Collingwood VS Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

This is bizarre umpiring. Shaw and Chapman identical kicks one deliberate the other not. Then Stokes stands his ground while a player jumps into him and gets given a free kick against. Not to mention the softest report for a sling tackle you could possibly imagine. Horrible game being made worse by incompetence.

Yes shaw and chappy?? Different umps I guess. The stokes free was there, nearly tunneling actually.

The disgrace is listening to these pathetic commentators on ch 7 actually barracking for Geelong and sooking about frees. Lingy even stoking about the free last time they met. And people used to complain about Eddie.

Chapman deliberately kicked at the boundary in acres of empty space. His only objective was to gain distance on a throw in.

decisions like the last two are just depressing to see given. a 50 meter kick that trickles over the line is deliberate, the tiniest of contact with a hip in a contest is a free kick. ugh.

however geelong have been belted, no doubts about it. cant point to the umpires for being smacked around by a better collingwood. hawkins back to his spudtacular best too.

Yeah I'd be pretty pissed off at those decisions if I were Geelong supporters. Maxwell just jumped way too early for mine. And that deliberate was a real what the heck call, given that the one against Shaw wasn't paid, although Shaw did just hack it out straight away when he got it.

Chappy's kick was a perfect kick for touch. Harsh to call it deliberate but I can understand why the umpire called it deliberate. From the TV it looked like the Cats had nobody in their forward line, so clearly Chappy would be going for the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be a fan of both of them if they punched each other in the face!

And knocked each other out.

Though that would leave Lingy and Richo to carry the commentary for the second half. Not so sure whether they could do that.

would actually become a fan of darcy if he punched taylor in the face right about now. what a tool

Richo has got to be close to hitting him. Always going off at him for no reason.

I also lol'd earlier when Richo sarcastically said to him 'Well BT you're the goal kicking expert here'
And he answered sincerely :rolleyes: . Flog

Chappy's kick was a perfect kick for touch. Harsh to call it deliberate but I can understand why the umpire called it deliberate. From the TV it looked like the Cats had nobody in their forward line, so clearly Chappy would be going for the line.
What is he suppose to do though? Take them on and get pinged for holding the ball? Kick it up the guts and watch it get sent straight back over his head? He gained maximum distance and it only trickled over the line.. If kicks like that are going to be called deliberate every time, the rule should be changed.

Correct.

Hardly the worst umpiring call you will ever see.

Don't know about that, but he can sure play footy. Cats would love to have him out there now.
Agreed the kid can play.. Very unlucky thing to happen to such a promising young talent.. Right up there with the likes of our big max bailey and scotty gumbleton.. Hope he can still forge a good career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood VS Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back