List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we somehow flip 22 in to a live pick we can use this year in the second round, it’s a poor outcome. There’s more to this than just points comparison, we shouldn’t be sacrificing an early second rounder for points that can be accumulated in other ways.
The next step is to line up some trades to do live on draft night. The Pies will have 2-3 trades lined up on trade night to get back into next years draft. Which trade they do will depend on at what pick Daicos goes at.

Last edited:
Unless we somehow flip 22 in to a live pick we can use this year in the second round, it’s a poor outcome. There’s more to this than just points comparison, we shouldn’t be sacrificing an early second rounder for points that can be accumulated in other ways.

So are you upset with using next years 2nd round pick? Or is it the fact that we now have our own second round pick this year, but won't get to use it?
Which one irks you more?

Early days, but I see this as a clue that maybe Fly and Wright want to make more sweeping changes than we'd expected. Or maybe they're just collecting points.

Really, there's no fear of 22 being used on Daicos.

If the SANFL is so bad, what makes Horne so good 😬. Mccreery was drafted from SANFL for tackling pressure which he’s translated perfectly fine at AFL level. I’m down with giving Stengle a crack

Horne is the next Walsh, inside outside, kicks goals, freak athlete

I honestly don't know whyy we did this trade now instead of after the Daicos bid.

This way not only do we not get to keep 22, we also have more assets for WBD/Geelong to take for Kreuger/Lipinski, so we can't pretend to be poor anymore and threaten PSD.

Its more that we did this trade before seeing if there were any takers for the flotsam on the list that may have given us the requisite Daicos points.

its a pick at the start of the 2nd round, Early 3rd and early 4th round for our 2nd,3rd and 4th next year. If we are lucky enough and north don’t bid on daics we will have a late first/early 2nd this year. Seems like a pretty fair deal to me.
I don't think we will have an early 2nd pick this year as the rules state we have to use 22 on Daicos points

I honestly don't know whyy we did this trade now instead of after the Daicos bid.

This way not only do we not get to keep 22, we also have more assets for WBD/Geelong to take for Kreuger/Lipinski, so we can't pretend to be poor anymore and threaten PSD.
Maybe the club are trying to get the players we've commited to taking to the club rather than making them to wait to the uncertainty of a PSD.

Why do we have to pretend to be poor. We just don't pay overs or the deals don't go ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some proper melts in here, lets wait until the end of trade period before declaring Wright as Ned Guy mk2.

Agree. It's Day 1 of the Trade Period and the Suns Trade with Picks has not Officially been done yet

At the moment what I see:

Pies get: Poulter, Mcmahon and Daicos.

Pies lost: 2020 Round 2, 2021 round 1, 2021 round 2 and 2022 round 2.

Am I missing something?
Good chance these picks play a part in Lipinski and Kreugar as we now have spare picks. Didn't the club on trade last year so it got Mcreery too?

We only lose a 2nd and 3rd, while gaining this years 2nd, 3rd, and 2 4ths. (given we gain a 4th when losing one so thats not a loss)

In this sense it’s not about the overall deal it’s almost entirely about 22 and how it relates to our current situation.

That’s the jewel in the crown of the trade and on face value we’ve done well if we get it, but the catch is it’s a bit late to move into the 2022 draft then move back in to 2021 and still use it as quality post a Daicos bid (say pick 25). The flip side is it’s a bit early to be using as points towards a bid on Daicos because the sweet spot is probably 5 picks in the 30-50 range (if we can juggle our list spots).

I think the value clubs place on Lynch will ultimately determine how successful we are at ticking the boxes I have. For instance if Lynch goes to the Hawks and we can turn 36 into say 24 in the process then we’re away. I’ve been pretty staunch that my boxes would be Daicos (no deficit), a top 25 pick, Lipinski and Kreuger.

This is a good deal under the assumption that pick 22 doesn’t just get eaten up by the bid.

If it does it really is a shocking result.

100% it will get Eaten Up unless it's Involved in another Trade

We only lose a 2nd and 3rd, while gaining this years 2nd, 3rd, and 2 4ths. (given we gain a 4th when losing one so thats not a loss)

But we already had a bunch of late picks for points which… are now somewhat redundant given we match using our next pick first… don’t we?

So best outcome is that a bid comes later for Daicos and we keep a few of our current third rounders we had stashed, but lose our 2022 second which is now #22 (2021)? Yuck.

Worst case is that we have to match a bid at #1 but we at least don’t downgrade our 2022 first… hmmmm.

Someone please tell me we haven’t just gone and “protected” 4 x picks in the 40’s and 50’s with a future 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back