List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poulter wants to stay at the pies. Which is always the vibe I got anyway. He is settled in melb with a GF

No matter the rumours speak of him wanting to go back to SA.

But of course, we know wanting to stay, and the club wanting you -- are two different things.

He might want to go back to SA but both Adelaide clubs not interested.

Poulter wants to stay at the pies. Which is always the vibe I got anyway. He is settled in melb with a GF

No matter the rumours speak of him wanting to go back to SA.

But of course, we know wanting to stay, and the club wanting you -- are two different things.
I don't get the impression that the club wants Poulter to stay, i'd be surprised if we offered him a new contract.

Henry to Geelong for 2nd rounder that goes to Hawks for Mitchell + they increase the kick in for his salary.
AJ has gone way past Henry in half a season.
Mitchell will more than do what Adams has been doing + better disposal efficiency.
AJ
Did U see sat .nite.
R U ok????????!

Could happen though . We may be satisfied taking 2 first rounders this year assuming we get 1 for Grundy and 2 next year.
Dont think Geelong can trade next years 1st.

You have to use 2 1sts in a 4 year period.

2020 - Holmes (they got from richmond)
2021 - must have traded it.
2022- trade for Bruhn
2023 - must use.

Don’t want us accepting a future first either.

I'm pretty clear that I don't want to trade Henry under just about any circumstance but from early reports next years draft is seen as being better while a future first could come in handy if their is a juicy free agency / trade target available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty clear that I don't want to trade Henry under just about any circumstance but from early reports next years draft is seen as being better while a future first could come in handy if their is a juicy free agency / trade target available.
My only thinking is it just delays any development even further. Henry was a first in 2020, which then would become a first in 2023. Lost 3 years in some respects. But it is what it is and hoping we can at least break even in the trade

My only thinking is it just delays any development even further. Henry was a first in 2020, which then would become a first in 2023. Lost 3 years in some respects. But it is what it is and hoping we can at least break even in the trade

After Nick Daicos an argument could be made that Henry has the highest potential ceiling off all our players aged under 21 IMO.

I don't want there to be any trade. It would be a shocking outcome.

After Nick Daicos an argument could be made that Henry has the highest potential ceiling off all our players aged under 21 IMO.

I don't want there to be any trade. It would be a shocking outcome.
My view too. After nick, he is the most talented kid on our list.

I think your making presumptions. Mitchell is cooked, look elsewhere.

It’s not just my view, it was pretty common among the media “experts” as well.

Yet only 2 weeks prior to that article being written, Mitchell had been named in Hawthorn's bests for the first 6 rounds. Then he was frequently in Hawthorn's bests for the remainder of the season and played all bar one game (injury).

Tom Mitchell now being compared with Will Brodie (and from a one game sample size at that)?!

Will Brodie has has one serviceable season as an inside mid, but has been a great complementary pick up for Freo.
Tom Mitchell is a decorated player who has won a Brownlow and made a habit out of rucking successfully to Grundy's taps when playing against us and winning 40-50 possessions.

No, Tom isn't a penetrating kick like DeGoey, doesn't have his leg speed either, but he'd be bloody helpful on the inside to feed the ball out by hand to Daicos, Steele, Pendles or whoever else we care to have at the back of the stoppage.

No doubt, our game style is different to what he has played at Hawthorn, but his game will easily adapt in my opinion.
He also won't feel inclined to have to do everything himself, which is a load he has had to carry at Hawthorn given their second rate midfield and under-sized ruck division in recent years.
Well yes, Tom Mitchell inside mid almost 30 and Will Brodie inside mid and mid 20's. You could mount a strong argument Brodie is a lot more valuable based on 2022 form but they're still both inside mids and Freo want to hang onto Will and Hawthorn are looking to dump Tom.

I’ll actually be reasonable.

You can have Grundy and his full salary for Tom Mitchell & Ned Reeves, maybe a swap of picks in our favour.

I’m sure I’ll get slammed by others, but I don’t think we’ll get a first for Grundy.

IF we can't get a Young Star or 1st Rounder we should just keep Grundy Then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back