Unofficial Preview Coll vs Rich (Armstrong & Dwyer out, Seed and JDG confirmed, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but would still have PK as an impact sub and instead would drop Varcoe.

Yeah, I think there is something wrong with Varcoe to be honest. Lacking that spark he once had, yes he's getting older but still, needs to offer more than a half decent contest every now and again.

You have no idea.

Did you actually watch the game?
LMAO, pretty sure I did watch that soft**** jogging around pulling out of contests all night in between missing goals from straight in front.

Armstrong is a little too lazy and is not a defender. Side by Side doesn't mean running alongside an opponent without putting any pressure on. He'd kick the ball and then start stretching without considering to move to be an option.

I was happy to give him a go, but don't think we will see much more than him.

Sorry Mike but Armstrong is a squib who doesn't go hard at the contest and is buffeted off a contested ball with such ease it isn't funny while making all sorts of Corrie gestures. He kicks fine but someone as weak as that at the contest is rank, gone. Oxley is a slighter player than Armstrong but always makes a contest.

Out:

Dywer: Can't believe people some people on this forum call him UNDERRATED... his defensive efforts are as poor as anyone in the AFL, he is slow and weak and brushed off easily. Offensively his 10-15 touches a game are simply not damaging enough. The only time he plays well are when we are smashing the opposition. Last year on the list.

Armstrong: well... he tried, but anyone who denies he is a total spud has no clue. I see absolutely zero reason to play mature age spuds when we have talented youth in the wings.

Karnezis: Let his opponent run free the entire game and gave us very little, extremely overrated player and frankly his career is in the balance.

In:

Sidebottom (if fit): Will help lots through the midfield and snag 1 or 2 goals

Ramsay/Seedsmen: Whoever is closest to 100% fitness

De Goey: Class above VFL level, time to get games into the future.

Witts is bloody lucky to not get dropped, but if Gault got to play for a month without delivering then so does Witts.

Last edited:
Not a prediction, but certainly what I'd like to see based on form:

In: Sidebottom, Seedsman, Fasolo, De Goey.
Out: Blair, Dwyer, White, Armstrong.

Sidebottom is our second best player and if right to go is a must play.

Seedsman is an automatic in and a must play on form and is for me a top 15 player on our list with the penetration/meters gained.

Fasolo is playing good footy in the VFL providing a marking target and scoreboard impact. He shouldn't be used as deep as he is in the front half at VFL level, I'd like to see him push more onto a forward flank and in that role as a playmaker finding inside 50 targets he can I feel have a big impact for us.

De Goey has played some solid footy through the VFL and looks ready for another crack to me. He just brings that right intent to the contest so we can use him.

--
Blair for me was worst on ground tonight. He has a go and pressures, but he isn't a threat up forward, so much so that he kicked no goals and Enright zoned off him throughout the game to have his first truly big game of the season. You just can't carry that.

Dwyer for me the past few weeks hasn't been good enough and with our gameplan so focused on pressuring and causing turnovers he isn't the best fit for this team.

White for me doesn't offer anything any of our smaller/medium forwards don't. With Karnezis in the front half and Grundy/Witts sharing the ruck load I don't feel structurally White is as necessary as is assumed and I'd personally leaving both he and Gault out of the seniors with others better able to contribute towards winning.

Then Armstrong for me down back isn't really suitable. I'm not going to say that he isn't an AFL standard footballer like most assume. He just isn't an AFL standard defender without a real weapon, as down back you really need dominant 1v1 ability, freakish pace or a penetrating kick, and he doesn't have those tricks. For me Armstrong is a forward flanker and is continuing to be wasted down back, with his skill being his class, time and space and ability to find the short-medium targets lace out which is perfect as someone who can set up your deep forwards.

Armstrong is finished with this club as far as I'm concerned. You can't come back from a performance like that. Put the line through three times and then shred the evidence.

NOTWORHTY.gif

Out:

Dywer: Can't believe people some people on this forum call him OVERRATED... his defensive efforts are as poor as anyone in the AFL, he is slow and weak and brushed off easily. Offensively his 10-15 touches a game are simply not damaging enough. The only time he plays well are when we are smashing the opposition. Last year on the list.

Armstrong: well... he tried, but anyone who denies he is a total spud has no clue. I see absolutely zero reason to play mature age spuds when we have talented youth in the wings.

Karnezis: Let his opponent run free the entire game and gave us very little, extremely overrated player and frankly his career is in the balance.

In:

Sidebottom (if fit): Will help lots through the midfield and snag 1 or 2 goals

Ramsay/Seedsmen: Whoever is closest to 100% fitness

De Goey: Class above VFL level, time to get games into the future.

