Club Focus Collingwood 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Will be interesting to see how the two compare in 2025.

I dont think there will be much between them.

Darling at least knows what it takes to win.
He obviously doesn't know too much about it, he's just agreed to a trade to North, I think darling is completely cooked by the way, I'm not just saying that because you had a go at Membrey

They’re in a tricky space. They’ll be in contention this coming season. But will need to add someone like LDU next year for instance to keep going. Also I think they should have prioritised Battle over Perryman. Especially getting Houston it means Perryman not as much of a need. Unless one of them can move into the middle effectively.

We probably tried to get Battle 1st but Chose Hawthorn over us

Same as Barrass

Sorry, i understand now.

Means nothing.

Hes a bottom of the barrel pick up that is being touted by Collingwood supporters as the saviour.
Hes a free hit thats handy back up at worst. I think Houston and Perryman dramatically outweigh Membreys importance but the big one is hoping for full seasons out of DeGoey, Mitchell, Mihocek, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling is cooked, no doubt.

But we arent running around saying we are going to finish top 4.
I don't really understand your point, no one is saying that north are going to finish top 4 so what's the point of adding a bloke who's best footy was 5 years ago, Collingwood adding Membrey as depth is nothing like that unless you think they are also likely to finish near the bottom along with North, then if that's the case the addition of Houston and Perryman is going to hurt alot more than adding Membrey for nothing. By the way I can't see an issue with a team that won a flag a year ago having a proper crack again.

I don't really understand your point, no one is saying that north are going to finish top 4 so what's the point of adding a bloke who's best footy was 5 years ago, Collingwood adding Membrey as depth is nothing like that unless you think they are also likely to finish near the bottom along with North, then if that's the case the addition of Houston and Perryman is going to hurt alot more than adding Membrey for nothing. By the way I can't see an issue with a team that won a flag a year ago having a proper crack again.

I like that Collingwood are chips in on 2025, but the talk around Membrey propelling them into the top 4 is way off the mark.

They have a heap of ground to make up, to go past Brisbane, Sydney, Port Adelaide, GWS, Geelong.

They arent in that top group and adding membrey does not help them get there.

The other two are great signings.

We are having another crack at the cup. Its a long shot but if it works that's fantastic and if it doesn't we go back down the ladder. All teams eventually drop down anyway and if it costs us a couple extra years at the bottom so be it. I would prefer we have a crack and fail badly then not have a go like Carlton did this trade period.

I like that Collingwood are chips in on 2025, but the talk around Membrey propelling them into the top 4 is way off the mark.

They have a heap of ground to make up, to go past Brisbane, Sydney, Port Adelaide, GWS, Geelong.

I agree Membrey doesn't get us to the top 4, I don't know who thinks it will.

There's a guy called Nick Daicos that goes ok that might have a say in Collingwood finding top 4 though.

Which idiot thinks Membrey is that player? The only person I have seen saying something like that is you.
With a few less injuries we could have been top 4 this year. Adding Houston and Perryman helps with this goal next year. Membrey is a useful plan B to cover injury. He is a good player at his best but I don't see him as best 23 at this stage.

Which idiot thinks Membrey is that player? The only person I have seen saying something like that is you.
With a few less injuries we could have been top 4 this year. Adding Houston and Perryman help with this goal next year. Membrey is a useful plan B to cover injury. He is a good player at his best but I don't see him as best 23 at this stage.
I’m not sure where he’s getting that impression. Is Tim Membreys nanna posting on here somewhere?

With a few less injuries we could have been top 4 this year. Adding Houston and Perryman help with this goal next year. Membrey is a useful plan B to cover injury. He is a good player at his best but I don't see him as best 23 at this stage.

Just open your eyes on any social media platform available to you.

So Membrey is purely depth and wont play unless you have injuries. Is that correct?

Just open your eyes on any social media platform available to you.

So Membrey is purely depth and wont play unless you have injuries. Is that correct?

So Membrey's aunts cousin is talking crap on facebook and thats your source? Welcome to nuffyville and anyone who listens to that crap is also buying a house there.

Who is he pushing past to get a game. He is mostly an 'on the lead marking forward'. The 3 that play a somewhat similar role and are 1st choice are Mihocek, McStay and Elliott. He is behind all three in my eyes. So yes a depth players but he should get a few games because all 3 tend to miss a few games most years.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Collingwood 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back