Coach Coaching Structure 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet if you rang Simmo and said he's welcome to start in our coaches box this weekend just to stick it up Pikey and the Eagles he'd take the job.

Things will start to happen now around the comp given assistants have to know by August whether they're being kept on. Jimmy worth a look for some kind of role for us?

Things will start to happen now around the comp given assistants have to know by August whether they're being kept on. Jimmy worth a look for some kind of role for us?

a lot of speculation already that he's heading the crows

Probably just goes where the highest bidder is.
Thought the move to Adelaide was about going home though. It was forecasted nearly a year in advance.

I doubt there would be much difference in the offers he gets with the soft cap anyway.

Thought the move to Adelaide was about going home though. It was forecasted nearly a year in advance.

I doubt there would be much difference in the offers he gets with the soft cap anyway.

Soft cap means nothing to clubs like Carlton. They just pay the tax, they can afford it.

Soft cap means nothing to clubs like Carlton. They just pay the tax, they can afford it.
Adelaide are hardly a poor club though.

Burgess has gone Liverpool->Port->Arsenal->Us->Adelaide, never stayed longer than 5 years anywhere and is now apparently looking elsewhere again. Think he just can't sit still. More power to him whatever his motivations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide are hardly a poor club though.

Burgess has gone Liverpool->Port->Arsenal->Us->Adelaide, never stayed longer than 5 years anywhere and is now apparently looking elsewhere again. Think he just can't sit still. More power to him whatever his motivations.

True, but if the media are saying 'linked to a move to Victoria' it sounds like there's a reason for that either outside of money, or he's been hunted with big cash by a Vic club.

Players use this excuse all the time and the proof is in the pudding now with him wanting to come back to Victoria.. I think he was offered a lot, probably some brown paper bag outside the soft cap.

Players use this excuse all the time and the proof is in the pudding now with him wanting to come back to Victoria.. I think he was offered a lot, probably some brown paper bag outside the soft cap.
I think Twomey is just speculating that he'll Carlton will suit him as there's a job vacancy. Not really concrete that Burgess has been offered a role.

I think Twomey is just speculating that he'll Carlton will suit him as there's a job vacancy. Not really concrete that Burgess has been offered a role.
If there is a club who knows all about the brown paper bags Burgo loves its Carlton. :)

True, but if the media are saying 'linked to a move to Victoria' it sounds like there's a reason for that either outside of money, or he's been hunted with big cash by a Vic club.

Could also be Adelaide are preparing to jettison Nicks and aren't offering off-field staff extensions for the time being. Tweet says he's contracted with Adelaide though so idk.

If there is a club who knows all about the brown paper bags Burgo loves its Carlton. :)
First day of pre-season training exercise just carrying duffel bags to his car?

Yeah I thought Burgess had to move back to Adelaide for family. Weird if he comes back to Victoria again.

Jimmy Bartel had to move out of Victoria because he was sleeping with a bikie's misso. Wonder if he comes back here or goes to another state again.

Yeah I thought Burgess had to move back to Adelaide for family. Weird if he comes back to Victoria again.

Jimmy Bartel had to move out of Victoria because he was sleeping with a bikie's misso. Wonder if he comes back here or goes to another state again.
He's on a stack of Melbourne filmed tv shows and is sponsored by a Victorian car company but sure he's hiding in NSW 😂 you're a freak mate.

This thread is funny in its name. We don't have a structure clearly. We have one good coach (Chaplin) and a bunch of other nobody's that follow master chief Incompetent. The structure is that this bloke won a flag, surrounded himself with yes men, and has nfi how to get there again.

This thread is funny in its name. We don't have a structure clearly. We have one good coach (Chaplin) and a bunch of other nobody's that follow master chief Incompetent. The structure is that this bloke won a flag, surrounded himself with yes men, and has nfi how to get there again.
Meh I did a search and heaps of people were having a go at Chaplin years ago and saying he was a crap coach. People have no idea. If Chaplin was forward coach and Stafford was back coach it'd be the exact same results. Our game style dictates what the line coaches do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coaching Structure 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back