Coach Coaching Structure 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying you're wrong but I find that hard to believe - when Cerra was available we didn't have Grundy and Brayshaw/Oliver had 1 and 2 years remaining on their current deals.
Don't know the details of what exactly made it that way, just what I was told by a mate who has given me mostly good intel in the past.

Reckon McQualter might be one and done, heard some goss that at least one prominent mid isn’t a fan at all. Also heard Trac is genuinely pissed at some of the clubs staff but not sure if Goody or high performance or both.

Reckon McQualter might be one and done, heard some goss that at least one prominent mid isn’t a fan at all. Also heard Trac is genuinely pissed at some of the clubs staff but not sure if Goody or high performance or both.
McQualter has made our midfield worse. If Goody stays(which I think he will unfortunately) the whole assistant coach group seriously needs rebuilding. Stafford and McQualter first out the door

McQualter has made our midfield worse. If Goody stays(which I think he will unfortunately) the whole assistant coach group seriously needs rebuilding. Stafford and McQualter first out the door

It's hard to know how much to put on McQualter - IMO the midfield is struggling because of the overall change in game style and surely that's something Goodwin is either the director of or gets the final say on? Would be an almost impossible task to have your boss say "Hey we have these contested, clearance mids who are terrible kicks. They're going to all be either playing sore or without any preseason, but I want you to make sure they now play as quick running, precise kicking, outside mids who attack on the rebound instead of by clearance."

McQualter could still be no good of course, but geez you can't completely change a midfield like that, with no change in personnel, in a few months.

Stafford and Choco the first to go for mine. Then we need to have a look at Richo because selection and management of players has been a massive fail the last 3 years.

It's hard to know how much to put on McQualter - IMO the midfield is struggling because of the overall change in game style and surely that's something Goodwin is either the director of or gets the final say on? Would be an almost impossible task to have your boss say "Hey we have these contested, clearance mids who are terrible kicks. They're going to all be either playing sore or without any preseason, but I want you to make sure they now play as quick running, precise kicking, outside mids who attack on the rebound instead of by clearance."

McQualter could still be no good of course, but geez you can't completely change a midfield like that, with no change in personnel, in a few months.

Stafford and Choco the first to go for mine. Then we need to have a look at Richo because selection and management of players has been a massive fail the last 3 years.
The only coach I have any confidence in, is Chaplin. Rest can go as far as I'm concerned..forwardline is a constant mess. Midfield getting smashed every week now bizarre selections. Poor skills. Lack of improvement. Gameplan complete dogs***. The defence is the only thing keeping the place from falling off a cliff.

The only coach I have any confidence in, is Chaplin. Rest can go as far as I'm concerned..forwardline is a constant mess. Midfield getting smashed every week now bizarre selections. Poor skills. Lack of improvement. Gameplan complete dogs***. The defence is the only thing keeping the place from falling off a cliff.

Yep, agree on that. Have a terrible feeling we could lose him this year too. Wouldn't be shocked to see him either leave for some different experience or get a more senior opportunity. Seems to be highly rated around the comp.

he's still there because we thought we already had everything in place and we didnt need to improve at all to win 4 flags. In other words he's still there (amongst others) because of a staggering amount of complacency.
yeah, that 'poisonous' "Word"... Dynasty.!

Guaranteed to bring the Dees down, every-time.

This is the thing that annoys me the most. We haven't improved the list or coaching staff since the flag. We haven't tried to. Clearly issues front of centre and also decent kicks in the midfield, yet totally ignored it. Haven't tried to chase a gun at any stage. Tigers after a flag got Lynch!! We got Schache!! Complacent big time.
Who did the cats get after their last 2 flags.?

Were thy busy and aggressive, bringing in real talent.?

sorry CD, I don't agree. I sense that we are trying to move the ball quicker thru7 midfield, but it almost goes against our defend and play defensively at all times.

betwixt and between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had more under 22s than Norf on the weekend. We're at least getting games into kids. We need to have a bold trade and draft plan next 2 years.
Nuke the coaching structure. Or everyone, or fold I guess.

Nuke the coaching structure. Or everyone, or fold I guess.
Yeah i was surprised by how many young kids we had out there. Norf clearly have the higher quality youth, but we are at least playing our kids to see what they have. Most are standing up ok. A good couple of trade and draft periods and a new coaching group could see a positive turnaround. We have some good potential attacking pieces in Riv, Koz, Windsor, McVee, Bowey, Tholstrup, JVR. Trac, Fritta and Lever have still got plenty in the tank. Probably need an attacking running defender and dangerous mids/high forwards. Clearly need a decent tall target in the F50 too, but other priorities needed more IMO.

I'd like to suggest that I take over as head coach. I think I could definitely get a better result than what Goodwin is managing at the moment. I also promise to make changes to the game plan during the game if something is clearly not working.

Also I'd like to promise we will no longer just always bomb it long and hope that the ball goes through the sticks somehow.

I'd like to suggest that I take over as head coach. I think I could definitely get a better result than what Goodwin is managing at the moment. I also promise to make changes to the game plan during the game if something is clearly not working.

Also I'd like to promise we will no longer just always bomb it long and hope that the ball goes through the sticks somehow.

OK. You're hired.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Remove this Banner Ad

Back