List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh, I agree with your last sentence. I’m thinking if we lost De Goey via FA and brought in Taranto, would we better / worse off?
I would say slighty worse off at least in the short term because DeGoey is a bit more of a game changer. But long term better off because Taranto is younger, in an age catagory that better suits our rebuild and I see him an a very good replacement for Adams long term and at worst a solid forward/mid option but not quite as dynamic as DeGoey in that role. I like Taranto but I am no expert so maybe Im wrong.

The talk of Ben McKay as a 2023 FA has piqued my interest. If we can get a bookend through FA that would be huge and the age profile is perfect.

The talk of Ben McKay as a 2023 FA has piqued my interest. If we can get a bookend through FA that would be huge and the age profile is perfect.

You've gotta imagine a few will want out of North too. McKay is a great like-for-like replacement for Roughead also.

You've gotta imagine a few will want out of North too. McKay is a great like-for-like replacement for Roughead also.
I hope we’re getting in his ear already. A team clearly on an upward trajectory, with a spot that’s his for the taking if he wants it, and an opportunity to play on the biggest stages vs crowds of 20 at Norf games.

One of the worst kicks I have ever seen. No thanks.
One of the worst arguments I have ever heard.

Which of the top players are a good kick? Patrick Cripps? Clayton Oliver? Ollie Wines?

Which of the 2 examples I mentioned were good kicks? Brodie? Lyons?

If the player in discussion has great kicking skills in addition to being a contested beast, the player would be worth multiple 1sts instead of being cheap enough for us to afford.

have we got Tom Green yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we should target Paddy Dow, his inside clearance work will complement the outside class of Daicos, Macrae, etc perfectly.

Probably wouldn't cost more than a late 2nd/early 3rd on mediocre AFL salary either.

Similar case to Lyons/Brodie, clear talent but underutilised.
I know his VFL numbers are great, but so are Callum Brown's.

And as someone who's watched a lot of Blues games, honestly, Callum looks the better prospect of the two. And I'm no Cal fan.

Which of the top players are a good kick? Patrick Cripps? Clayton Oliver? Ollie Wines?
Clayton Oliver is a great kick now.
Please don’t throw stats at me, I don’t rate them.
I‘ve seen him hit blokes on the chest many a time and is not fussed swinging on his left to do it.
A far cry from when he first started.

One of the worst arguments I have ever heard.

Which of the 2 examples I mentioned were good kicks? Brodie? Lyons?

If the player in discussion has great kicking skills in addition to being a contested beast, the player would be worth multiple 1sts instead of being cheap enough for us to afford.
They all have some level of kicking, I’m sorry but Dow has zero and if he did, he would make it into that Carlton side no matter how stacked their midfield is.

I’m after well rounded quality, we already have Taylor Adam’s why add someone who is poorer in the position?

For such a high draft pick he’s a below average plodder that should be avoided.

They all have some level of kicking, I’m sorry but Dow has zero and if he did, he would make it into that Carlton side no matter how stacked their midfield is.

I’m after well rounded quality, we already have Taylor Adam’s why add someone who is poorer in the position?

For such a high draft pick he’s a below average plodder that should be avoided.
You would add him because Carlton are poor at developing players and at another AFL club he would potentially improve and become an AFL standard player with athletic traits that give him a point of difference in his game. You would recruit him because he is a cheap possible moneyball selection. Im not saying we should recruit him although I wouldnt be disappointed if we did.

We have Adams but he gets injured a fair bit and our midfield grunt gets screwed whenever he’s out. We don’t really have anyone else on the list with his profile. Plus he’s 28 and crash and bash inside mids can gal off the cliff so who knows how long he has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back