List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom green. End of 2023. Get it done

Harry McKay is only contracted until the end of next year which takes him into free agency. Won't turn 25 until 24 Dec of that year... If this current injury isn't an ongoing issue and he plays good footy he'll have a ton of clubs sniffing around and I hope we're one of them. Prior to last year his scoring output was somewhat limited but some of that can be out down to being a young tall forward in a terrible Carlton team. Plus obviously this would guy Carlton supporters. It's an unlikely one but you have to have a crack.

Tom Green is the other one. OOC next year and would give us 10 years of top shelf footy. He's a nice height too, so could come forward for a spell to present another target. GWS won't win a flag any time soon IMO. And I wouldn't worry too much about the Richmond connection. Very few players these days make career decisions based on those sorts of factors.

You obviously can't just recruit an endless amount of stars without destroying your cap, but the recruitment team have neglected to recruit enough quality key talls and they take years to develop.

Josh Battle uncontracted at the end of the year.

He can play down back or as the 3rd KPF.

Mihocek, Kreuger & Battle is a very agile forward line or he replaces Howe in defence.

Attachments

• BE492754-4C82-4032-B5AF-83B709B71F57.png
    BE492754-4C82-4032-B5AF-83B709B71F57.png
    135 KB · Views: 33
I looked through GWS and Gold Coast squads a few days ago. There doesn’t seem to be another Peter Wright in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry McKay is only contracted until the end of next year which takes him into free agency. Won't turn 25 until 24 Dec of that year... If this current injury isn't an ongoing issue and he plays good footy he'll have a ton of clubs sniffing around and I hope we're one of them. Prior to last year his scoring output was somewhat limited but some of that can be out down to being a young tall forward in a terrible Carlton team. Plus obviously this would guy Carlton supporters. It's an unlikely one but you have to have a crack.

Tom Green is the other one. OOC next year and would give us 10 years of top shelf footy. He's a nice height too, so could come forward for a spell to present another target. GWS won't win a flag any time soon IMO. And I wouldn't worry too much about the Richmond connection. Very few players these days make career decisions based on those sorts of factors.

You obviously can't just recruit an endless amount of stars without destroying your cap, but the recruitment team have neglected to recruit enough quality key talls and they take years to develop.
I hope we are after Harry and Ben , one back one forward would help our kpp stocks

I looked through GWS and Gold Coast squads a few days ago. There doesn’t seem to be another Peter Wright in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh yes, can’t believe how many people were not wanting to take him saying Cox was the better option. Wright has kicked 52 goals since joining Essendon and in that time Cox has 8.

Ahh yes, can’t believe how many people were not wanting to take him saying Cox was the better option. Wright has kicked 52 goals since joining Essendon and in that time Cox has 8.

We let a lot get away.

Two big talls seem to be the way it’s going these days. It’s a way of spreading the opposition defenders so they can limit the use of team defense. We’d need to look at gaining at least two guys.

Yeah we should target Paddy Dow, his inside clearance work will complement the outside class of Daicos, Macrae, etc perfectly.

Probably wouldn't cost more than a late 2nd/early 3rd on mediocre AFL salary either.

Similar case to Lyons/Brodie, clear talent but underutilised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we should target Paddy Dow, his inside clearance work will complement the outside class of Daicos, Macrae, etc perfectly.

Probably wouldn't cost more than a late 2nd/early 3rd on mediocre AFL salary either.

How can u even suggest that without vomiting in your mouth

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Brisbane: Darcy Gardiner
Collingwood: Jordan De Goey
Essendon: Kyle Langford
Fremantle: Alex Pearce
Hawthorn: James Sicily
Melbourne: Angus Brayshaw
Richmond: Kane Lambert
Sydney: Lance Franklin

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

*Previously delisted
^Previously a free agent

ADELAIDE​

Ben Davis*
Mitch Hinge*
Taylor Walker

BRISBANE

Ryan Lester
Daniel McStay
Mitch Robinson*
Dayne Zorko

CARLTON​

Matt Cottrell*
Ed Curnow
Oscar McDonald*
Jack Newnes^
Lochie O'Brien*

COLLINGWOOD​

Isaac Chugg*
Mason Cox
Jamie Elliott
Jordan Roughead^

ESSENDON​

Dyson Heppell
Michael Hurley
Alec Waterman*

FREMANTLE​

Bailey Banfield*
Connor Blakely*
Mitch Crowden*
David Mundy

GEELONG​

Luke Dahlhaus^
Tom Hawkins
Shaun Higgins^
Joel Selwood
Isaac Smith^

GOLD COAST​

Levi Casboult*
Charlie Constable*
Jez McLennan*

GWS GIANTS​

Jarrod Brander*
Matt De Boer*
Lachlan Keeffe*
Adam Kennedy
Daniel Lloyd*
Zach Sproule*
Jake Stein*
Jacob Wehr*

HAWTHORN​

Jack Gunston
Kyle Hartigan*
Daniel Howe
Ben McEvoy
Liam Shiels

MELBOURNE​

Mitch Brown*
Majak Daw*
Jayden Hunt

NORTH MELBOURNE​

Ben Cunnington
Todd Goldstein
Kyron Hayden*
Tom Lynch*
Kayne Turner
Josh Walker*

PORT ADELAIDE​

Karl Amon
Travis Boak
Trent Dumont*
Robbie Gray
Sam Mayes*
Trent McKenzie*
Steven Motlop^
Sam Skinner*

RICHMOND​

Trent Cotchin
Shane Edwards
Ben Miller*
Bigoa Nyuon*
Matthew Parker*
Jack Riewoldt

ST KILDA​

Tom Campbell*
Jarryn Geary
Darragh Joyce*
Jarrod Lienert*
Mason Wood*

SYDNEY​

Harry Cunningham
Robbie Fox*
Josh Kennedy
Jake Lloyd
Paddy McCartin*
Sam Naismith
Sam Reid
Lewis Taylor*

WEST COAST​

Hugh Dixon*
Shannon Hurn
Jamaine Jones*
Tom Joyce*
Josh Kennedy
Patrick Naish*
Nic Naitanui
Jackson Nelson
Luke Shuey
Luke Strnadica*

WESTERN BULLDOGS​

Zaine Cordy
Bailey Dale
Caleb Daniel
Taylor Duryea^
Jason Johannisen
Tom Liberatore
Stefan Martin^
Toby McLean
Mitch Wallis
The decision to let Lachie keefe go has always annoyed me. They tried to make him a forward after his 2 year hiatus, when he had previously shown promise as a key defender. Been pretty good for the giants, would of been handy the last 5 years

The decision to let Lachie keefe go has always annoyed me. They tried to make him a forward after his 2 year hiatus, when he had previously shown promise as a key defender. Been pretty good for the giants, would of been handy the last 5 years

I really liked Keeffe and the move forward was daft. But he'd drop his head when he'd have a couple kicked on him and be garbage the rest of the game. I always thought you needed to be more resilient than that to be a top defender. I can't believe he's still in the system at 32 tbh.

That would be the ultimate.

It would also allow us to focus all our attention in this years draft at key position prospects.
He’s the one I’d sell the farm for. With him and daicos we’d be set up midfield for 10 years. Issue I see now with Cameron leaving, Clarkson might take the job and stabilise them a bit more

One of the worst kicks I have ever seen. No thanks.

Tim Taranto would be a great get.

Reilly O'Brien omitted... do we have a South Australian ruckman who we could trade>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back