Coach Coaching Structure 2025 – McQualter and Stafford Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you West Coast. Similar to Richmond and Yze I think he will be their rebuild coach to absorb all the pressure/blame/criticism then get sacked in a couple of years for someone better

So is there any talent out there to be poached for our forward and midfield coaching, or will we be picking through scraps?

Hmm, forward line coach for port, whose forward line is slightly less dysfunctional than ours.

At least he's another Goodwin pick so Goodwin can't hide behind him when our ball movement and forward efficiency remain bottom of the league

I met Nadia Bartel's ghost writer on a night out and she had some funny Jimmy Bartel goss. Thanks for white knighting Jim though!
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Jimmy was good mates with my brother in law, he's a pretty interesting dude is all I'll say (brother in law, that is).

Hmm, forward line coach for port, whose forward line is slightly less dysfunctional than ours.

At least he's another Goodwin pick so Goodwin can't hide behind him when our ball movement and forward efficiency remain bottom of the league
Was their forwardline that bad while he was there? He left last year. I've always thought of Port as a pretty decent team on the scoreboard.

Was their forwardline that bad while he was there? He left last year. I've always thought of Port as a pretty decent team on the scoreboard.
Certainly wasn't working with much last year – a broken Dixon, no Georgiades and they were the third highest scoring team in the league. Obviously not that simple, but hardly had a disatrous year up forward.

yeah you're right, I thought he was still there this year when they've been a bit more inefficient. Port have had trouble putting up decent scores in finals in the last 5 years (highest score 86), but that's probably more of a Ken/overall team problem.

So he might be decent, unfortunately for Bassett he's still got to work in Goodwin's system

yeah you're right, I thought he was still there this year when they've been a bit more inefficient. Port have had trouble putting up decent scores in finals in the last 5 years (highest score 86), but that's probably more of a Ken/overall team problem.

So he might be decent, unfortunately for Bassett he's still got to work in Goodwin's system
Assistants are always hard to gauge. If Goodwin's open to new ideas it could solve some of our issues. If he just wants them to coach his method then nothing will change.

Mini out is a pro, not only did our midfield become completely inept I also couldn't see him challenging a bloke like Goody. Hopefully Chaplin is next (but he won't be).

Trouble is it looks like we're going to replace him with Goody's mates, so, con. I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Hardwick had the full assistant clear out in 2016, went on to the start of a dynasty by winning in 2017. Won't happen to us but I'll dream about it nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coaching Structure 2025 – McQualter and Stafford Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back