Collingwood's new sponsorship deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
Champage comedy.
Think of that all by yourself?

Come on Nick.

No need to get all churlish.

L-Nizzy trotted out the predictable "well we don't really care about the Wizard Cup GF 'cause it was only a funsies game" and at the same time tried to draw a parrallel with our "loss" to the Bullies in a game, which by definition was a "Practice" match

If the Wizard Cup GF meant so little to the Pies, why didn't they just throw one of the preliminary rounds like we did?

Instead of going to all the trouble to make the Gf and then lose it?

And play a "real" practice match..........like we did.

And not care about the result?........like we don't.

Originally posted by luthor
L-Nizzy trotted out the predictable "well we don't really care about the Wizard Cup GF 'cause it was only a funsies game" and at the same time tried to draw a parrallel with our "loss" to the Bullies in a game, which by definition was a "Practice" match

If the Wizard Cup GF meant so little to the Pies, why didn't they just throw one of the preliminary rounds like we did?

Instead of going to all the trouble to make the Gf and then lose it?

And play a "real" practice match..........like we did.

And not care about the result?........like we don't.

I haven't cared at all about our wins, why am I gonna care about the loss? Any match played before round one means SFA in my book.

Also, the Brisbane Lions aren't the Bears. They aren't Fitzroy. They're half of each, kinda like Frankenstein's monster, parts of different things. The shirts i've seen say "Est. 1997". They're not Fitzroy.

Originally posted by L-Nizzy

Also, the Brisbane Lions aren't the Bears. They aren't Fitzroy. They're half of each, kinda like Frankenstein's monster, parts of different things. The shirts i've seen say "Est. 1997". They're not Fitzroy.

Correct. Sort of.

We're not the Bears and we're not Fizroy but we ARE a successful football club that embraces and recognises the separate historical entities that were the antecedents of the Brisbane Lions FC.

Apart from some internal bickering now and then, our fans, members and supporters are pretty happy with their lot in life.

Your analogy to Frankensteins's monster is wide of the mark.

The poor old monster crashed and burned in a windmill fire, friendless, homeless, reviled and rejected by those who blamed him for the sins of his creator.

Far from crashing and burning, we have prospered and flourished to the tune of 5 top eight finishes, 13 finals, 4 Preliminary Finals, 2 Grand Finals and 2 Premierships since being "established" in 1997.

WE are the only AFL Football Club to have won a Premiership in the 21st Century!!!

The Frankenstein's monster should have been so lucky.

History

Sorry L-Nizzy...

but the Fitzroy Lions do form part of our history...

the merger combined the Brisbane Bears and the Fitzroy Lions giving us our beloved Brisbane Lions...

Try and tell a passionate Fitzroy Lions supporter that they dont count...
Try and tell a passionate Brisbane Bears supporter that they dont count...

But we have all moved on and now all support the Brisbane Lions...

Just keep CHEERING !!!!!!

Re: History

Originally posted by Go_the_young_Guys
Sorry L-Nizzy...

but the Fitzroy Lions do form part of our history...

the merger combined the Brisbane Bears and the Fitzroy Lions giving us our beloved Brisbane Lions...

Try and tell a passionate Fitzroy Lions supporter that they dont count...
Try and tell a passionate Brisbane Bears supporter that they dont count...

But we have all moved on and now all support the Brisbane Lions...

Just keep CHEERING !!!!!!

Exactly!!

Both the Bears and Fitzroy are part of our history.

Fitzroy in part is still in the AFL, as are in part the Brisbane Bears.

Geez do Collingwood pay people to look for anti-pie posts on footy sites or something, the REAL pies have always been in SA anyhow and their black and white jumper will be in the AFL one day (Rd 19 this year i think, federation round )

Funny.. I could've sworn the Port Adelaide colours were black, white and TEAL.. and they're the Power, not the Magpies.. after all, the "Port Adelaide Football Club" has no association with the Magpies that play in the SANFL, according to Port fans here..

Originally posted by Roylion
Well come on then. Tell us all about it.

Or are we going to get more crap about how you don't care to argue.

You know any argument you attempt to put up will be absolutely shot to pieces.

All for one and one for all!!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood's new sponsorship deals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back