Unofficial Preview Coll vs Rich (Armstrong & Dwyer out, Seed and JDG confirmed, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it shows how important getting games into Gault is, at least pending trading in another athletic tall option. Gault is a decent relief ruck, much moreso than White, and yet provides decent forward pressure. We just need to get him winning more aerial contests and it will help the side immeasurably.

I'm a one ruck/3 tall forward man. White needs to be dropped and pending a decent performance Gault can come in, and maybe Marsh. Jesse White is wearing very thin on me. Bitterly disappointed with his performance tonight.

Out: Cloke, Dwyer, Armstrong

In: Seedsman, Ramsey, DeGoey (if he plays good in the magoos)

Cloke has to go. I don't care how good a target he is, if he misses goals he isn't in the best team. He is costing us games atm and is isn't good for the team short or long term. He either goes back to the magoos for a few weeks and learns to kick or he can play for Carlton next season for all I care.

Yes, because Armstrong was far from our worst player tonight.

The truth is I thought Elliot was our worst player tonight.......

Still if Ramsay is fit Amstrong goes back to the seconds.

I'm a one ruck/3 tall forward man. White needs to be dropped and pending a decent performance Gault can come in, and maybe Marsh. Jesse White is wearing very thin on me. Bitterly disappointed with his performance tonight.
I'm in the same boat. When Moore is ready we'll look a lot better, but that's a way off. Witts is too slow to play as anything other than a #1 ruckman with rests up forward.

Don't worry, I noticed his half arsed efforts to attack the ball and general laziness around the contest. Shit disposal coming in is no excuse for lack of effort.

You just keep being content with mediocrity though, if that helps you sleep at night... Buddy.

So what do you expect him to do when the ball is coming at his feet after making a lead? If you hadn't noticed, White cannot make it to every contest. Sucks I know.

Yes he made some mistakes, but if the inability to make it to every contest is what makes a player mediocre then I hate to see a player that is really bad (like Witts).

I did. And I think you have no idea if you are suggesting that a poster who thinks we should drop white has no idea. Dropping white is a must. Did you watch the game??

I was at the game. He kicked two goals and moved well around the ground. What else do you expect him to do when the rest of the team can't kick to him?

If that helps you sleep at night buddy.

White didn't play a bad game. If you watched closely, you could see our disposal was shit. Real easy for White to mark when the players are kicking to his feet.
What? He didn't play a bad game? Watch the game again.
He pulled out of contests. He didn't attack the ball. He missed easy shots on goal. He was soft.

VFL form drives inclusions here.

Hopefully Seedsman and Ramsay are ready to return, but I wouldn't put money on both of them getting up so I'll wait till tomorrow night to see who pushes for selection.

I hope Kennedy and De Goey burn again and Gault has a massive game, those are the 3 we need back in our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you trade Witts you pick up a mature age rookie ruckmen to cover for this scenario.

Trading witts after one game is ridiculous.
In fact early on he was one of our better players, when we were getting smashed. When he dropped that sitter in the goal square and cost us a goal he lost all confidence.
Persist with him, the more competitive game time he gets the better he will be.

What? He didn't play a bad game? Watch the game again.
He pulled out of contests. He didn't attack the ball. He missed easy shots on goal. He was soft.

I admit that one where he missed 40M out was bad. But Cloke missed an even easier one. You do also realize that contests where he does pull out of is when Cloke goes up for the mark? Why have two talls go up for the mark?

Almost a forgotten man, but if he can follow up from his 24 disposals, 6 clearances and 7 inside 50's in 3 quarters last week, could be a great inclusion, love the kid.

ben-kennedy-760x438.jpg

Cloke is being paid 800k a year and no one is batting an eyelid when people suggest he is dropped.

What a poor investment that has been, only kicked more than 2 goals once this year... in a 100 point win over a pathetic St Kilda.

How can you drop him when we have no replacement? He is not in form but we don't have a choice. White, gault and witts can't take the best defender.

So what do you expect him to do when the ball is coming at his feet after making a lead? If you hadn't noticed, White cannot make it to every contest. Sucks I know.

Yes he made some mistakes, but if the inability to make it to every contest is what makes a player mediocre then I hate to see a player that is really bad (like Witts).

I was at the game. He kicked two goals and moved well around the ground. What else do you expect him to do when the rest of the team can't kick to him?

You were deadset watching a different game to 99% of posters on here.

The only reason he won't be dropped is that we have no one to replace him!

Cloke is being paid 800k a year and no one is batting an eyelid when people suggest he is dropped.

What a poor investment that has been, only kicked more than 2 goals once this year... in a 100 point win over a pathetic St Kilda.
Who is suggesting we drop him?

Realistically, he has glaring deficiencies but we have no-one else with anything like his ability. Our key forward cupboard is currently bare, and apparently Hine didn't rate the forwards we could have accessed in recent drafts, eg. McCarthy, Stewart, etc.

Whatever the changes are, i just hope that the kids are the standouts in the reserves tomorrow ie kennedy, de goey, freeman and scharenberg.

The sooner we get them playing good football in the seniors, the far better off we will be. The bonus will be not having to watch armstrong, dwyer, white etc spudding it up in the seniors.

I'm in the same boat. When Moore is ready we'll look a lot better, but that's a way off. Witts is too slow to play as anything other than a #1 ruckman with rests up forward.

Is it too optimistic to suggest that Mason Cox could be good enough as a depth player to allow Witts to be traded by next year?

Is it too optimistic to suggest that Mason Cox could be good enough as a depth player to allow Witts to be traded by next year?
Probably, but nothing is certain.

Out: Cloke, Dwyer, Armstrong

In: Seedsman, Ramsey, DeGoey (if he plays good in the magoos)

Cloke has to go. I don't care how good a target he is, if he misses goals he isn't in the best team. He is costing us games atm and is isn't good for the team short or long term. He either goes back to the magoos for a few weeks and learns to kick or he can play for Carlton next season for all I care.

Maybe it's time for the Big Show. Yabba Dabba Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Out; White. Never to be played in the seniors again. Armstrong, sorry mate, was really hoping you would prove the doubters wrong but you didn't.
In; Gault. Has not shown much so far but at least he provides some hope of improvement. JDG if he plays well again this week.

Will be keeping an eye on PK. I really want this kid to make the grade but his game tonight did not fill me with confidence. Having said that the same could be said about most of our guys tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back