Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

He is from my little country town of about 1500 people. We have lost a couple of legends from the footy club recently - they have all shook our little community, as Col's passing will. Couldn't believe it when I heard yesterday. 32, ****

Col was a prodigious junior and played in a senior flag as a 16 year old before being drafted. My best mate was captain of the seniors for years, though not in the back to back flags, and is shattered - as is the whole town. Everyone knows the footy club is the pulse of nearly every little country town, certainly the case at Merbein. I know the club and the community is heartbroken but know too they will rally round each other and do all they can for the family to get them through.

Just a horrible bloody time.

R.I.P Col.

Tony Sheahan jumped with the name last night when everyone was reporting an unidentified man had died in a car crash in Mildura, it was understood to be Sylvia but unconfirmed but that gigantic dickhead decided to tweet out Sylvia's name anyway.
What a Grub of a man.Shows just how low some in the "media" are these days.No morals or ethics at all.

Some family have found out through media rather than proper channels. Pretty ordinary of some to jump straight on SM and post it.
Sadly it's the way of the world these days. Everyone wants to be the one who breaks the story, and whenever someone dies, someone wants to try and show on social media they are grieving more than the next person. Not everyone, but some.

What a Grub of a man.Shows just how low some in the "media" are these days.No morals or ethics at all.
It's just a symptom of living in a voyeuristic society. The media is always hungry for attention and clicks. It's their bread and butter. If there wasn't a market for this stuff and money to be made off other people's tragedy, maybe we wouldn't see this kind of behaviour.

Agent Smith from the Matrix had it right. As a species we are defined by our own misery.

All ill say is

For anyone who plays for a AFL team, 1 game makes you a member of that club for life and Whether you get 0 disposals or average 30 possessions per game, the human life is still worth the same

RIP Colin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad.

What was the cause of crash?

Unknown at this stage but it was a known black spot where there have been fatalities before.

Two cars, both single occupant. The other car flipped but the driver got out dazed and walked away. First bloke on the scene said he couldn’t believe it - very lucky man.

Unknown at this stage but it was a known black spot where there have been fatalities before.

Two cars, both single occupant. The other car flipped but the driver got out dazed and walked away. First bloke on the scene said he couldn’t believe it - very lucky man.
Sounds like a case of one car failing to give way. Very sad that lapses in concentration can shatter lives like this.

A relative of mine was in a accident. He was going 100+. His car flipped then slid. The police told him if he was driving a lighter car he would have 100% been dead as it would have kept flipping over. The weight weighed the car down and stopped it rolling again

Too many people buy cars on what it looks like. Safety is all that should matter for a car. The other is 1% of the deal

When I saw the title of this thread I automatically assumed he was going to be trying for an AFL comeback or something (not realising he was 32) so to come here and find out that the thread was about him dying was a massive shock. 32 is way too young to die.

A relative of mine was in a accident. He was going 100+. His car flipped then slid. The police told him if he was driving a lighter car he would have 100% been dead as it would have kept flipping over. The weight weighed the car down and stopped it rolling again

Too many people buy cars on what it looks like. Safety is all that should matter for a car. The other is 1% of the deal

Yep. And we now have established five star ratings for safety.

It’s actually ridiculous that new cars can be sold with anything less than five stars. So many cars can achieve the rating, even cheaper ones.

RIP Colin. Named my username after him. He bled red and blue until The Troubles arrived. After footy he was a demons man again.

Condolences to his family and loved ones. Devastating

I liked his game , he was one of those players who when the ball went near him you paid a bit more attention,excitement levels rose . RIP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back