Collingwood Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You deliver your $200 because you're not smart enough to realise these guys know much more than you do about the draft.

Honestly, what difference does it make that you haven't heard of him. Many people hadn't heard much of Daisy last year either.

Black, please say hello to Kettle.

Your singing the praises of an Irishman who's never played the game.

Come on get it together please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black, please say hello to Kettle.

Your singing the praises of an Irishman who's never played the game.

Come on get it together please.
I was under the impression that the praise of Martin Clarke was all tongue-in-cheek, but apparently not.

I guess I must really believe that the "MC" in "MC Labour Park" stands for "Martin Clarke" :rolleyes:

They haven't even pulled on the jumper yet, now is not the time to say its been a successful draft.
It was in response to a Hawthorn fan already suggesting that we've stuffed up...

People aren't saying the kids we picked are duds

Just they are the wrong positions to fill our needs

We may well have solved our backline issues due in the next few years but the game is won in the midfield, fact, and ours is sh*t

I was doing cartwheels this time last year

Have faith in the Hine.

We have Cook and Stanley who were underage players last year, so basically this will be their 1st year.

We have these young midfielders:

Pendles
Daisy
H Shaw
R Shaw
Swan
Egan
Didak
Illes
Cook
Stanley

We are building for the future. You can pick a midfielder next year and they could come straight in. Talls take time-2 to 3 years.

well personally , i'll be keeping my eye on the PSD and Rookie , we may take a keating or Bryan (pref keating) or we may opt for a Batsanis Or Prismall (if still available) , i still feel alot of good talent falls through to the psd and rookie and there is always a chance to find a absolute gem (e.g Cox , Sandilands , Davey or Micheal).

I have said we should go best availble but in moderation. I think we have just gone flat out best availble. With best availble it's hard to tell if the club has made a right decision. Where if you draft for needs you are appeased easily and immediatly. Hine is a ballsy recruiting manager.

Good mids are drafted every year. Look at last year, it was supposed to be quite an ordinary draft but we got Thomas and Pendlebury. However in saying that, if we looked to draft KPPs on purpose I wouldn't be happy.

Super quick talls, now can someone tell me what the problems are with that?
I heard the whinning whinging BF Collingwood clique going ape shyte because we had delisted so many and now they do the same thing when we draft better ones.

It's funny how midfielders win premierships....some times.. but then when it suits peoples arguments KPP win premierships.

KPP can't do ******** if the only way the ball gets to them is on the rebound which is how the majority of our goals are scored, we need a midfield that has numerous rotations that are all quality not 1 or 2 quality and a heap of hard workers but great blokes!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back