Collingwood members Grand Final ticket registration (Wed 19th Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood Members Grand Final ticketing registration this Wednesday 19th Sept

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com...INFORMATION---2012-TOYOTA-AFL-GRAND-FINAL/176

Priority One member registrations will be open between the following times:

Priority One members can register between 8am – 1pm EST Wednesday 19 September 2012.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com...-Member-Grand-Final-Ticketing-Information/194

Priority Two member registrations will be open between the following times:

Priority Two members can register between 2pm – 6pm EST Wednesday 19 September 2012.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com...-Member-Grand-Final-Ticketing-Information/193

Priority Three member registrations will be open between the following times:

Priority Three members can register between 7pm – 9pm EST Wednesday 19 September 2012.

http://membership.collingwoodfc.com...-Member-Grand-Final-Ticketing-Information/192

Just a quick question, I'm Priority 1 this year after being Priority 2 the last few years (and getting lucky), and the email I got said to select "including standing room" even for Priority 1 peeps. I would have thought standing room (which I got last year with P2) wouldn't be an option for P1 unless you wanted it.

tl;dr version

Anyone get standing room in the last two years in the P1 ballot?

Just a quick question, I'm Priority 1 this year after being Priority 2 the last few years (and getting lucky), and the email I got said to select "including standing room" even for Priority 1 peeps. I would have thought standing room (which I got last year with P2) wouldn't be an option for P1 unless you wanted it.

tl;dr version

I have been a Priority 1 member for the last 3 years and had the same concern as you but i have never heard of a Priority 1 member getting standing room tickets .

My wife and I are Legends Members. Last 2 years I dindn't elect to include standing room option. I got rubbish seats up near the scoreboard in the Ponsford both years but I got seats. For the replay I got 3rd row in the Northern Stand. I won't be including standing room this year.

I have always included Standing Room tickets and 1st GF was near the scoreboard in the Ponsford Stand top level , the replay and last yeards GF was ground level near the cheer squad . I dont think the Legends Membership is at capacity so you would think we would get allocated a seat before the other memberships had their turn for allocation .

tl;dr version

Legends members (priority 1) for a long time. I always choose the include standing room (just in case), 2010 got great ground level seats both games, last year crap seats 5 rows from the back of the olympic stand. Will keep including standing room just in case. There was a email after last years game I think that said no priority 2 ticket holders got better seats than priority 1, not sure if that is true or not, where did you get your priority 2 seats?

2010 GF : 2 rows back from the top of the ponny.
2010 Replay: 20 rows back from the goals in the ponny.
2011: Standing room in the Ponny.

So my experience matches up with the club claims.

I have a dilemna with tomorrows registration .

I am a Legends Member (Priority 1) and my neice is a Social Club Junior Member (Priority 2) .

I called the club to see if my neice could register with me , they said "Yes , but you give up a guaranteed GF ticket and go into the ballot for Priority 2" .

Has anyone ever given up their Priority 1 access and registered for Priority 2 to register with family/friends and missed out on a GF ticket altogether ?

From memory, was it around 60% of Priority 2 members got tickets last year? So yeah, it's a big risk. Dunno anyone who has done that before.

Anyway, just about to put my barcodes in, will select + standing room in the unlikely event.

Just tried to register and will not accept my P-1 barcodes. Saying both mine and my son's are invalid?? Anyone else having problems? These are the same barcodes that have been working OK to purchase tickets for the previous 2 finasl matches and we are Legends' members.

Just tried to register and will not accept my P-1 barcodes. Saying both mine and my son's are invalid?? Anyone else having problems? These are the same barcodes that have been working OK to purchase tickets for the previous 2 finasl matches and we are Legends' members.
OK, problem solved, rang the club and the recorded message about the registration process had the answer. As we are AFL members with Collingwood Legends' upgrade I needed to use the AFL member barcodes, so beware of this trick.

I ended up registering with a family friend who is a P1 Member . I will register my neice for P2 , if we all get tickets , ill let my neice sit with the family friends and ill sit in her seat . Go Pies !!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I registered this morning, and followed the advice to "include standing room" tickets, but I'd better not get standing. We selected Legends membership specifically to be able to take our kids to the GF if we get in, but there's no way I'm taking a 3 and 9 year old to a packed MCG and be in the standing area with all the drunks.

So many legends members seem to get seats right up the back of the top level, which just doesn't sound right, given that they are priority 1 and you would assume should be given the very best seats that the club has been allocated for members.

My theory is that the extra GF seats the clubs got last year were all rubbish - it makes sense to me that if the AFL were able to "find" seats that they wouldn't be great ones. There are extra seats again this year and I bet they are all at the top of the stands. At the same time we increased the numbers of legends members, so the chances for priority one members getting a good seat has lessened. It would be interesting to find out the break down of member seats for each category.

Still would be happy to watch it from on top of the roof if we win.

Just a tip for you all...... If by some chance you miss out on a GF ticket, but a concession ticket becomes available (someone on selling it). If you take it to the ticket box office at the ground on the day of the game you can ask for an up-grade to full adult. You just pay the diff between the two. Finals are the only times they really check to see you have a concession card to enter with concession ticket.
A mates up-graded from concession to full adult past two years with no problems.
So don't ever dismiss buying a concession ticket if you get the chance

2002 - ballot as a general member. Top of the old Ponsford about 3/4 up.
2003 - general member. scalped. bottom deck of the gss near the old race. $300
2010 #1 - bought a package as a social club member ($1400), got a ticket in the ballot. Gave to old man one of the tickets. Essentially wasted a lot of money.
2010 #2 - social club member as stated above, meant I was priority 1 for the replay. Got top of the Ponsford. Q29, Row F, Seat 4. Will never forget that seat.
2011 - social club member, got standing room as priority 2.
2012 - legends member, priority 1...

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood members Grand Final ticket registration (Wed 19th Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back