List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On McStay who wouldn't want the guy holding down CHF in the best attack in the competition, an idiot, that's who.

That's the point, I don't think he makes us significantly better, but we would have to spend considerable coin to get him. No thanks

Why would we have to Over Pay for Him?

I think I’d rather get Logue on the cheap,play him on the backline,and move Moore onto the forward line,then break the bank to get Mcstay,

What makes you think Freo will let Logue go on the cheap? He’s not a FA afaik.

Well if you don't want him you're an idiot, ask yourself why every club in Melbourne are after him, they're not idiots those are my words.
What stats of his scream he’s worth money? This is his so called break out year? He’s kicked 10goals at an average of 1.3 in the second best team with support in Daniher taking the best defender. Checkers in a bottom 6 club has double that and 0 support. He’s bog average for marks inside 50 and goals. To use another posters phrase, he can mcstay in Brisbane. Happy to be called an idiot for not wanting to throw money at Jessie white 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McStay be no worse then what we have now really
Is that what we’re aiming for with a $600k free agent Dave? “No worse than what we have now”?

If heaven forbid we pick up a young key forward in the draft, a mcstay might be a good buffer so the young one can develop and not be smashed from early on.
Kreuger, Mihocek and Cameron should be sufficient cover for that and we already have them, so… 🤷🏻

Logue should be our #1 trade target, then draft the best available key forward with our 1st pick. Hence we need to acquire a 2nd 1st as currency.

Logue should be our #1 trade target, then draft the best available key forward with our 1st pick. Hence we need to acquire a 2nd 1st as currency.
As currency? For Logue? He’s in his what, 6th year and still fringe at Fremantle, if Freo demand a first for him they can forget about it. A future second should comfortably get a deal done, similar to WHE when we traded for him.

A guy who can't get on the park, a guy who isn't a key forward who hasn't played AFL, and a guy who hasn't played the position in his life. I wish I had your faith!

Pragmatism, not faith. We already have these guys. And I’ve seen enough to remain optimistic on all 3. But I just don’t rate McStay for the sort of money he’d want to relocate south. It’s that sort of thinking that sees us with just another overpaid NQR type on the list. Draft and be patient imho.

Pragmatism, not faith. We already have these guys. And I’ve seen enough to remain optimistic on all 3. But I just don’t rate McStay for the sort of money he’d want to relocate south. It’s that sort of thinking that sees us with just another overpaid NQR type on the list. Draft and be patient imho.
We need another Kreuger priced stop gap. I quite like McLean from Sydney - hoping Logan McDonald pushes him out of the Swans team.

As currency? For Logue? He’s in his what, 6th year and still fringe at Fremantle, if Freo demand a first for him they can forget about it. A future second should comfortably get a deal done, similar to WHE when we traded for him.

Wow Freo have bugger all picks this year, their first and a fourth. Might make them more amenable to a deal?

What makes you think Freo will let Logue go on the cheap? He’s not a FA afaik.
He's out of contract.
That significantly limits their ability to demand anything. Buyers market in this instance.
Also Freo won't have good picks in pre season draft....so that may help whomever trades for him.

Honestly its a late 2nd (or future 2nd) or early 3rd (similar to lipinski).
Especially if he doesn't play in the back half of the year.

Id be ok with a future 2nd....mostly because it ties our hand from trading our future first this year on some stupid idea!
Logue would just be a bonus to that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back