Autopsy Collingwood: Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slobbo had Curnow ranked best player in comp at start of 2023. Doesn't mean a journo is right in their rankings. Cripps will be evaluated higher after this season if he wins a few individual awards, no doubt
He has.

But share an article or video where anyone has rated him as the best player in the comp (not from a Carlton nuffy).

But more to the point about Crippa, a Herculean man who's carried his club on his back for a decade... His tale is a sad one in that it shows that no matter how good a player is, if the rest of the list is washed up trash the club will inevitably struggle - which goes back to the OPs point...

No matter how good Nicky is or may become, the rest of Collingwood is in mass decline. They have half the retirement homes in Victoria pre booked for the top half of their list to join over the next 24 months, Degoey now has OP which is a severely hampering condition (I should know, I've battled it for multiple years) and players like Moore, Quaynor, Hill, McCreery etc have shown to be flat out ordinary footballers when the rest of the team has fallen away.

Where do the Pies go from here without a first round pick, almost no players of value to trade when injuries and age are factored in... It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel for poor Nicky and the Pies.

But more to the point about Crippa, a Herculean man who's carried his club on his back for a decade... His tale is a sad one in that it shows that no matter how good a player is, if the rest of the list is washed up trash the club will inevitably struggle - which goes back to the OPs point...

No matter how good Nicky is or may become, the rest of Collingwood is in mass decline. They have half the retirement homes in Victoria pre booked for the top half of their list to join over the next 24 months, Degoey now has OP which is a severely hampering condition (I should know, I've battled it for multiple years) and players like Moore, Quaynor, Hill, McCreery etc have shown to be flat out ordinary footballers when the rest of the team has fallen away.

Where do the Pies go from here without a first round pick, almost no players of value to trade when injuries and age are factored in... It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel for poor Nicky and the Pies.
Cripps is a smug, selfish person and that's why his club will never get anywhere, another Robert Harvey 👎

Pies will be fine as always but thanks for your concern 😆

Sorry I forgot best player in the comp was now a permanent title?

I guess when Cripps was on a tear at the start of 2022 he was just forever titled the best player in the comp despite dropping off dramatically for a period after that...

Or Heeney at the start of 2024...

Clarry must still be the best inside mid in the comp because he was for a while despite now being a fat slug who can barely run out a quarter

🤡

Cripps is a smug, selfish person and that's why his club will never get anywhere, another Robert Harvey 👎

I'm sure the kid who asked for a clause in his first contract about getting more $$ if he won the Brownlow in his first few years and has the nickname 'whispers' because he reckons every time he walks into a room people whisper 'omg thats Nick Daicos' is far less smug and selfish 😂

Sorry I forgot best player in the comp was now a permanent title?

I guess when Cripps was on a tear at the start of 2022 he was just forever titled the best player in the comp despite dropping off dramatically for a period after that...

Or Heeney at the start of 2024...

Clarry must still be the best inside mid in the comp because he was for a while despite now being a fat slug who can barely run out a quarter

🤡
All those guys come and go but Daics always produces and therefore is the best in the comp

Won't be hard finding good players wanting to play with him, all this "cliff" stuff really makes me lol 😆

I'm sure the kid who asked for a clause in his first contract about getting more $$ if he won the Brownlow in his first few years and has the nickname 'whispers' because he reckons every time he walks into a room people whisper 'omg thats Nick Daicos' is far less smug and selfish 😂
Haven't yet seen Daics grinning after a dreadful loss

Cripps just wants more Brownlows 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't know what you're talking about if you're bringing in Robert Harvey as a reason why St Kilda got nowhere. At times, it helps to engage the brain before hitting the keyboard.

cheers

Pies will be fine. The desperate belief of the general public was that after 2020 we would be down for a long time. One down year followed by a prelim then a premiership.

I'd be surprised if we don't finish between 2nd and 6th in 2025.
With the oldest list in the comp this year and no first round draft picks at ur disposal?

With the oldest list in the comp this year and no first round draft picks at ur disposal?
First round draft picks 😆

Everyone wants to play for us, sets them up for life

Just watch us get straight back into the prelims while your rabble drop back down to the cellar where you belong

Yep.

Oldest list is irrelevant to next year, as is the absence of a first round pick. Pendles is still best 22, and would likely be in any team. Sidebottom is still best 22 and, based on his last 4 weeks at least, would be in any team. Not sure who else you think is deeply valuable now that will decline next year.

I've never heard or read anyone, anywhere suggesting Cripps or Heeney are the best players in the game.

Having the best seasons in 2024? Sure.

But Bont has been regularly regarded as the best player in the game for the past four years, with the likes of Jeremy Cameron and Christian Petracca thrown into that discussion for short periods.

But since the mid point of 2023, it has consistently been Bont or Daicos.
Who cares. The point is saying "If you were to attend Collingwood games you would hear opposition fans constantly talk about how he is the best in the game." is a stupid argument.

This is a thread focusing mainly on list management. You already have a dedicated Daicos thread.
Nick Daicos alone cannot offset the impending decline of half your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood: Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back