Collingwood VS Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpire got that Daisy call at the end wrong - He called 'play-on' when in reality he should have penalised Thomas for feining for a free kick and putting his neck needlessly in a dangerous situation -

Brett Burton said years ago that the modern interpretation of 'protecting the head' will one day cause players to put their heads in danger, exactly like he did then.

What is wrong with that comment?
The fact that they are capable of getting pumped by carlton and its a very even season. Collingwood aren't 'clearly' anything at the moment.. Good? Yes. The best? Maybe. Clearly? Hell no.

Had we of kicked straight, we might have won.

Once again, bullshit. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 Geelong behinds that were Spoils and/or Rush Behinds. "If we had have ____ we would have won." Is the dumbest excuse used.

Give me their records against the sides in the Top 8. There is nothing wrong with Darcy's comment.

Give me some facts to back up your claim. You can't.

You also cant list facts to back up your claim. Because there is no facts; its a game of football and there are so many variables when playing this team and that team that facts dont often compute well. You are allowed your opinion; and I also have mine, that being Collingwood arent the best. That doesnt mean they wont win the Flag, they very well may because theres still a fair few weeks left. However at the moment, Hawks and the Eagles are.

You also cant list facts to back up your claim. Because there is no facts; its a game of football and there are so many variables when playing this team and that team that facts dont often compute well. You are allowed your opinion; and I also have mine, that being Collingwood arent the best. That doesnt mean they wont win the Flag, they very well may because theres still a fair few weeks left. However at the moment, Hawks and the Eagles are.

Who have Hawthorn beat lately that shows they're the best team? Hawks haven't played a top 8 team since round 8 and that was North. The next few weeks will show it, but how can Hawks claim it right now?

The fact that you can't answer my question clearly shows you can't reference your claim.

What? Its an opinion. I have no references. I think Scarlett Johannsen is hot, you might prefer say Jessical Alba. Doesn't mean we have to get out a spreadsheet and back up our claim. I watch alot of games and its my thoughts. I am sorry that its rankled you or whatnot. In fact, surprised you care enough to argue at all; your team just comfortably beat my team. Shouldnt you be like, rubbing my nose in it or something?

its close and pies arent clearly ahead.

however i like our chances against these other perceived " best teams "

swans and eagles dont worry me

hawks are a different story with buddy on fire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its close and pies arent clearly ahead.

however i like our chances against these other perceived " best teams "

swans and eagles dont worry me

hawks are a different story with buddy on fire

Not afraid to play West Coast in Perth first week of finals? or in a Prelim?

Collingwood deserved to win tonight, but the score wasn't a true reflection of the game. It was a lot closer. Terrible kicking by Geelong very deflating for the team when easy set shots Are
missed.

Not afraid to play West Coast in Perth first week of finals? or in a Prelim?
Honestly no, id be more worried about playing the cats and hawks.

im not downgrading the ability of west coast , i just think we match up well against them

just like im sure you wouldnt think your chances against the hawks would be less than 50 50

Darcy is rubbish. "Collingwood is clearly the best team going around at the moment"....

Darcy ain't the smartest person around.Just seconds after BT mentioned Josh Walkers grandfather Peter was a 1963 premiership player,Darcy chirps in with "Haven't Geelong done well out of the Father/Son rule ? " :rolleyes:

Dale Thomas - worst dive I have ever seen.

It wasn't a dive, or trying to milk a free kick as some others have suggested. What it was was a really really stupid thing to do when there's someone running at you..I think he did it expect the Geelong player to stop because of it, but he kept going. Couldn't believe Thomas did it to be honest..hopefully doesn't do it any more after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood VS Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back