Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

Fred Phillis said:
i will...have seen it done before (namely blight with the crows, late home and away rounds, 1998 v kangaroos, AAMI...we lost and blight barely made a move...)

Blight!!!!!!!! 1998!!!!!!!!!!

Frickin' Hell, I thought we were talking about last Saturday and Craig David.

Hadders said:
so you're admitting that the crows flood?

where did I ever say that collingwood didn't flood? Nowhere. The thing that ****es me off is Adelaide supporters who get all high and mighty and claim that their team plays attractive footy because they don't flood "they drop men back". So before you call someone a hypocrite look it up in the dictionary or even better ask one of your fellow crows fans, they know all about it.

we do play an attractive style of footy, we just get pyssed off that everyone says we win because we flood, which is a load of sh*t!

fryingpan said:
we do play an attractive style of footy, we just get pyssed off that everyone says we win because we flood, which is a load of sh*t!

are there it is the party line from crows supporters:

We play an attractive style of footy
We don't flood, we drop men back:rolleyes:

crackers57 said:
F*** me dead, of course you think it's attractive, you're winning.

it is attractive, we don't just win games because we drop men back or flood as you like to call it, sure you could say this if our FOR score was below average but we have the highest friggin FOR score so it shows we attack well as well as defend brilliantly.

fryingpan said:
it is attractive, we don't just win games because we drop men back or flood as you like to call it, sure you could say this if our FOR score was below average but we have the highest friggin FOR score so it shows we attack well as well as defend brilliantly.

I think you'll find that for most of this season Collingwood have also been at the top of attacking teams.

fryingpan said:
i'm aware of that, that's why i was annoyed that they played that negative brand of footy on saturday night.

You play the way you best think will bring you a win. You know like when Collingwood played Adelaide the first time. When Collingwood were on top early, did adelaide keep playing "attractive" football?

Were they "too scared" to take them on in a shootout, Arrowman?

Amusing thread. Personally I was happy MM learnt from his mistakes at the selection table in round 1 and the failure to adopt any sort of remedial tactic to the Crows negative keep the ball to stop the scoring and flooding. Very disappointed to come up short but encouraging in some ways at the same time. Not much from the key forwards inside 50 and a long period of getting belted in the centre breaks for a 4 point loss is a million miles from disaster. I am well and truly over worrying about flooding. It is part of the game now and Adelaide and Collingwood do it just like everyone else. What I did like was the return to one on one pressure by Collingwood but without the sole reliance on it.

I reckon Adelaide gained nothing from the game but Collingwood gained a bit. So long as we close the season out we be there for a week 1 or 3 rematch with plenty of confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent read the whole thread but I watched the game on Saturday night and I have to say if i read any adelaide or collingwood supporter dare have a go at the way Sydney play well look no further than Saturday nights match.

1 goal in 60 mins, by golly by jingo i thought i was watching the world cup again.

Diego said:
I havent read the whole thread but I watched the game on Saturday night and I have to say if i read any adelaide or collingwood supporter dare have a go at the way Sydney play well look no further than Saturday nights match.

1 goal in 60 mins, by golly by jingo i thought i was watching the world cup again.

Who's having a go at Sydney? That style of game won you a flag last year didn't it? Now every team has used the flood this year because they have seen what it can do.. Personally I hate it, boring as all hell to watch but I tell ya what, I was on the edge of my seat the whole game on Saturday...

If only Tarrant kicked the ball 1 metre further and got the goal instead of it being touched on the line... still spewin' about that!

HotPies! said:
Who's having a go at Sydney? That style of game won you a flag last year didn't it? Now every team has used the flood this year because they have seen what it can do.. Personally I hate it, boring as all hell to watch but I tell ya what, I was on the edge of my seat the whole game on Saturday...

Its great to watch live and it reminded me of last years Grand Final, but when i watch the reply of the grand final i get bored and just play the last chapter when Leo takes the mark! :D

ollie73 said:
hahahahahahhahahahhahahaha!! you absolute knobhead!!!

I'm sure the tactic you just described is FLOODING!! So what Adelaide employs is a FLOOD, until they receive possession, then they run forward??

What an original concept!!

Obviously, by your own comments, you were lucky we couldn't perform it well, otherwise you would have got a spanking, seeing as the margin was a whopping 4 points!!!
I'm quite certain the crows would have flooded given the opportunity and there would have been a fair amount of times they did but they would have been cut out alot by the super flood.
Collingwood played their super flood well, noone slacked off and let someone get loose except McGregor at one stage like 50 metres out no great win in forward movement there, was an excellent pass and McGregor quite often somehow becomes an invisible man in the forward line.
There is far to much presumptions flying about, the crows flood everyone does the crows don't superflood though from what I've seen the richmond game they came close to but were mostly just unaccountable for richmond at half back.
They are all just tactics, being annoyed at the slowness or ugliness of the game I feel is stupid.
The problem is not trying to counter the super-flood with run and long kicking and too much hesitation.
A team comes to try and win they employ a tactic like that to do so and nearly come through, Adelaide was a rabble that barely scraped through with horrible innacuracy.

fryingpan said:
but collingwood's style of play was boring and disgraceful

i expect that from bottom 8 sides, like when the roos played that crap against us but not from a potential top 4 side.

adelaide OWNS collingwood :D

thats just a stupid comment mate, so does that mean that we are west coast's bitch??? or a few years ago we where ports whore??? since they beat so many times in a row???

crows_4_life said:
thats just a stupid comment mate, so does that mean that we are west coast's bitch??? or a few years ago we where ports whore??? since they beat so many times in a row???

um yes actually west coast have been dominant against us and for the time being we are their bit*hes yes

MarkT said:
Amusing thread. Personally I was happy MM learnt from his mistakes at the selection table in round 1 and the failure to adopt any sort of remedial tactic to the Crows negative keep the ball to stop the scoring and flooding. Very disappointed to come up short but encouraging in some ways at the same time. Not much from the key forwards inside 50 and a long period of getting belted in the centre breaks for a 4 point loss is a million miles from disaster. I am well and truly over worrying about flooding. It is part of the game now and Adelaide and Collingwood do it just like everyone else. What I did like was the return to one on one pressure by Collingwood but without the sole reliance on it.

I reckon Adelaide gained nothing from the game but Collingwood gained a bit. So long as we close the season out we be there for a week 1 or 3 rematch with plenty of confidence.

Considering Collingwood completely wasted 2 easy goals in a low scoring match - Buckley and Fraser failing to handball over the top - I think there is a fair bit they can take out of the match.

If that match is played on the MCG I think it is 50/50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood should be embarrassed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back