtimer said:
Bevan must work at Taberet then!!!!

Beven had a job through a club sponsor before he went o/seas.
since he returned he has been working elsewhere.

he has not been paid by the club or received any illicit payments or incentives to play for Prahran.

Dean Rice is coaching Mulgrave in the EFL division 2 competition.

Will be interesting to see how he goes after a stint at OM. Has a big job ahead of him as Mulgrave have been struggling in recent years and only just avoided relegation in 2006.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beven had a job through a club sponsor before he went o/seas.
since he returned he has been working elsewhere.

he has not been paid by the club or received any illicit payments or incentives to play for Prahran.

Of course he hasn't that is why he gave up substanial money at Northcote Park to play D1 Ammos.

oldtimer said:
Of course he hasn't that is why he gave up substanial money at Northcote Park to play D1 Ammos.

he actually came to Prahran because he was sharing a house with 3 guys who were already at the club.
but you wouldn't understand any motive that wasn't related to $$$$

btw.... Pul Greenham has now been appointed coach of Prahran
(after all this thread is about coaching positions for 2007!!!)

Originally Posted by can't mark can't kick
and by the way Greenham hasn't been appointed yet so you might want to check your mail.[/quote]

Maybe you need to get in touch with the powers that be at your club you tool. Obviously you arent the power broker you thought you were at the Two Blues otherwise you wouldnt have made the above comment...
Anything you now post on this forum will have no credibility.

he actually came to Prahran because he was sharing a house with 3 guys who were already at the club.
but you wouldn't understand any motive that wasn't related to $$$$

btw.... Pul Greenham has now been appointed coach of Prahran
(after all this thread is about coaching positions for 2007!!!)

Whats Greenhams coaching background? zero I think you will find. The Two Blues are basically paying him 15K to play for their poor excuse of a club...

Whats Greenhams coaching background? zero I think you will find. The Two Blues are basically paying him 15K to play for their poor excuse of a club...

15K for a coach in D1 you are a bigger tool than Benny MOF.
I'd love to know where you're getting all this reliable info

as for the post about him not having been appointed, he hadn't when I made that post and considering which one of us was at the meeting when he was appointed I think I know who knows the facts.

15K for a coach in D1 you are a bigger tool than Benny MOF.
I'd love to know where you're getting all this reliable info

as for the post about him not having been appointed, he hadn't when I made that post and considering which one of us was at the meeting when he was appointed I think I know who knows the facts.

Okay, considering I know who was at the meeting, it narrows the field to your identity. Even more considering Tapps wouldnt carry on like you do. You are out of the loop at the Blues as Greeny was appointed a week before you knew.
Also, why was he appointed? We all know he has never coached, you guys bought yourself a gun player, and you know it. I feel sorry for Paul, although I hope he does well because he is a good fella and wants to be a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching positions for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back