Unofficial Preview Coll vs Rich (Armstrong & Dwyer out, Seed and JDG confirmed, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would much prefer to see the kids getting game time, need to give them opportunity ahead of the likes Dwyer and Armstrong. If these older guys are going to dish up the shit performances like last night we might as well give our good picks exposure to afl this year regardless of the results

Is it De Goey time?

He probably isn't 100% ready to play senior football at a consistent level but at some point we just have to get the kid in and play him in multiple games in a row. Last week he was just as impressive in the VFL as Lachie Hunter, and Hunter got a game this week with the in form Dogs.

He is our next star, for the moment put Moore, Scharenberg, Freeman etc to the back burner, this kid is the real deal, a tough inside mid who can go forward and kick goals. He's a tougher, taller version of Dayne Beams basically.

It's GOOOEYYY TIME.:)

You trade him and Grundy goes down, who's our ruckman, white?

I'm sorry but this argument is flawed.

Almost without exception AFL teams never have a quality ruck backup. It's not necessarily that it's superfluous, moreso its a luxury teams can't afford to carry.

Why Witts?

He was leading our possessions for the first quarter I believe, or somewhere up there.

That drop by him was so embarrassing and I was sitting right behind, and the most embarrassing thing I've seen live at footy, and his night probably did get worse from that, but still don't think he should be dropped.

Not being critical but if that is the most embarrassing thing you have seen live you have not seen many games live.

Out: Armstrong, Karnezis, Dwyer,
In: Sidebottom, Seedsman, Ramsay,

If anyone else doesn't come up, de Goey in as well.

I think Witts will be better for the run, and a few of the marks he took show it could work when he has a better night.

It was Witts' first AFL game for the season last night and it was always likely that he was going to struggle with the tempo of the game first up. I would be inclined to give him several more games before passing judgement. GWS traded Giles because they have plenty of ruckman so are unlikely to want

Apparently Bucks has already ruled Sidey out of next weeks game. I agree with Pies_10 that Seedsman, Ramsey, Gault, de Goey need to come in for White, Armstrong, Dwyer, Karnezis.

IMO that Armstrong is not up to AFL level, although I like Dwyer, he performs well against the lesser teams but his deficiencies are glaring when playing against the better teams. I am not sure what to make of Karnezis and White...has been a major disappointment in that for his size and pace, he has no football sense and leads into places where we should not be kicking the ball. He has a team high of marks I50 but there is no value to this because of where he is taking his marks.. Stats don't always tell the true story. IMO there is more upside to Gault than there is to White on what has been shown over the past 12 months.

I love Swanny, he appears to be struggling at times and his fumbles in the backline over recent weeks have been costly and we have been critical of his poor disposal, however nearly half of his possessions this year have been contested. He leads the way with 74 CP and clearances. So are we judging him too harshly based on past deeds or is it again the stats not always showing the true story..or both.

Cloke has kicked 24.11 to date and the stats show a goal accuracy of 51.8% - what this % adds where in accuracy where the ball has come off hands and rushed through. Apparently what it does not take into consideration is OOB and it was stated on Fox last night that he has had 10 OOB this season. With this added in his conversion rate is 40%. Not good enough for an AFL key forward earning $800k per year.

It is great for us to state we need to drop all of the under performing players but by doing so exposes us to our youth and rookies. We are very light on for experienced players that are good enough to play AFL. By playing so much youth we are likely to lose more games than we win and the majority of supporters would be up in arms that we are not winning. Also, we could potentially set back a players career after a bad performance (Zac Dawson on Rocca comes to mind). However, it is annoying that we drop the same players over and over again only for them to get a call up because of another player's injury and poor form without doing anything in the reserves to warrant selection. White and Fasolo come to mind. By all means bring the youngsters in because god knows it is what we need, but if we can stage it in blocks of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Armstrong, Dwyer, Witts
IN: Sidebottom, Seedsman, DeGoey

B: Williams - Brown - Toovey
HB: Langdon - Frost - Oxley
C: Sidebottom - Crisp - Seedsman
HF: DeGoey - Cloke - Varcoe
F: Karnezis - White - Elliott
R: Grundy Pendlebury Swan

INT: Adams Blair Goldsack Broomhead

I wouldn't mind seeing Freeman get a run for Dwyer, they seem similar types to me however Freeman is the future whereas Dwyer is depth.

