Unofficial Preview Coll vs Rich (Armstrong & Dwyer out, Seed and JDG confirmed, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[***Mod edit: selected squad added***]

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Marley Williams
HB: Tom Langdon, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack
C: Adam Oxley, Dane Swan, Paul Seedsman
HF: Jamie Elliott, Jesse White, Travis Varcoe
F: Patrick Karnezis, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury
Int (from): Alex Fasolo, Jarrod Witts, Tim Broomhead, Sam Dwyer, Jack Crisp, Jordan De Goey, Corey Gault

IN: Jordan De Goey, Alex Fasolo, Corey Gault, Paul Seedsman
OUT: Tony Armstrong (omitted)

OUT: Armstrong, Karnezis, Witts, Dwyer,
IN: Ramsay, Sidebottom, De Goey, Seedsman

Our forward line will be shorter but our forward pressure and defensive ball movement will be stacks better. Gault can return if any of the other INs don't come up.

Not being too reactionary, we simply have better players we need to include.

Last edited by a moderator:

Our forward line will be shorter but our forward pressure and defensive ball movement will be stacks better. Gault can return if any of the other INs don't come up.

Can't argue against this.

If De Goey really dominates again I agree, except I would keep Karnezis in on that performance. Not sure who else to drop though...

No need to panic. We lost to Adelaide and we bounced back. The reality is we are young an inconsistent losses like these are expected. We really lost at the start whith the Frost Hawkins match up. Once again Hawkins totality out plays him except this time it was the first quarter not the last. Frost probably had his worst game of the season We showed we can play good footy. His confidence was a bit shot afterwords and didn't drop off his man to create a contest like he was doing most of the year. If Brown played on Hawkins from the get go its a close game.

Out: Dwyer
In: Seedsman
Sub: Karnezis

Dwyer's one of the older guys and did nothing but fumble the ball most of the night.

I agree the Cloke/White/Gault combo was successful, just not sure who else to drop. It's probably unlikely that all of Ramsay/Seedy/Rusty will be available though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how Armstrong got a game ahead of degoey. If we are going to lose by 10 goals I would rather see degoey playing

It's the most bizarre selection I've seen in quite a while. De Goey is ready or they wouldn't have given him the sub vest first game. More bizzare considering Armstrong was an emergency rookie upgrade on Thursday.

Why Witts?

He was leading our possessions for the first quarter I believe, or somewhere up there.

That drop by him was so embarrassing and I was sitting right behind, and the most embarrassing thing I've seen live at footy, and his night probably did get worse from that, but still don't think he should be dropped.

Armstrong is finished with this club as far as I'm concerned. You can't come back from a performance like that. Put the line through three times and then shred the evidence.

Karnezis proved he has all the problems I suspected. Loose unless it's right under his nose. Finding space in the VFL to kick a 'bag'. GTFO.

Witts or Grundy because we are too slow with two rucks. Dwyer is usually a good decision maker but you can't carry a bag of slow players. We have a real issue now with 2 rucks as I suspected and tonight V a bunch of Geelong talls was the ideal situation to see if it worked. I'd look at a trade situation and a mature ruck as a back-stop.

We need players who are super competitive, fast and hard if they can't kick, like Williams and Toovey. Outside players who shark the pack or don't bodyline the opposition, tackle or harrass - especially without pace - are dead ****ing meat. I'd have 1 Goldsack to 2 outside fobs.

We have a good core but I'm looking now to see players like Maynard who can contest and kick. Chew gum and walk.

White. What the **** was he thinking, that the postman was going to deliver the ball into his lap. Absolutely shithouse effort and I'd put Gault back in or give Marsh a go. Serious lack of testicles and Cloke needs a massive slap for getting sulky when he missed and failing to set up when Geelong ran out.

And Swan, sorry, but he is making skill errors that aren't just bad but which are almost suspect.

All that said, we have a solid core. A very solid core of young players to build upon. Time to make some massive statement at the selection table this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back