Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. One of the few remaining chances to see Liam Baker in Tigers colours and the 'Tiger Faithful' do him dirty like this :$

Screaming Sinking Ship GIF by South Park

Lol, 18k at the G and they complain about having to play at Kardinia Park

An utterly pathetic crowd at the MCG yesterday. Richmond supporters are a joke. I cannot remember the last time Collingwood had less than 40,000 people to an MCG game.

An utterly pathetic crowd at the MCG yesterday. Richmond supporters are a joke. I cannot remember the last time Collingwood had less than 40,000 people to an MCG game.

I am fairly surely you got a crowd of about 35 K vs an interstate team last year (maybe Freo) at the G, granted the weather was very shite .

But obviously Pies fans are much more loyal and go week in week out unlike Tiger flogs.

Wait I thought Richmond had more members?

Memberships fluctuate with success and are not a reliable metric but Collingwood leads it most years anyway. Collingwood regularly sets the annual attendance record and draws larger crowds over the journey, no one would dispute this because it's just the numbers and it's always been that way.

image-asset.png

Memberships fluctuate with success and are not a reliable metric but Collingwood leads it most years anyway. Collingwood regularly sets the annual attendance record and draws larger crowds over the journey, no one would dispute this because it's just the numbers and it's always been that way.

View attachment 2049192
IMG_1282.jpeg

View attachment 2049192
Richmond supporters would use membership numbers as a measuring stick to prove they're bigger than Collingwood, along with getting a 95k crowd to a final against GWS in 2017 and getting a million people through the gate in 1973.
I wasn't aware that Collingwood now had more members than Richmond, but at the same time, I'm not surprised given how fair weather the Tiger Army are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond supporters would use membership numbers as a measuring stick to prove they're bigger than Collingwood, along with getting a 95k crowd to a final against GWS in 2017 and getting a million people through the gate in 1973.
I wasn't aware that Collingwood now had more members than Richmond, but at the same time, I'm not surprised given how fair weather the Tiger Army are.
I spotted a Richmond supporter once and swerved... but he jumped out of the way.

Shame.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Back