Streaming Cobra Kai

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely rules out Swank in the next season of Cobra Kai, even though its expected to start shooting late next year.

edadffaf687dff2699cc888bc2062d90

Had to double take, doesn't really look like her in that pic but it is!

Would be great if she can somehow make an appearance in S6, always liked her.
Youre not alone, not only did I do a double take, for a second I thought I was posting a pic that wasnt PG13. :$ :D

Regardless, Cobra Kai's creators do have an endgame in sight. It's just a matter of when the series will reach that point. "We do have a place where it’s all going, but that doesn’t mean the world has to stop there," Hurwitz told Total Film. "We have lots of ideas of continuing [the universe] and keeping the Karate Kid vibes going through other stories and other shows and different formats for that."

One of those ideas? It might just be the return of the only character left to return: Hilary Swank's Julie Pierce from The Next Karate Kid. Since the early days of Cobra Kai, fans have clamored for the 1994 film to get its call back. In a recent appearance on Live with Kelly and Ryan, Swank said that she hasn't even received a call from the Cobra Kai team. "I'm not in Cobra Kai, no one's asked me to be in Cobra Kai. A lot of people ask if I'm going to be on it, it's like, the No. 1 question I get," Swank said. "No one's called me!" she continued, later quipping, "but it's so funny, isn't it, that's the one thing I get asked the most and no one's called me?"

Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso's journey is coming to an end.​

The End has Arrived.

Cobra Kai Finally dies...........:(

tumblr_orh1ciEhCq1wrhkklo1_500.gif

Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso's journey is coming to an end.​

The End has Arrived.

Cobra Kai Finally dies...........:(

tumblr_orh1ciEhCq1wrhkklo1_500.gif

Really happy to hear that. Ending with Season 6 is perfect, otherwise it would just have gone on for too long.

Really happy to hear that. Ending with Season 6 is perfect, otherwise it would just have gone on for too long.
As much as I am disappointed I agree.

I just have to look at TWD. I stopped really caring about the show and the characters years ago, getting to the end of that series was painful.

At least here, the writers get the opportunity to end with a proper conclusion to everyone's story arc.

Lets also be realistic here, Cobra Kai will again come to light in the future, nothing can be more surer of this. KKIII was in 1989, Cobra Kai in 2018, which is almost 30 years later. In 30 years all the kids of Cobra Kai will be like the Johnny and Daniel of today with their own partners and kids. After that much time has passed, there definitely will be renewed interest, going by so many shows of the 80s,90s etc have been rebooted, its more likely to happen than not.

I just have to look at TWD. I stopped really caring about the show and the characters years ago, getting to the end of that series was painful.

At least here, the writers get the opportunity to end with a proper conclusion to everyone's story arc.

Lets also be realistic here, Cobra Kai will again come to light in the future, nothing can be more surer of this. KKIII was in 1989, Cobra Kai in 2018, which is almost 30 years later. In 30 years all the kids of Cobra Kai will be like the Johnny and Daniel of today with their own partners and kids. After that much time has passed, there definitely will be renewed interest, going by so many shows of the 80s,90s etc have been rebooted, its more likely to happen than not.

I was thinking the other day that maybe the reason why the show hasn’t started filming yet (the last few seasons has seen a season season being filmed every 5-6 months), is maybe they are giving Hilary Swank time to have her baby and then get ready for CK Season 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if filming start towards the end of this year.

I was thinking the other day that maybe the reason why the show hasn’t started filming yet (the last few seasons has seen a season season being filmed every 5-6 months), is maybe they are giving Hilary Swank time to have her baby and then get ready for CK Season 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if filming start towards the end of this year.

IIRC The delay in filming was a result of the writers actually being on other projects and I think some of the actors as well.

Swank will definitely appear IMO in the finale season. However, given the timing, its more likely to be a cameo than anything meaningful and significant.

I hope we dont get an overly sugary sweet ending either. Surely the writers realize that if the show is going to be rebooted one day, that some rivalry and or animosity is still unresolved. Im talking between the kids here specifically.

Yes filming is meant to start later this year, there was a thought that s6 could come out in December 2023.

Daniel, Johnny, and the rest of its high-kicking cast will return for Cobra Kai Season 6 because Cobra Kai is an exception to Netflix’s early termination policy. Cobra Kai season 6 will not become available on Netflix until late 2023 because production is yet to start. Season 6 will premiere before the first season.

However, a few of season 6’s sequences got filmed during the season 5 shot. Season 6 of “Cobra Kai” may premiere on Netflix in December 2023, one year after season 5, or it may run in the fall of 2023, one year after season 5. There is no doubt that the fans are enthusiastic about the upcoming season.

Fans start to lose interest when a shows quality drops or its characters change.

Similar to stranger things, season 4 was the strongest. Quality still there, but also with CK season 5 was the weakest IMO. A blip on the radar or a sign of diminishing returns?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy that they are ending the show at season 6.

Strangers Things will also have a final season.

Fans start to lose intrest when a tv show goes beyond 6 seasons imo

I think it has nothing to do with the number of seasons.

Ralph Macchio interview quote from last week, “They're writing the scripts now, and we're supposed to start in Atlanta in probably this spring. I think May is the pencil plan to get started. I can't wait.”

Ralph Macchio interview quote from last week, “They're writing the scripts now, and we're supposed to start in Atlanta in probably this spring. I think May is the pencil plan to get started. I can't wait.”
While a NY day release would be awesome, I can see them pushing this to 2024 May.

Its the series finale season and its been stated there will be longer season for the final season and presumably a movie length final episode for sure.

Last edited:

FMD, about 15 years ago or so, this similarly happened. It ended up murdering a few shows as a result.

It effected the The Sarah Connor Chronicles back in the day, which ultimately led to poor ratings and the show being cancelled. This one of many to be a casualty.

While Cobra Kai is in its last season, this writers strike has the potential to kill other shows and even spin offs of Cobra Kai, though that might not be a bad thing.

FMD, about 15 years ago or so, this similarly happened. It ended up murdering a few shows as a result.

It effected the The Sarah Connor Chronicles back in the day, which ultimately led to poor ratings and the show being cancelled. This one of many to be a casualty.

While Cobra Kai is in its last season, this writers strike has the potential to kill other shows and even spin offs of Cobra Kai, though that might not be a bad thing.

Yeah, TSCC was pretty much killed. Such a good show, I consider that show as the best Terminator since T2. Such a shame.

There will 100 percent be no more cobra kai/karate kid after this.

this is it.

From memory Heroes never recovered either it mumbled about for two more seasons but it never was the same again.

Yeah, that’s correct. First 2 seasons were great, but then it went downhill.

Supernatural was another show that had a shortened season because of the writers strike with a number of people online at the time thinking it might not recover. It went on for another 270 of so episodes after that. So you never know about these things. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Cobra Kai

Remove this Banner Ad

Back