Coaching suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

To not be such a blunt **** I will add more detail to my post. Essendon have a good list but not good enough list. They have however what is an exceptional gameplan. People need to realise how badly they were rated at the start of the year. We need to adopt a similar fast-flowing risk taking gameplan too. Knights is a good coach, but Hardwick was better to realise Essendon will just peak Adelaide style and never win a flag and just be a good side in the future.
Worth noting who Essendon have beaten this season - nobody. They might be the best of a bunch of ordinary teams. I don't think they're underrated. Most times they're overrated due to the media's desire to sell papers.
I find the business of who can and can't coach hilarious. It wasn't that long ago that John Longmire was the "obvious, next most likely, can't believe he hasn't got a senior post yet" bloke. Presume he has the same ability now that he had then but the Swans haven't won a flag for a few years so that's that then is it? Don't mention The Horse. Weird.

what about who do you want to coach our club next year?

just want to hear your thoughts
experienced coach such as a mark williams, leigh matthews, sheeds or untried coach such as bucks hardwick etc.

Re: what about who do you want to coach our club next year?

just want to hear your thoughts
experienced coach such as a mark williams, leigh matthews, sheeds or untried coach such as bucks hardwick etc.

Leigh Matthews first as he has the runs on the board in taking medicore clubs to grand finals. If not him then Hardwick. Has been around success and has a good brain.

I want a bloke with balls who yells and screams at players that let him down.:)

Hardwick. Has working in many different teams with have winning ways. Essendon (2000), Port (2004) and Hawthorn (2008). He was apprently one of the best coaches at Hawthorn in way that he helped develop the younger players.

Hardwick. Has working in many different teams with have winning ways. Essendon (2000), Port (2004) and Hawthorn (2008). He was apprently one of the best coaches at Hawthorn in way that he helped develop the younger players.

Accepted, Accepted!

Get Damien Hardwick. If we had our smarts we, as the forerunner of searching for 2010 coaches at the moment, would already be poking the relative people who would be keen to coach in 2010. We should be talking to Hardwick now.

Campbell, get out of here, untried, billows from our filthy culture and was a selfish person. No way he should even be considered to coach as caretaker or beyond in 2010. hasn't been an assistant for more than 10 minutes and thinks he can coach the greatest club in the AFL? Don't think so chump. I'll puke if he does.

But we should be on the front foot now. Ask the coaches who are still employed by other clubs, get out there and promote the opportunity.

Get Hardwick. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
If not Hardwick, Get Williams, :thumbsu::thumbsu:
If not, get Hinkley. :thumbsu:
Piss Off Campbell :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the hunt now on for a replacement can we post all coaching suggestions in this thread from now on. All new coaching suggestion threads will be merged into here so don't complain if you make a thread and this happens.

I think the boys should coach themselves. Bowden could teach tackling,McMahon could instruct on the sublte joys of sheparding and Nathan Brown can, well.... teach the youngsters the finer points of fake tan now that Terry has taken his solarium and gone home,er I mean possibly to a new club. Only joking, I think we should get Bruce Monteith, our last true legend. (If you don't count Mike Patterson and Richard Lounder)

I pulled this from the other thread as the post at the top seemed to suggest this was the main thread for coaching stuff:

NEXT TIGER COACH

$3.30 Wayne Campbell

$5 Damien Hardwick

$8 Jade Rawlings, Nathan Buckley

$10 Todd Viney

$12 Mick Malthouse

$14 Stephen Silvagni

$15 Ken Hinkley, Mark Williams

$17 Brad Scott

$21 Leigh Matthews, David King

$26 John Longmire

$34 Craig McRae

$51 Kevin Sheedy

$67 Denis Pagan, Brian Royal

How can Brian Royal be $67 :eek:

I thought he was very very close to getting a senior gig a few years ago and even though I'm commenting from a long way away with not a lot to go on he has always impressed me.

If he was a hares breath away from a senior gig 3 or 4 years ago, why wouldn't he be at least at the same level he was back then?

Is the quality of people today that much better that they've been perceived to have gone past him or has he stuffed up in areas and been exposed whilst continuing as an assistant?

I thought he'd make a much better coach than Harvey and I'd be interested to know why you guys would rate someone like Campbell higher.

I think people need to be really careful about giving a bloke too many ticks just because he had a higher playing profile / was a very good player or champion / Is a club man through and through etc.

We're facing the exact same issue at Collingwood x 10 coz of Bucks except we take it to a whole new level where many of us don't just want him to coach coz we love him so much from his playing days and he's a legend etc, many of us believe it is written that he will coach Collingwood to a flag and the only thing that could stop destiny would be if us, ourselves stuffed it up by dissing him and then missing him. :eek:

Seems the most likely guys to get the new gigs these days are well known and trotted out in the media on a regular basis yet there are this fairly substantial group of very experienced assistants who are pushing shit uphill to get noticed in the court of public opinion and it is only when a club is very brave (a la Melbourne, St Kilda to a degree) that one of these blokes gets a gig.

Clearly those clubs had a process to find a new coach and they followed it to the letter and the best candidate got the job regardless of who he was.

Can Richmond do that with the supporter base they have and the long wait for success?

Would the club have the balls to appoint say an Alan Richardson or Tony Micale if they were the stand out candidate after they'd been through the rigorous process?

Would you supporters be happy for that to happen?

Do you think those thoughts would enter the head of those selecting the coach and would they hold much weight?

Bloody tough position to be in :confused:

FWIW, I would be doing whatever it takes to have Damien Hardwick coaching that team in 4-5 weeks time barring someone coming up with a miraculous presentation/vision that blew everyone's doors off.

I think if you wait till the end of the year he'll be gone coz you wont be his first choice but offer it to him in the next 4-5 weeks, well he'd need to be brave to turn it down.

Otherwise i think by October 1, he'll be choosing where he wants to go??????

Let's just hope that the Board does not simply appoint Campbell just for the sake of it. There are many good applicants out there who can do the job.Do the work and the results will follow.

Take this however you like but it came from inside the Collingwood camp. Malthouse's days are dusted unless they make the GF as a minimum, so the likely scenario is Malthouse to Richmond and Choco to Collingwood for 250g more than what he gets at Port. As i said take that as you will but came from a good inside realiable source.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching suggestions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back