Witts is bloody lucky to not get dropped, but if Gault got to play for a month without delivering then so does Witts.

I agree with most of this. Dwyer I think is a very good decision maker and finds time, but he is purely depth to the squad.

Witts and Grundy I can't see working as a combination together. As 1 off rucks they work but we lose too much defensive cover with one resting up forward. I'd play them both this year to pump up trade value but then I'd be strongly tempted to trade one for value and bring in a mature ruck role player.

LMAO, pretty sure I did watch that soft**** jogging around pulling out of contests all night in between missing goals from straight in front.

If that helps you sleep at night buddy.

White didn't play a bad game. If you watched closely, you could see our disposal was shit. Real easy for White to mark when the players are kicking to his feet.

I agree with most of this. Dwyer I think is a very good decision maker and finds time, but he is purely depth to the squad.

Witts and Grundy I can't see working as a combination together. As 1 off rucks they work but we lose too much defensive cover with one resting up forward. I'd play them both this year to pump up trade value but then I'd be strongly tempted to trade one for value and bring in a mature ruck role player.

Then I'd be inclined to trade Witts to GWS. But I'd be very nervous about trading him.

Not a prediction, but certainly what I'd like to see based on form:

In: Sidebottom, Seedsman, Fasolo, De Goey.
Out: Blair, Dwyer, White, Armstrong.

Sidebottom is our second best player and if right to go is a must play.

Seedsman is an automatic in and a must play on form and is for me a top 15 player on our list with the penetration/meters gained.

Fasolo is playing good footy in the VFL providing a marking target and scoreboard impact. He shouldn't be used as deep as he is in the front half at VFL level, I'd like to see him push more onto a forward flank and in that role as a playmaker finding inside 50 targets he can I feel have a big impact for us.

De Goey has played some solid footy through the VFL and looks ready for another crack to me. He just brings that right intent to the contest so we can use him.

--
Blair for me was worst on ground tonight. He has a go and pressures, but he isn't a threat up forward, so much so that he kicked no goals and Enright zoned off him throughout the game to have his first truly big game of the season. You just can't carry that.

Dwyer for me the past few weeks hasn't been good enough and with our gameplan so focused on pressuring and causing turnovers he isn't the best fit for this team.

White for me doesn't offer anything any of our smaller/medium forwards don't. With Karnezis in the front half and Grundy/Witts sharing the ruck load I don't feel structurally White is as necessary as is assumed and I'd personally leaving both he and Gault out of the seniors with others better able to contribute towards winning.

Then Armstrong for me down back isn't really suitable. I'm not going to say that he isn't an AFL standard footballer like most assume. He just isn't an AFL standard defender without a real weapon, as down back you really need dominant 1v1 ability, freakish pace or a penetrating kick, and he doesn't have those tricks. For me Armstrong is a forward flanker and is continuing to be wasted down back, with his skill being his class, time and space and ability to find the short-medium targets lace out which is perfect as someone who can set up your deep forwards.

Blair was the worst? You want to bring in Fasolo? Jesus Christ.

Did you pick up on the number of Geelong players who got loose ball owing to our lazy players? If Fasolo came in for Blair I hate to think how much worse this would have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidey won't play;

collingwoodfc: Bucks' injury wrap:
- Dwyer (subbed) isn't injured
- Steele (thumb) won't face Richmond
- A nine day break will benefit Seedsman (glute)

On that Seedsman will.

Then I'd be inclined to trade Witts to GWS. But I'd be very nervous about trading him.

I'm the same way. I think both rucks project so well but I just don't see how we function properly with both in the side. Very tough decision because both will be great rucks but how can you play them both when they are 2/3 speed of a normal player?

Sidey won't play;

On that Seedsman will.
If that's the case then De Goey, Ramsay, Seedsman and Gault in for Armstrong, Karnezis, Dwyer and Witts.

If that helps you sleep at night buddy.

White didn't play a bad game. If you watched closely, you could see our disposal was shit. Real easy for White to mark when the players are kicking to his feet.

Don't worry, I noticed his half arsed efforts to attack the ball and general laziness around the contest. Shit disposal coming in is no excuse for lack of effort.

You just keep being content with mediocrity though, if that helps you sleep at night... Buddy.

I'm the same way. I think both rucks project so well but I just don't see how we function properly with both in the side. Very tough decision because both will be great rucks but how can you play them both when they are 2/3 speed of a normal player?
Again, it shows how important getting games into Gault is, at least pending trading in another athletic tall option. Gault is a decent relief ruck, much moreso than White, and yet provides decent forward pressure. We just need to get him winning more aerial contests and it will help the side immeasurably.

What was wrong with Ramsay?Will he be right to play next week?I think we missed him tonight,and that's definitely not something i would have said at the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back