List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Just hope no club gives Geelong a 2nd rounder for next year then they will have no option but to trade 7 if they want both Henry and Bruhn.
Pick 7 for Bruhn and Pick 15
Pick 15 for Henry
Geelong still get Bruhn Henry Bowes for a future 2nd rounder.
There's a swans poster in the bruhn thread on drafts board doing Geelong bidding

Guys it was said by Matt Rendell...I mean come on...your team is the one that fired him due to his incompetence.

I very much doubt Ollie's manager would have said this today, if we'd offered that - as rightly, talks would have stopped and that would have leaked to the media much like the Dunkley saga:

"Both sides have been in negotiations since the beginning of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with talks according to McConville "moving in the right direction" to send the 20-year-old to the reigning premiers.

McConville shed some light on Henry's decision when speaking to AFL.com.au's Callum Twomey and Riley Beveridge on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Thursday, saying his decision came down to choosing the environment he believes he can flourish in – while also being closer to family."

Doesn't sound like Wright is that pissed off with Mackie if talks are continuing. Either it was an opening gambit days ago,, like the Dockers and their pick in the 30's bluff for Clark, or, and much more likely, Rendell as per usual is just creating s**t out of thin air for clicks and controversy.

Mackie is a massive campaigner, to be fair.

That is not a certainty. Lots of players have requested trades then ended up staying.
Papley stayed for instance.
Ryan O'Keefe stayed and ended up a premiership player.
True, but pretty sure neither wanted to play with their brother, i just have this gut feeling Ollie is never going to give us 100% ,and will always be a go home factor. Should have been looked into before we drafted him, a total waste of pick 14.

Guys it was said by Matt Rendell...I mean come on...your team is the one that fired him due to his incompetence.

I very much doubt Ollie's manager would have said this today, if we'd offered that - as rightly, talks would have stopped and that would have leaked to the media much like the Dunkley saga:

"Both sides have been in negotiations since the beginning of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with talks according to McConville "moving in the right direction" to send the 20-year-old to the reigning premiers.

McConville shed some light on Henry's decision when speaking to AFL.com.au's Callum Twomey and Riley Beveridge on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Thursday, saying his decision came down to choosing the environment he believes he can flourish in – while also being closer to family."

Doesn't sound like Wright is that pissed off with Mackie if talks are continuing. Either it was an opening gambit days ago,, like the Dockers and their pick in the 30's bluff for Clark, or, and much more likely, Rendell as per usual is just creating s**t out of thin air for clicks and controversy.
It's a game of strategy, trading and Geelong probably wanted to start with their lowball offer.

GW would look silly if he accepted anything less than a first round selection. Almost all journalists have given their support to us. Sam Edmund has confirmed the rumour and if it were made up, I think Geelong would've come out and said something.

Fingers crossed something can be sorted out but when SEN are saying that we should walk him to the PSD, that's fairly indicative Collingwood is doing the right thing.

Just hope no club gives Geelong a 2nd rounder for next year then they will have no option but to trade 7 if they want both Henry and Bruhn.
Pick 7 for Bruhn and Pick 15
Pick 15 for Henry
Geelong still get Bruhn Henry Bowes for a future 2nd rounder.
The way Mackie has been acting, no clubs are going to want to do him any favours so I can’t see anyone willing to trade them that pick tbh.

True, but pretty sure neither wanted to play with their brother, i just have this gut feeling Ollie is never going to give us 100% ,and will always be a go home factor. Should have been looked into before we drafted him, a total waste of pick 14.
If all recruiters looked for reasons NOT to recruit players, they wouldn't recruit anyone.

And it was pick 17 from memory.

If all recruiters looked for reasons NOT to recruit players, they wouldn't recruit anyone.

And it was pick 17 from memory.
You’re both right, it was pick 14, pushed out to 17 by compo/academy/FS.

I see Fox is reporting GC are looking at Caleb Poulter possibly as part of a Fiorini trade - former Pick 30 (2020) with 12 senior games (2021) ......about to turn 20, 194cm "rangy" wingman...I guess his contract status indicates we are open to possible trades (having not yet offerred a contract)? Thoughts?

Fiorini is a salary dump.
We'd want more than just a swap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF, Jackson, Dunkley all seem to have to drop for others to proceed. The waiting game is on. Then there is Geelong.....🤦🏼‍♂️.

Grundy and Henry especially. Why should we do anything until we know what the best picks available are next week? Happy to have Henry deal done just before deadline. Grundy i want the best Melbourne can offer when Jackson is sorted which again may be last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JHF, Jackson, Dunkley all seem to have to drop for others to proceed. The waiting game is on. Then there is Geelong.....🤦🏼‍♂️.

Grundy and Henry especially. Why should we do anything until we know what the best picks available are next week? Happy to have Henry deal done just before deadline. Grundy i want the best Melbourne can offer when Jackson is sorted which again may be last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm hoping we can play a bit hardball with Grundy once Jackson is traded. Melbourne will absolutely need Grundy as they have no other ruck backups.

But knowing us, we'll probably roll over for pick 27.

The onus is really on the Cats and Henry's management to get things happening on his move there. Henry has instigated it (I'm sure with Geelong's backing) and we have stated we want to keep him. I'm happy for GW and co to hold out here as long as possible. I know he is out of contract but it's up to the Cats to satisfy us. If they can't then Henry decides if he re-signs for a year with us or takes his chances in the drafts. I'm happy to get nothing (over a pick 25 plus) if it came to that.

Reckon Grundy wage is holding up all of our other potential trades.
Nothing will happen until Jackson trade is finalised.
& with Freo acting like campaigners over their big deals (Lobb/Jackson etc) it could drag right out until the death.

Reckon the Frampton/Fiorini deals get done once Rankine goes through. Think we may be waiting on some of the picks involved in the Rankine transaction (future pick swaps) to be involved with our deals.

It was pick 14 that ended up 17 after matched bids, we will have to agree to disagree
What are you disagreeing about, he went at pick 17 so he is a pick 17, thilthorpe is pick 2 because he went after Ugle Hagan, he isn't pick 1, happens every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back