Witts needs another run so while I didn't mind Gault I think he's on the outer. Hopefully Ramsay or Seedsman are ok and can slot back in for Armstrong, if both come up Freeman may have to wait.

Out - Dwyer, Armstrong

In - Ramsay, Seedsman, (Freeman if required)

I wouldn't mind seeing Freeman get a run for Dwyer, they seem similar types to me however Freeman is the future whereas Dwyer is depth.

Witts needs another run so while I didn't mind Gault I think he's on the outer. Hopefully Ramsay or Seedsman are ok and can slot back in for Armstrong, if both come up Freeman may have to wait.

Out - Dwyer, Armstrong

In - Ramsay, Seedsman, (Freeman if required)
Bucks admitted last night that Freeman is a long way off senior footy, and anyway who has seen him play recently would agree.

It's like he's undertaking a pre season while playing VFL footy, he's so far off being a star at VFL level, let alone senior level that he isn't in contention yet.

Kennedy, De Goey, Fasolo, Marsh, Gault, Seedsman and Ramsay (fitness tests for last 2) seems to be the pool of players of which we have to choose for the Richmond game.

I want to, no I won't see it cause I'll be working, would have loved to drive up to Bendigo and watch the reserves, I'd love to read your reports that Freeman has dominated the VFL game and will be a certain call up.

That would make me really happy.

Bucks admitted last night that Freeman is a long way off senior footy, and anyway who has seen him play recently would agree.

It's like he's undertaking a pre season while playing VFL footy, he's so far off being a star at VFL level, let alone senior level that he isn't in contention yet.

Kennedy, De Goey, Fasolo, Marsh, Gault, Seedsman and Ramsay (fitness tests for last 2) seems to be the pool of players of which we have to choose for the Richmond game.

I watched the VFL replay last week and I thought he was involved and looked ok.

Armstrong is miles off senior footy but it didn't stop him getting a game last night. Dwyer struggles at the level too often.

I'd be ok with any of Kennedy, De Goey, Marsh, Freeman, Gault, or Sharenburg getting games before they are ready.

Not all at once but when the choice is between a mature aged depth player and these young guys I'd go with youth.

Not all at once but when the choice is between a mature aged depth player and these young guys I'd go with youth.
This I agree with. In hindsight Marsh should have played instead of Armstrong last night, and De Goey should have played ahead of about 5 ordinary players that we are carrying.

I'd love to see us bring all of Marsh, Gault, Kennedy and De Goey in next week, but with Seeds and Ramsay coming back we aren't going to make 6 changes.

This I agree with. In hindsight Marsh should have played instead of Armstrong last night, and De Goey should have played ahead of about 5 ordinary players that we are carrying.

I'd love to see us bring all of Marsh, Gault, Kennedy and De Goey in next week, but with Seeds and Ramsay coming back we aren't going to make 6 changes.

Agree on Marsh, he was excellent in the last quarter last week and while he lacks the kicking skills of Armstrong he was in everything, making second and third efforts, etc.

De Goey is probably in front of Freeman but I just thought Freeman looked ok in the role at VFL level and he's more similar to Dwyer. De Goey would have learnt plenty by playing last night though.

Peter Bell on Josh Fraser
McGuane kicking the ground time after time after get a jab in the groin
Jason Wilde missing a shot from inside the goal square
So many more.....

This needs to be a thread of it's own: "most embarrassing moments" mcguane was a classic. I'm off to go look for it on YouTube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back