List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

For those wanting Grundy out, he played his guts out on ANZAC day, if he can get back to some good form it would be money well spent. Can't see McStay being worth the money that's been thrown around.

For those wanting Grundy out, he played his guts out on ANZAC day, if he can get back to some good form it would be money well spent. Can't see McStay being worth the money that's been thrown around.
Probably have to do better than 'some good form' to justify somewhere close to $1 million a year over another 4 years, though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are being honest - talent wise thats an overall loss.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
You aren’t factoring in any kids we draft with the picks we get for them. We are adding depth in lacking areas for free trade wise, and will have multiple picks to add high end talent in the draft. I think it’s a good approach. Re Henry, I’m sure the club would prefer he stays but if he wants $ he can leave. I’ve been a big fan of his, but have almost accepted it.

Last edited:
Grundy was soundly beaten by Draper for 3 quarters of that game and was pretty average against some of the lesser lights in the games prior. It's arguable that McStay had a better overall game as a makeshift ruckman, in an elimination final against a seasoned Nankervis.

Grundy was soundly beaten by Draper for 3 quarters of that game and was pretty average against some of the lesser lights in the games prior. It's arguable that McStay had a better overall game as a makeshift ruckman, in an elimination final against a seasoned Nankervis.
And yet Grundy spanked Draper when the game was there to be won in the last QTR, and did it on one leg.
Not sure it it says more about Draper or Grundy.

And yet Grundy spanked Draper when the game was there to be won in the last QTR, and did it on one leg.
I’m tipping Draper got a tongue lashing for not being able to dominate an injured Grundy, at the most important stage of the game.
The game was there to be a won from the first bounce spinny.

With Grundy going, do we go into next season with Cameron, Cox and Begg (and Kreuger and McStay) as ruck stocks, or do we grab another cheap ruckman for cover? I'm sure there'll be a fringe ruckman delisted, or somebody from the lower leagues that we can pick up as a rookie.

Having been at the game yes Draper had the better of Reg just like Essendon had the better of the entire team for over half the game then a guy (on one leg) said not on my watch and took it too Draper and helped us over the line. I won't forget how he willed his body to get the win but you certainly have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back