Roast come on in- doubters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was off...walked out of Etihad trying to get reception so I could pop another $100 on Richmond.

Feeding your 3 day old baby 4am in the morning is much better while the 3rd qtr is replaying :)

That's the second day this week you had to watch a painful preamble before enjoying the delights of a successful conclusion - you really could have kept better perspective! Glad your best week ever finished so nicely.

That's the second day this week you had to watch a painful preamble before enjoying the delights of a successful conclusion - you really could have kept better perspective! Glad your best week ever finished so nicely.

Unlike North though my mrs "pushed hard" in the first half ;)

Lets turn this good feel week into a good feel month.

Sadly agree.

Rapt with the 2nd half though. I just hope that first half gets a thorough review. Had food poisoning more enjoyable than that.

Did something about it though within the game so its something to build on and reference later in the season.

Oh and was weak too but pleased to look the fool. :)

Since being there for that glorious last quarter comeback against Sydney all those years ago I always have hope.

But I admit at half time letting a few choice expletives rip at our beloved Roos in the warm privacy of my Brisbanistan abode.

That is rare for me but I was feeling crushed. It was the tiggers after all.

I wasn't happy, but didn't resort to condemning the team. There was a part of me that thought "It's Richmond... we're a chance."

Our first half was disgraceful so I have no problem with supporters 'feeling it'.

Supporters should support.

Really? My group resorted to amber medication at half time and said Scott needs to do something like sub Daw at the half or go on a tirade about whoever doesn't show intent in the 2nd half is dropped.

Players should turn up to play.

Coaches should coach and I make no apologies that this gen y Scott approach is what leads to some of the consistently inconsistent rubbish we have served up. Too many protected senior players and too many golden boys who have played enough games now.

This supporter still thinks our team and in particular Scott should grow a pair and draw a line in the friggin sand in year 5.

I had to bugger off to a function at half time, suitably refreshed after a few beers with LuvTheKangas and Gustav. I'll put my hand up and state that I thought we were screwed when I departed. One of my mates at the function came over to tell me that North were putting the Tigs to the sword, so I proceeded to get mightily stonkered whilst regularly checking the scores. I now have a monster headache and am about to kill for bacon and eggs. Get around 'em!!

1. Really? My group resorted to amber medication at half time and said Scott needs to do something like sub Daw at the half or go on a tirade about whoever doesn't show intent in the 2nd half is dropped.

Players should turn up to play.

Coaches should coach and I make no apologies that this gen y Scott approach is what leads to some of the consistently inconsistent rubbish we have served up. Too many protected senior players and too many golden boys who have played enough games now.

This supporter still thinks our team and in particular Scott should grow a pair and draw a line in the friggin sand in year 5.
    We are 7-4 and one game off 2nd. We play 2 top 8 teams in the next 11 games. After a really tough 1st half of the year if you are not happy at where we are then your glass is half empty.

1. We are 7-4 and one game off 2nd. We play 2 top 8 teams in the next 11 games. After a really tough 1st half of the year if you are not happy at where we are then your glass is half empty.
Don't agree. We put the jets on in the second half and we can achieve something. We don't, we win a final, great, but a 7-4 start can create so much ....if the blokes can put on a run of games together.

Ok, to say I was arse-ripped devastated at halftime is an understatement. The thing is, no matter how bad we have been in various games this season, we haven't lost to a crap team. The bombers are the worst of them - and they are light years ahead of the cellar dwellers.
But Richmond are shit. Make no mistake about this, folks! I have never rated them. I still can't get my head around how they finished in the eight last year. The ease with which an ordinary Carlton team brushed them aside in that final said it all.
And as bad as we were in the second quarter and despite the 6 goal deficit, I was still very hopeful of a comeback because Richmond cannot run out games and generally they are a heartless rabble. I felt they would melt if the blowtorch were applied. Which it was and which they did.
I was and am stoked about our dominance in the second half .
But.
But the first half.
Our lack of run, lack of accountability and inability to win the hard ball against a team without Great ball winning power is a REAL concern. Our best is awesome these days. No doubt about it. But our worst is woeful. Not finals-worthy. Light years from contender-worthy. And our worst is frequently on display.
No amount of this "I'm-North-in-good-times-and-bad" crap is going to make this go away.
We are either a work in progress or another version of Richmond(an ordinary group marching bravely down the wrong path with the wrong coach).
There is evidence to support both theories and there is going to be much brutal debate on this board before the answer is known. But the answer will be with us soon.
People will rage when the team is floundering(despite years of so-called development) and it's not because they don't love the club. It's because they do love the club. And their voices will be heard when their team is 35 points down against Richmond at half time. Don't tell me they haven't got the right to celebrate the awesome comeback and spirited, gritty win.
We are a family. A scrapping, brawling family who will disagree about a lot of things but a family nonetheless.
Our pedigree should not be called into question because of our opinions
I want to believe. We all want to believe. That should be enough.
Ok, rant over.

