Coach Coaching Structure 2025 – McQualter and Stafford Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really fussed by this. He'd be taking the spot Sloane left open so it's obviously a more junior role. No idea if he'll make a decent coach in the long run but everyone's gotta start somewhere. You'd just hope we also have a more senior assistant coming in with him.

One of the big issues for me is that he has no experience in other environments / clubs.

Has basically gone Demons > Channel 7 > Demons.

Most coaches would gain exposure in other clubs / environments to bring learnings back. He has genuinely just left the Dees and come back.

What learnings from other environments is he going to bring? Learnings he has taken from Richo, BT and the gang?

Would much rather we look at someone like Daisy Pearce who has least got some exposure in the system out at Geelong ect.

Not really fussed by this. He'd be taking the spot Sloane left open so it's obviously a more junior role. No idea if he'll make a decent coach in the long run but everyone's gotta start somewhere. You'd just hope we also have a more senior assistant coming in with him.
He's coming in as midfield coach if he gets the gig. I'm not sold on that, but you never know.

They've split the strategy role though, so that will be a separate person now.

He's coming in as midfield coach if he gets the gig. I'm not sold on that, but you never know.

They've split the strategy role though, so that will be a separate person now.

Nothing like a contested beast who can dump a long bomb inside 50 to be coaching our midfield group.

You just already know what our game plan will be in 2025 with us bringing in Jones.

Nothing like a contested beast who can dump a long bomb inside 50 to be coaching our midfield group.

You just already know what our game plan will be in 2025 with us bringing in Jones.

Bit unfair there I reckon mate - no idea if he'll be any good as a coach but he seriously improved his ball use later in his career. Honestly have never seen a player improve their disposal and composure so much since they joined the league like he did.

Can't melt about this until we see what impact he might be having. He hasn't even taken up the role yet lol. Like I said, most want Goody sacked anyway so who cares who we bring in as assistant coaches.

“Chunk” is one of the worst people I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting. You’ll hear this from multiple sources if you dig hard enough too. Will treat anyone other than the players and big wigs at the club like absolute shit. Have fun with him coming back and rallying the troops..

Elaborate further on said meeting.

Would be revealing too much. Just know how he appears to the media couldn’t be further from how he actually is in person. Especially to people that he deems aren’t important to him

So you post here with unsubstantiated claims and when asked to elaborate it is considered as revealing too much?

I’m not fan of Jones coming in but surely this is a piss take.

Probably about as generic a celebrity encounter story as you could get. I did get a laugh at the idea that a bogan from frankston like Jones turned into an elitist snob though.

Not sure about Jones returning but surely you understand coaches don't necessarily mirror their playing styles?

Dimma was a hard nosed defender. Was an attacking coach. Same with Sheedy, Bevo, Clarko etc. Fly Macrae too.

So yeah, he might be a shit addition but that's nothing to do with his ability to hit a target by foot as a player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably about as generic a celebrity encounter story as you could get. I did get a laugh at the idea that a bogan from frankston like Jones turned into an elitist snob though.
He's not from Frankston, I am though and Jones was a snob when I met him. Doubt he'll fail as a coach by being a campaigner to the general public though. He'll probably fail by being an uncritical yes man, which is probably why he was hired.

He's not from Frankston, I am though and Jones was a snob when I met him. Doubt he'll fail as a coach by being a campaigner to the general public though. He'll probably fail by being an uncritical yes man, which is probably why he was hired.
I've had several.chats to Jonesy. Always up for a chat. Seems like a ripping bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coaching Structure 2025 – McQualter and Stafford Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back