List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the North board.

I’ve been told that he has lowballed Xerri and really p***** him off. When I say lowball, I mean 1 year extension and on a marginal wage increase. This is despite the club telling him he’s the #1 ruck moving forward.

Xerri has a lot of interest elsewhere & “apparently” Luff has stopped communication with his manager given they want to talk about trade options.

Goldy wants out.

A bit of a trend surfacing with Glenn…

We have history there with mis management especially with Tazz & Brown. So it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

I also had heard a whisper that Zurhaar and his manager werent at all too happy with the length of extension he was initially offered but they are still working through that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pies need to get into McKays ear and get him out of there.
100% the bloke I'd be targeting out of Arden St. Only 24 years old and turning into an A-Grade KPD (if not already), and would fill the Roughead-replacement hole we've been searching for.

OOC at the end of 2023, what do you think he would cost?

Please be mindful quoting posters from another board is against the rules.
By all means use their content, just don’t tag the poster in here by quoting them.
Here is an example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horne-Francis would currently have a a 2 year deal right? So putting it off to the end of this year is a little bit of a non-story.

Absolutely. We recently extended a few youngsters at the beginning of their second year - still got a few to go. Did we extend any of them in the middle of their first year?

Even less to begin with supposedly. $500k

Something doesn't add up though - doesn't seem to make sense that his trade price was basically free and GC are paying a decent chunk. If both of those are true, Essendon did very well indeed.

He was a salary dump. It was more beneficial for GC to get a portion of his $$ off the books asap than to hold out for a good trade deal that wasn’t forthcoming apparently. Not really much different to us with Phillips.

He was a salary dump. It was more beneficial for GC to get a portion of his $$ off the books asap than to hold out for a good trade deal that wasn’t forthcoming apparently. Not really much different to us with Phillips.
I get it, but that suggests that they dumped the majority of his salary - rather than paying a significant amount of it - unless they were in real salary cap strife.

Pies need to get into McKays ear and get him out of there.
Perfect strong defensive full-back to allow Moore to dominate at CHB once again. Would add a bit of spice to the Pies vs Blues rivalry too (if they ever decide to play against each other)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back