Collingwood Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Brown will be a good pick up would have preferred Armitage at 8, but we will just have to wait and see.

Reid will be a good get guys. was keen on him for the Crows.

196cm, with a 2.95(?) 20m sprint time. Give him a year in the gym and this guy will be a gem.

Brown on the otherhand is already a monster.... a damn quick monster.... :thumbsu:

Freud would have a field day with Collingwood selections.
Now there is Cox, Johnson, ******** & Goldsack in the same team.

If we can draft Matthew Ball in the PSD we'll have a D1ck, Sack and Ball.

The full set. Are there any Snatches or Burgers in the PSD?

As Mick as said Daisy and Pendles won't have a huge impact until 2009. All these guys would have filled out by then and we can draft mids next year.

This years draft was very strong in the KPPs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

p1ss off Polly.

parrott is a great tag for you because parrots repeat words mindlessly that others have taught them thru repitition.

remind me, which team won the last 2 wooden spoons and is going for the threepeat???

I always find Collingwoods early draft selections hugely entertaining. This year was no exception. The Pies have a slow aging midfield. Solution : pick 2 talls with the first 2 draft choices. :)
It was three talls with the first three picks.

As Judkins said, we played to our maximum potential last season, so we're needing to rebuild in many areas.

Wakes has one year left and Clemo, Rocca and Presti have a few decent years left barring injury, but have no standout immediate replacements (well, maybe Anthony & Travis Cloke). We traded away Tarrant.

What we have done and are doing, is not building for immediate success. We can target runners next year and in the mean time, Brown can bulk up some more, Ried (youngest player in draft) can bulk up and learn the game and Dawes can get over his knee reco and should be ready for some senior time in 2008.

Not even us supporters could pick our strategy. Having seen it play out, it is a good move IMO to think long term, especially with the quality of the talls on the table.

As Judkins said, we played to our maximum potential last season, so we're needing to rebuild in many areas.

Wakes has one year left and Clemo, Rocca and Presti have a few decent years left barring injury, but have no standout immediate replacements (well, maybe Anthony & Travis Cloke). We traded away Tarrant.

What we have done and are doing, is not building for immediate success. We can target runners next year and in the mean time, Brown can bulk up some more, Ried (youngest player in draft) can bulk up and learn the game and Dawes can get over his knee reco and should be ready for some senior time in 2008.

Not even us supporters could pick our strategy. Having seen it play out, it is a good move IMO to think long term, especially with the quality of the talls on the table.

I agree with much of that. I guess we have to place a bit of faith in our recruiters, but perhaps midfield is the Pies biggest problem. Pendlebury was your best pick last year by a long way , and he'll be a very good player. I won't comment on Thomas - because I'll get too many people upset. I'll just say that he's not a midfielder, unlike Pendlebury. Overlooking Ellis, Josh Kennedy and Dowler was a very very big call. What the Pies did do right, was offload a heap of duds. Still possible to unearth talent with latter draft picks. :)

After doing a bit more research and looking at it from a different veiw I think we have picked quite well (although I wasn't happy earlier) but still think we need a Ruck hopefully we use PSD10 on that 209cm ruck from WA, as Keating is too old and injury plagued and Bryan simply isnt big enough to have a dominant impact in the ruck.

Nathan Brown's highlight video on the C'wood website looks amazing! congrats.

Some of those packmarks are huge! I see glimpses of the second coming of the king in that vision! Put him straight to CHF, Rocca at FF, hes a monster, at 90kg's he's easily big enough to play next year.

http://bigpondguide.com/23886v_1_5_CTV+-+Nathan+Brown+highlights

4 words come to mind= Nail on the head

Dawes won't get bashed around next year and will be huge after a year in the Lexus centre.

Ryan Cook may turn out to be very good. A bottom aged player last year and could have gone high this year much like Brisbanes comments aroung young Sheldon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back