Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it? In regards to the 2, 50% of them were Colin Sylvia so not sure why it doesn't.

Shane Yarrans passing was also on the news, what an incredibly stupid thing to say.

RIP Col

I guess this is one of those situations when a person who is nothing more than human waste gets all these plaudits just because he has died.

His death doesn't change what a piece of shit person he was, so good riddance.

No doubt all the white knights will have a go at me, but if they are content defending a known woman basher then they are not much better than Colin to be honest.

It's still sad for his family etc. He might have been a shitbag etc but he's still someone's son

Pretty traumatic if the rumors are true about who the other driver was.

No idea why it's so hard to show common decency, this thread is to show respect for Colin and sympathy for the people connected to him, if you wanna say anything keep to yourself.

It's not a rumor. It's fact.

Herald Sun is reporting it that it was his best friend in the other car and that they were both out yabbying together on the morning of that same day.

Here is a story I just came across that explains what happened for anyone interested. Indeed tragic. Mates crashed, but speed was involved and Sylvia was at fault. But it does seem to be a bit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time too, because the accident happened on a crest of a hill so he wouldn't have seen the friend slowing down in front, so I can see how that can lead to disaster such as this on a 100km road. Country roads most of us do 140 anyway.

https://newsfeeds.media/family-haun...y-star-colin-sylvia-32-in-baffling-car-crash/

I keep reading “well known bad intersection” but they haven’t said much more about this specific accident. Normally in cases like this (car crashes) not involving a well known figure they would say which driver went through the intersection incorrectly, but they seem to be withholding this on this occasion?
Or speed/alcohol were or weren't factors.

Here is a story I just came across that explains what happened for anyone interested. Indeed tragic. Mates crashed, but speed was involved and Sylvia was at fault. But it does seem to be a bit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time too, because the accident happened on a crest of a hill so he wouldn't have seen the friend slowing down in front, so I can see how that can lead to disaster such as this on a 100km road. Country roads most of us do 140 anyway.

https://newsfeeds.media/family-haun...y-star-colin-sylvia-32-in-baffling-car-crash/

You are part of the problem....

You are part of the problem....

Give me a break. On a straight road without a car in sight going at 100 feels like about 40. Have you been to Germany? 130km limits. So no I am not part of the problem, as the behavior has minimal risk. Populated areas, uneven terrain and weather need to be taken into account. It's people that speed in these conditions... such as this particular incident they were going over a crest, is where it's a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me a break. On a straight road without a car in sight going at 100 feels like about 40. Have you been to Germany? 130km limits. So no I am not part of the problem, as the behavior has minimal risk. Populated areas, uneven terrain and weather need to be taken into account. It's people that speed in these conditions... such as this particular incident they were going over a crest, is where it's a problem.
In Germany it is legal and other drivers are expecting cars to be moving that fast

That isn't the case here and the roads aren't setup expecting it either

Yes, I'm actually going to Germany for work in 3 weeks.

I spent 6 weeks driving Italy last year.

If you think the quality of European highways and their safety barriers are in any way comparable to country Australian roads, you are absolutely deluded.

There is no comparison.

For all col’s short comings, he played and helped the MFC during a disastrous period for the club. I can’t help but wonder what could have been if he’d been able to make it through to the current side.

His explosive run and carry is desperately needed
We have got a Colin Sylvia clone already at the Dees. His name is Christian Petracca.

Alway remember him as an absolute gun at Melbourne in their darkest days...

Had one encounter with Sylvia at Crown a few years back when he was definitely in the depths of post-football depression.. was sad to see, I heard he had turned his life around since then just to have it cut short.

RIP.

It's not a rumor. It's fact.

Herald Sun is reporting it that it was his best friend in the other car and that they were both out yabbying together on the morning of that same day.
that's just beyond awful for his friend :(

I guess that should make people feel ashamed of themselves for jumping to the conclusion that drugs or alcohol were involved.

Yes, I'm actually going to Germany for work in 3 weeks.

I spent 6 weeks driving Italy last year.

If you think the quality of European highways and their safety barriers are in any way comparable to country Australian roads, you are absolutely deluded.

There is no comparison.
Big empty country with poorly maintained roads. Italy has 3 times the amount of people in the whole Australia and would be the size of Victoria

I know we all want to get there quicker, and nautrally driving faster will reduce the trip. But some of these roads wont be touched for 5/10 years and are not perfectly constructed. Lots of work being put into some of the major routes but still

Just dont speed on country roads. This is coming from someone who does a 5 hour drive every couple of months to go back to his home town. Roads are not great. takes 15 seconds if lapse of concentraition which is absolutely normal and human to do.

Not worth it because "The autobahn"

I cannot feel any sympathy for a person who is high on ice and writes themselves off in a crash for example..

If you flipped it around though and found out your nephew was battling mental demons and turned to drugs (unbeknownst to you) and was in a car accident high on drugs, would you still feel no sympathy due to drugs being in his/her system?

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back