Don't agree. We put the jets on in the second half and we can achieve something. We don't, we win a final, great, but a 7-4 start can create so much ....if the blokes can put on a run of games together.
So you are not happy where we are?

We have only played 2 games against the bottom 5 sides. We have 6 games against them in the next 11.

We are in a great spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are not happy where we are?

We have only played 2 games against the bottom 5 sides. We have 6 games against them in the next 11.

We are in a great spot.
I don't want to be happy at 7-4. While it's a good launching point, I want to be talking about our final run. Delayed gratification and all....

With our draw - twice to wa, swans in syd, cats in geelong, pies and ess in round 1. What win loss record would make you happy?
Well I judge success by one thing - winning grand finals.....

Ok, to say I was arse-ripped devastated at halftime is an understatement. The thing is, no matter how bad we have been in various games this season, we haven't lost to a crap team. The bombers are the worst of them - and they are light years ahead of the cellar dwellers.

But Richmond are shit. Make no mistake about this, folks! I have never rated them. I still can't get my head around how they finished in the eight last year. The ease with which an ordinary Carlton team brushed them aside in that final said it all.
Yes and no. Don't forget that, in an eerily similar performance the Tigers were up by 32 pts against the Blues, before losing by 20 pts. They can be a bit similar to us... very good AND very bad. Overall, I agree with the sentiment, but they are capable of some good footy and showed it in the second quarter.

Our best is awesome these days. No doubt about it. But our worst is woeful. Not finals-worthy. Light years from contender-worthy. And our worst is frequently on display.

We are either a work in progress or another version of Richmond (an ordinary group marching bravely down the wrong path with the wrong coach). There is evidence to support both theories and there is going to be much brutal debate on this board before the answer is known. But the answer will be with us soon.
My sense is that our journey has been very different from Richmonds, despite some obvious parallels. We've been learning (and sometime re-learning) things along the way, and adding on. I think Richmond and Dimma had a gradual and continual rise up the ladder and believed that alone reflected team maturation. They have had a particularly hard wake-up call this year that showed them they weren't as progressed as they thought they were.

I don't want to be happy at 7-4. While it's a good launching point, I want to be talking about our final run. Delayed gratification and all....
grumpy-let-the-grumpy-flow-through-you.jpeg

If we were down by 5 goals to the Hawks then fair enough. But to Richmond? Thats unacceptable to be 35 points in the negative to that rabble.
Our forward line wasnt working. Our leaders in Goldi, Drew, Spitta and Jack couldnt get near it. And they responded!
Brad Scott though. Another excellent coaching move.
Subbed off Daw who was getting in Drews way for mine. Clear example was when Dish was one out and Daw led his man to the contest. If it werent for Boomer crumbing would have cost us a shot on goal. We are at our most dangerous with Drew one out and allowing him to lead and run and jump for the ball.
Godis 2nd half was immense. Just lifted and took Maric to the cleaners. Best game for the club for mine.
Spitta lead like a captain should. Follow me and Il show you the way. Onya skipper.
Heres another myth busted. Ziebell is an excellent stoppage player where he is at his best at the ruckmans feet, bullying his way through packs. His second half was immense. Centre square ball ups dont suit him as there is more space IMO and him starting at half forward working his way into the midle and then pushing back up the ground was a perfect way to use him by Brad.
Boomer is Boomer. Hes not human.
OUR LEADERS STOOD UP WHEN NEEDED

Other half was sick with a cold but we decided to go to the game. At half time our frustration levels were out of control. I didn't think the team had it in them to fight their way back into the game. Over the last few years, I've watched the talent of the players, and enjoyed some great wins. However, the gritty dour wins that were common when Pagan was coaching I thought were long gone. Last night showed a team that had obviously committed to each other to dig in and play hard. I also take my hat off to the coaches regarding how players lined up in the 3rd quarter, it made a huge difference. I'll always be loyal to NM but I learnt something about myself last night I was a supporter that lacked faith in the side. More fool me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast come on in- doubters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back